Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:01:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1116184 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6265 on: May 11, 2019, 08:52:36 AM

That part of the prophesy was very specifically NOT in the show.

I am the .00000001428%
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6266 on: May 11, 2019, 11:46:19 AM

One of the things that HAS to happen is Cersei’s prophecy.  Jamie or Tyrion has to strangle her at some point.

The prophecy refers to the "hands of the valonqar [little brother]".  "Hands" plural, and "the" little brother, not "your" little brother.

Tyrion's hands aren't big enough (unless he somehow uses that same "hand necklace" he used to strangle Shae), and Jaime only has one hand.

Euron has two hands, is very capable of using them to strangle Cersei, and is Balon's little brother.  My other top pick for the valonqar is the Hound, for similar reasons.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6267 on: May 11, 2019, 12:45:48 PM

That part of the prophesy was very specifically NOT in the show.

Very true.  That could mean they went a different way, or they thought is was too hard to explain, or it was a spoiler.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6268 on: May 11, 2019, 01:07:47 PM

Ironically Dany's prophesy about the "mummer's dragon" was, and they completely forgot about it.

I am the .00000001428%
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6269 on: May 11, 2019, 01:11:34 PM

One of the things that HAS to happen is Cersei’s prophecy.  Jamie or Tyrion has to strangle her at some point.

The prophecy refers to the "hands of the valonqar [little brother]".  "Hands" plural, and "the" little brother, not "your" little brother.

Tyrion's hands aren't big enough (unless he somehow uses that same "hand necklace" he used to strangle Shae), and Jaime only has one hand.

Euron has two hands, is very capable of using them to strangle Cersei, and is Balon's little brother.  My other top pick for the valonqar is the Hound, for similar reasons.

I'm fairly sure the book plan is for Jamie is to kill Cersei with the Hand's chain, like Tyrion killed Shae.

Seems very likely TV Jamie is going to kill TV Cersei, though the valonqar is not a TV thing.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #6270 on: May 11, 2019, 04:19:30 PM

What if tyrion and jamie each use one hand and use the hand chain. Three hands.   awesome, for real

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6271 on: May 12, 2019, 05:46:05 PM

Fantasy GoT Scores update for those following along at home:

Phildo - 650
Soln - 510
Rendakor - 480
Cyrrex - 460
MahrinSkel - 345
Teleku - 340
Strazos - 260
Samwise - 230

There are so many dead characters at this point that anything can happen! And the winner of this will make at least half as much sense as whoever ends up on the Iron Throne...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 06:29:42 PM by schild »

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6272 on: May 12, 2019, 07:30:41 PM

Well that was gratuitous and fuckstupid. Jesus Christ.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #6273 on: May 12, 2019, 07:33:29 PM

A sad job selling us on a Mad Queen, no wonder the actress was mocking the final season.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6274 on: May 12, 2019, 07:37:51 PM

So in one episode, they are reloading and firing in like 2 seconds. And in the next episode they can’t even get a single shot off that lands?

One more episode then I can stop ever having to think about this garbage.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6275 on: May 12, 2019, 07:45:57 PM

I'm back on Team Stannis.

I am the .00000001428%
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6276 on: May 12, 2019, 07:49:55 PM

Well that was gratuitous and fuckstupid. Jesus Christ.

Yup.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6277 on: May 12, 2019, 08:01:45 PM

Fitting that this is mother's day, i bet there's a lot of morons regretting naming their kid Khaleesi right about now.

I am the .00000001428%
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6278 on: May 12, 2019, 08:45:34 PM

Mad Queen Dany as predicted. I was a bit bummed that Cersei got such an easy way out. I did like Arya and the Hound's arc in this episode and that beautiful final shot of Arya on the pale horse was some damn foreshadowing if I've ever seen it.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6279 on: May 12, 2019, 08:52:44 PM

They are telegraphing Arya to kill Dany from a mile away. Or maybe a tag team of Jon and Arya. Any pretense of subtlety or surprise is fucking gone, in favor of 30 minutes plus of DRAGONRAAAAWWWRRRRFIREGUD!!!!!

Clegane Bowl did not disappoint, however.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6280 on: May 12, 2019, 08:57:41 PM

They are telegraphing Arya to kill Dany from a mile away. Or maybe a tag team of Jon and Arya. Any pretense of subtlety or surprise is fucking gone, in favor of 30 minutes plus of DRAGONRAAAAWWWRRRRFIREGUD!!!!!

Clegane Bowl did not disappoint, however.

The short season is causing lots of rushed storytelling. I'm not sure Jon will be able to bring himself to kill Dany. Then again Dany did say "Jon Snow betrayed me." So she may be ready to execute Jon and Tyrion next episode and Arya will have to step in.

Still leaves me to wonder what the hell happens to Drogon though. Even if they kill Dany there's still a dragon and the only Scorpion that may exist is under the red keep. (the one Clyburn used for his demo to Cersei.)

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6281 on: May 12, 2019, 09:20:33 PM

Arya did not seem in character.  She has been focused on revenge for her father since he was beheaded.  For her to go through all she went through, get to the end, and then in a few seconds get turned around by the Hound of all people.  Did not seem right.
WayAbvPar

Reply #6282 on: May 12, 2019, 09:57:03 PM

Did not enjoy. Actually relishing seeing the end of this nonsense at this point.

If Varys betrayed Dany in Season 3, it would have been a season long arc with her killing him at the end. In this bullshit season we get 2 or 3 scenes.

I did like Euron's joy in being the man to kill Jaime Lannister. He was bugfuck and bloodthirsty to the end.

Speaking of Jaime...he must have gotten several blood transfusions and some major surgery offscreen, because he was mobile a fuckton longer than anyone who had a dagger buried in their torso TWICE should ever be. I hope he and Cersei somehow survive the collapse just to finish off the idiocy.

Liked Arya calling the Hound by his first name. Liked The Mountain being completely, terriyingly silent. Was hoping The Hound would prevail, but he at least he got what he wanted.

I hope Jon Snow realizes Dany has to die, but can't bring himself to do it...as he agonizes over it, Arya appears and cuts Dany's throat: roll credits. That might be the only way to save what is left of the show's dignity.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #6283 on: May 12, 2019, 10:03:42 PM

Rocks fall, but did everyone die?  it's open to plot writing whether Cersei or Euron are dead.  Jaime should have died from at least two mortal wounds. whereas Euron has a (plot inflicted) gut wound.  Those are fatal but notoriously slow.  He can still kill her if the collapse (and showrunners) didn't.

Arya is probably killing Dany.  I agree that it is rushed, but not out of character.  I would expect Jon kills Grey Wurm, is fucked up but Arya ninjas Dany.  If they don't do some stupid "Dany turns into a dragon" shit.

Cleganebowl was ok.  Killing his brother with fire is somehow fitting.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
schild
Administrator

Reply #6284 on: May 12, 2019, 10:15:21 PM

There's garbage and there's whatever is below garbage and then there's Game of Thrones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #6285 on: May 12, 2019, 10:17:01 PM

Yeah it is really staggering to the finish line, pants full and dripping.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #6286 on: May 12, 2019, 10:54:25 PM

I was a bit bummed that Cersei got such an easy way out.

Fuck you too, buddy! :p

Edit: I haven't seen the episode and not sure I care enough to do by now.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 11:04:08 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #6287 on: May 12, 2019, 11:21:00 PM

A sad job selling us on a Mad Queen, no wonder the actress was mocking the final season.

They are all mocking the final season. The post GoT interviews by the cast have not been kind to both the final season and the showrunners.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #6288 on: May 12, 2019, 11:30:34 PM

What the fuck was that? Do Benioff and Weiss hate working on the show that much? Apart from the Clegane fight that was utter junk from start to finish. And I don't even try to assign motivations for any character, because character development doesn't mean shit anymore.

They achieved the impossible. I'm glad the show is done after next week.

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #6289 on: May 13, 2019, 04:19:57 AM

At least they didn't fuck up Cleganebowl.  I liked Arya actually taking the Hounds advice, it was a great moment.

Dany's fuckstupid Mad Queen has almost ruined the entire show in retrospect though.  I'm so glad this is ending.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #6290 on: May 13, 2019, 04:46:16 AM

The Cleganes was shit. Just fan service and did nothing to finish Sandor's arc. It served no real purpose.

Varys' storyline was also shit, as was Tirion's. Again, it served no purpose as Jon and Tyrion seem to have become totally inept at understanding anything compared to their earlier characters.

A piss poor effort all round, the theories generated in forums etc had more depth than this shitty conclusion.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6291 on: May 13, 2019, 05:14:46 AM

Talking about this on Facebook, I mentioned that Dany had been telegraphed to go mad queen since season 7. To my surprise, one of the replies I got said "No, she's been telegraphed to go Mad Queen for years. Her first instinct is burn and slaughter but Jorah or Missandei talk her down everytime. They're gone now, that's why she finally let loose."

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out next episode. Just for shits and giggles my broad stroke predictions:

Arya kills Dany.
Somehow they take out Drogon or he flies off and terrorizes the countryside for years to come.
Jon banishes himself to the Far North.
The kingdoms splinter as they were pre-Targayren.
Sansa rules an independent North.
Tyrion returns to Casterly Rock and rules over what is left of it.
Gendry stays in the North since his only claim to Storms End is from a mad Targayren.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6292 on: May 13, 2019, 05:33:49 AM

Arya did not seem in character.  She has been focused on revenge for her father since he was beheaded.  For her to go through all she went through, get to the end, and then in a few seconds get turned around by the Hound of all people.  Did not seem right.

Part of it was that Cersei had already lost and the damn castle was crumbling on top of them. She didn't just give up on revenge, she saw the pointlessness of pushing on under current circumstances.

I am the .00000001428%
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #6293 on: May 13, 2019, 06:10:12 AM

So what's going to happen to all those Dothraki and Unsullied if Dany dies? (especially if she gets ganked by a Stark)
schild
Administrator

Reply #6294 on: May 13, 2019, 06:23:32 AM

They're gonna be really upset when Jon rides in on a bran dragon and burns them while dany gets her face stabbed in by Arya.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6295 on: May 13, 2019, 06:30:01 AM

So what's going to happen to all those Dothraki and Unsullied if Dany dies? (especially if she gets ganked by a Stark)

I'd think either the Northmen and Unsullied and Dothraki turn on each other or they disband and become mercs and bandits and such.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #6296 on: May 13, 2019, 06:43:55 AM

That was a pretty good episode of a TV show.

Thoughts and prayers to you all.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6297 on: May 13, 2019, 06:50:31 AM

They will magically turn weak enough to easily defeat.

I am the .00000001428%
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6298 on: May 13, 2019, 07:28:36 AM

Considering they only lost half their forces at Winterfell, they'll probably overrun Westeros regardless of what happens to Dany.  Maybe they'll recover some of the Scorpions and take the Iron Islands, too.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #6299 on: May 13, 2019, 07:42:40 AM

They have 79 minutes left to wrap things up, chances are there'll be a lot of open threads left because nothing except a giant meteor striking Westeros will help at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: