Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:32:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Hotfix: Changes to live event 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hotfix: Changes to live event  (Read 5487 times)
tolakram
Terracotta Army

on: November 21, 2008, 11:10:24 AM

They corrected something I thought was insanely stupid, so props for reacting.

http://warherald.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=467

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Greetings!

The following Hot Fixes have been made:

Live Event Updates

* By popular request, players will now be able to complete previous daily tasks for the Heavy Metal event. A task will continue to unlock each day and remain open until the end of the event allowing players to complete all the tasks at their convenience. Please Note: If you notice an apparent loss of credit for any previous days you have already completed simply exit the game entirely and log back in to correct this issue.

* Reikland Factory: Improvements have been made to potentially increase the rate at which the scenario launches.
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 11:13:18 AM

And the reason this deserves its own thread and doesn't belong under the "Heavy Metal" thread is...?

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 11:37:15 AM

* By popular request, players will now be able to complete previous daily tasks for the Heavy Metal event.

That's odd... as of this morning, there were three tasks, two of which could be completed in a single run of RF, and I seem to recall hearing from the preview that most of the tasks would be about running RF.  I get the impression one could just log in on the last day, run RF once, and unlock half the bar in ten minutes.  Oh, well.  I wonder if this is reaction to their server having been down part of every day since the patch went live for "emergency maintenance".
d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 03:49:09 PM

The tasks locked the day after they were added. So, if you were unable to do RF on the first day for whatever reason, you would never be able to complete that task.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 04:16:39 PM

Just spent about 3 hours semi afk standing at a warcamp, I wanted to try the new scenario.  It didn't pop once, Serpent's Passage was still sorta popular.  Region chat had people saying this hot fix was put it because sometimes it's virtually impossible to do the tasks without waiting for hours due to the population problems.  I wouldn't know, I logged.
Warskull
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 05:00:52 PM

* By popular request, players will now be able to complete previous daily tasks for the Heavy Metal event.

That's odd... as of this morning, there were three tasks, two of which could be completed in a single run of RF, and I seem to recall hearing from the preview that most of the tasks would be about running RF.  I get the impression one could just log in on the last day, run RF once, and unlock half the bar in ten minutes.  Oh, well.  I wonder if this is reaction to their server having been down part of every day since the patch went live for "emergency maintenance".

You see that actually requires getting in the scenario, which doesn't actually happen.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 06:06:52 PM

Just spent about 3 hours semi afk standing at a warcamp, I wanted to try the new scenario.  It didn't pop once, Serpent's Passage was still sorta popular.  Region chat had people saying this hot fix was put it because sometimes it's virtually impossible to do the tasks without waiting for hours due to the population problems.  I wouldn't know, I logged.

You're still playing this turdball? 

The new scenario is good, but nothing to write home about.  Certainly it is nothing to focus a game around.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 11:33:32 PM

I'm not having any problems at all gettin the new scenario to pop, and I've even rerolled Destruction. I ran it probably a dozen times today and that's Tier 2. The longest I've had to wait since they started it was maybe about 40 minutes.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 04:12:04 AM

You're still playing this turdball? 

Not really, subscription ends in 2 days I just wanted to checkout the new scenario.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 04:16:08 PM

Just a heads up:

Looks like today they unlocked all the tasks, so you can get a full bar in a few hours if you want.  Half the tasks can be finished relatively quickly in 2-3 runs of Factory, the others are mostly quick PvE tasks which you can smack around lowbie mobs to clear.  The one tricky one I can think of is getting fifteen ORvR kills, since the way it counts "kills" seems to be different than the rest of the game.

Don't know what they're doing with this... I assumed they were trying to stagger the new classes so the starter zones wouldn't be as flooded with Blackguards when the class was released, but now anyone can get them in a day, so I don't know what the deal is.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 04:27:15 PM

Nordenwatch should be funny to see with all Knights and Blackguard... actually, no, not really. I bet they wish they would have released these at launch since it's going to start a slew of Knight > Chosen and Blackgaurd > Swordmaster.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 06:04:49 PM

Don't know what they're doing with this...

They're desperate to retain subscribers.

Should have done this from the start. Releasing KotBS and BG now is fixing a mistake, not giving new crap.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 06:22:47 PM

Don't know what they're doing with this... I assumed they were trying to stagger the new classes so the starter zones wouldn't be as flooded with Blackguards when the class was released, but now anyone can get them in a day, so I don't know what the deal is.

Acknowledging the event is a total clusterfuck the way they designed it.  Where the most difficult task is to actually get into the scenario.  They may as well unlock them all, it's been 3 days and counting since my last Reikland pop.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 07:07:47 PM

Unfortunately cutting those classes from launch almost kept me from purchasing it to begin with, should have listened to my intuition back then.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Hotfix: Changes to live event  
Jump to: