Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:49:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: EU Subscription Warning 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EU Subscription Warning  (Read 3592 times)
Just Testing
Terracotta Army

on: November 14, 2008, 06:15:40 PM

GOA has made an adjustment to their account management.

If you have just recently canceled and still have an open subscription, or you had subscribed, but without selecting a 'renewal', GOA just opted you back in for an 'automatic' renewal.
You must go back and re-cancel if you do not want to pay.

Quite a tremendous business model.  ACK!

Edit for clarity
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 06:31:02 PM by Just Testing »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 06:52:34 PM

That's one way to increase sub numbers  awesome, for real

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 02:43:11 AM

When I subscribed past the free month, I picked the one off payment option, I made a point of avoiding the automatic renewal.  A few days ago I checked and my sub was set to expire on 25/11/2008, to see what would happen I clicked the "suspend subscription" option and it told me my subscription would automatically end on 25/11/2008, so basically that did nothing.

Just logged in to my account and it is now set to automatic renewal, if I hadn't seen this thread I would have been billed for another month even though I twice made efforts to make sure that wouldn't happen.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 09:55:56 AM

I'm not convinced this is in any way legal.

Someone who cares ought to tell VISA.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: EU Subscription Warning  
Jump to: