Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:27:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Question: Fun and Interesting things to do? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question: Fun and Interesting things to do?  (Read 2379 times)
GuidoFubini

Email
on: November 18, 2004, 10:03:40 AM

So I'll get right to it: I play weekly with a group of friends and we've got ourselves well organized. We're ~lvl 22 and it's becoming apparent that there aren't a lot of different things to do that are worth our time. We are pretty much confined to running missions, and even then we sometimes can't find a challenge. So does anyone have suggestions for a group of 7-8 that routinely pulls mobs one floor at a time? Is it just missions and Task Forces in our future? What can we do for variety?

Yes I'm newly registered, but I'll introduce myself another time elsewhere, or maybe just start w00+ w007 v5. Who knows.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 10:23:35 PM

A mission difficultly slider is going in for Issue 3, which is being uploaded to test 'very soon'.  So you'll be able to make the missions an actual challenge - not sure what else to tell ya.
GuidoFubini

Email
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 07:13:56 AM

I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it, Raging Turtle. Thanks for the reminder. That will indeed be a major help, I think. So I guess I'll chin up until then.
Lewis
Developers

Cryptic Studios

Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 11:42:46 AM

It's (probably) going up today, and the new zone is level 20+.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 11:07:24 AM

I canceled again.  My rationale?

Quote from: Geldon's Wacky Blog
I was reminded just why I hate City of Heroes so much: They screwed up the difficulty. It used to be that if you were in a group you could take on mobs 8 levels higher than you - it was hard, but lucrative. Now, you can't touch any mobs 4 levels higher than you, they're too slippery. So, as a group, you run around blasting mobs that are far too easy for you to fight instead. As a result, City of Heroes is a solo game or nothing. Boooring!

But, really, this is mostly a matter of opinon.   If you think the game's adequettely challenging, this doesn't apply to you.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 12:35:08 PM

What level/spec are you?

You shouldn't be having trouble killing +4s unless they are in large groups or you are a solo support class. (Support class being defender, controller, or certain blaster and tank builds)

The problem with groups where it's hard to get an instanced mission of sufficient difficulty is fair, but that is equally true for soloing.

Which is why the mission diffculty selector in update 3 is the second coming of Superpowered Jesus.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 02:27:16 PM

My 21st Scrapper is a real soloing machine.  However, he doesn't get invited into many groups.   My Controllers (ranging in level from 10 to 18) are the ones that are sought after in groups, and indeed it's next to impossible for them to contribute to a 4+ level fight due to mob slipperyness.

However, perhaps I was too hasty in canceling CoH.  It was mostly a third person opinion that made me think that mobs above level 5+ are as untouchable now as they were when I first canceled a few months ago.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Question: Fun and Interesting things to do?  
Jump to: