Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:50:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Incredible Hulk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Incredible Hulk  (Read 3494 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

on: November 28, 2008, 04:43:50 AM

William Hurt was the only good thing about this. Head scratch
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 06:35:17 AM

I thought Ang Lee did the creature well. I loved the desert scene. But Hollywood just cannot put the pieces together.

I have never played WoW.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 11:39:03 AM

Wait.. I'm talking about the new Ed Norton one. Is that the Hulk or the Incredible Hulk?
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 11:41:44 AM

It doesn't really matter, both are trash.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 06:50:24 PM

The new one is way better than that shit Ang Lee pushed out.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 03:53:03 PM

I really liked the Ed Norton one. Nothing mind blowing but it was entertaining and definitely worth watching.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 06:22:50 PM

I agree, the newer one was definitely heaps better then the Ang Lee version.  This one seem to take alot of cues from the original TV series as well.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 06:34:15 PM

I don't think Ed Norton was bad (and I already said Hurt was good)... but I think I liked Bana just as much. Some other things about the first were better though. This one became a little focused on the rivalry between Tim Roth's character and the Hulk. The first one pinned the Hulk against just about everyone... didn't really bust out a nemesis until Nolte (who totally ruined it). Anyways, the action sequences were better because of that. Things just seemed more smallscale here.

Also, the CGI was better in the first, despite it being older.

In other ways, they're equal. All in all though, it didn't improve upon Ang Lee's version at all, like they wanted. I'd be interested in viewing Norton's cut though, if there is one.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 08:20:12 PM

Whenever I think of a Hulk movie, I imagine myself going "OMG THAT IS SO APESHIT WHOOP WHOOP!" at various action sequences. The first one had none of that, and was confusing. I thought the comic book panel effect was rather creative, but other than that, um...I didn't know what they were doing. The second one had those moments.

The Hulk was crazy shaking mad in the first one, but just kind of simmering and sneering in the second. Rubber Hulk with the wibbly-wobbly skin was stupid in the first one. In the second one he was more tough. I didn't care too much about Banner in either movie, but at least he was conflicted in the second one, and that made him marginally more interesting.

Overall I get the feeling Hollywood wants to do a Hulk movie but doesn't quite know what to do with it.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 09:19:10 AM

All I know is that with Marvel rushing to make movies out of every property they own ASAP, I'm betting that they're going to butcher the goose that lays the golden eggs by burying the public under an avalanche of who-cares pictures. Seriously, last I heard they were doing an Ant Man movie. Ant Man.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Incredible Hulk  
Jump to: