Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:27:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1116149 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4060 on: April 23, 2016, 06:15:46 AM

Yeah, I'm assuming everybody got 4 picks, which means he's done.  While his the roster is pretty bleak, he got "The Old Gods", and depending on how the story turns, that could be wildly successful in terms of kills.   awesome, for real

Its a fun distraction and not serious, but I sort of wish they had just stuck to specific characters and avoided the general ones, like "While Walkers" or "Dragons".  I mean, the White Walkers can potentially kill thousands of people this season if shit goes south, and one of the dragons may just burn a whole city and/or army to cinder.  How the hell do you score that?

But regardless, the league will add some extra comedy to the thread as we watch this season.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4061 on: April 23, 2016, 06:21:33 AM

Ahh I thought there was another round worth of picks.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4062 on: April 23, 2016, 06:22:00 AM

My biggest question is; do peasants count as red shirts, or just Unsullied/ guards. Because the Sons of the Harpy could have been a very strong pick based on that alone.

Oh; point assignment was asked about earlier. Since GoT is one of the sponsored shows, Fantasizr will assign points so no bitching at Viin about it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4063 on: April 23, 2016, 06:26:47 AM

Yeah, I'm assuming everybody got 4 picks, which means he's done.  While his the roster is pretty bleak, he got "The Old Gods", and depending on how the story turns, that could be wildly successful in terms of kills.   awesome, for real

Its a fun distraction and not serious, but I sort of wish they had just stuck to specific characters and avoided the general ones, like "While Walkers" or "Dragons".  I mean, the White Walkers can potentially kill thousands of people this season if shit goes south, and one of the dragons may just burn a whole city and/or army to cinder.  How the hell do you score that?

But regardless, the league will add some extra comedy to the thread as we watch this season.
Bolded bit is why they were my first pick. why so serious?
My biggest question is; do peasants count as red shirts, or just Unsullied/ guards. Because the Sons of the Harpy could have been a very strong pick based on that alone.

Oh; point assignment was asked about earlier. Since GoT is one of the sponsored shows, Fantasizr will assign points so no bitching at Viin about it.
Good to hear that the scoring is automatic!

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4064 on: April 23, 2016, 06:49:23 AM

Well, the one way that might come back against you is if they decide to only count specific one on one kills.  Like, I can easily see a scene where there's just some guards standing picket outside, hear a noise, and get hilariously killed by white walkers as they storm the city.  Next scene later you see that they slaughtered the city, but you only get points for two red shirt kills because everything else happened off screen.  As I recall (it's been awhile), that's how the slaughter on the Fist of the First Men went as well.  Didn't actually show much killing on screen.

Still a very strong pick regardless though, haha.

Edit:  Also, for auto drafting your last pick, The High Sparrow is not a bad throw away.  He has potential for mayhem this season.

Also, now that I am no longer drunk at 2 AM, changed my team name to the slightly more creative "Gods Perfect Hodor".  Also changed my name to Teleku in league.  If any of you are interested, at the very top right of the page, you should see your name (and facebook portrait if you used that to sign up).  If you hover your mouse over it, a drop down menu with the option for settings will appear.  Under settings, you can edit your name as it appears in the league, if you don't wish to give away your real life name to this forum filled with stalkers and psychopaths.   awesome, for real
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 06:57:37 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4065 on: April 23, 2016, 11:02:24 AM

I was leery of the special team picks because they had an asterisk but it never had an explanation of it. They also warned you off of having more than one. There have to be special scoring rules for them but I haven't found it.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4066 on: April 23, 2016, 11:27:56 AM

Sorry all about the Autodraft thing, I swear I had set both it and a different draft order, no idea what happened.  Anyway, karma paid me back nicely, as I got Allister Thorne as my best pick....dude never fights, made a vow not to have sex, and is usually only the butt of witty comments.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4067 on: April 23, 2016, 12:31:37 PM

Well, the one way that might come back against you is if they decide to only count specific one on one kills.  Like, I can easily see a scene where there's just some guards standing picket outside, hear a noise, and get hilariously killed by white walkers as they storm the city.  Next scene later you see that they slaughtered the city, but you only get points for two red shirt kills because everything else happened off screen.  As I recall (it's been awhile), that's how the slaughter on the Fist of the First Men went as well.  Didn't actually show much killing on screen.

Still a very strong pick regardless though, haha.

Edit:  Also, for auto drafting your last pick, The High Sparrow is not a bad throw away.  He has potential for mayhem this season.

Also, now that I am no longer drunk at 2 AM, changed my team name to the slightly more creative "Gods Perfect Hodor".  Also changed my name to Teleku in league.  If any of you are interested, at the very top right of the page, you should see your name (and facebook portrait if you used that to sign up).  If you hover your mouse over it, a drop down menu with the option for settings will appear.  Under settings, you can edit your name as it appears in the league, if you don't wish to give away your real life name to this forum filled with stalkers and psychopaths.   awesome, for real
There are points for sackig cities too, so I'm not worried. awesome, for real

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #4068 on: April 23, 2016, 12:46:07 PM

For having 14th place I did ok with Baelish, but Sansa is a little iffy. Likely to be on screen but not many points.

2nd and 3rd picks are Sam (could be amazing or horribly bad) and Missandei, who I just want to see naked.

- Viin
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4069 on: April 23, 2016, 04:49:33 PM

I forgot that Theon already escaped Ramsay when I ranked him so high. He would have gotten me a ton of points for watching people having sex in previous seasons :(

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #4070 on: April 24, 2016, 06:59:07 PM

Not many points for anyone that episode. Old tits negate young tits even for the Red Woman.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4071 on: April 24, 2016, 07:03:42 PM

Woo big B.  

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4072 on: April 24, 2016, 07:04:36 PM

The most important kill on this episode was my boner.

I am the .00000001428%
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #4073 on: April 24, 2016, 07:07:43 PM

Every time I see this thread updated I keep thinking there is actual GoT discussion going on.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #4074 on: April 24, 2016, 07:17:08 PM

The most important kill on this episode was my boner.

Heartbreak
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4075 on: April 24, 2016, 07:20:31 PM

I scored points for that last scene.

And I am not celebrating. ACK!

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4076 on: April 24, 2016, 07:35:29 PM

Is it me or are the points not updated on the site yet?

I got fuckall; maybe a few Wit points for Ramsey but that's about it.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4077 on: April 24, 2016, 07:58:36 PM

Is it me or are the points not updated on the site yet?

I got fuckall; maybe a few Wit points for Ramsey but that's about it.

I would guess that the person who is calculating the points need to re-watch the show to make sure they got everything. Plus, I am not sure it has aired everywhere yet?

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4078 on: April 24, 2016, 08:05:39 PM

Ok, just making sure.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4079 on: April 24, 2016, 08:49:12 PM

Every time I see this thread updated I keep thinking there is actual GoT discussion going on.

I was waiting for actual discussion until after it's aired on the West coast. Plus the episode was a little slow, lots of set-up. The biggest thing to happen was my spoiler above and even THAT was just set-up.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #4080 on: April 24, 2016, 11:16:26 PM

With all the buildup of Dorne in the books and the Martells... that was it?

I bought maybe 1/3 of the script and the rest was pretty much filler.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4081 on: April 25, 2016, 03:10:16 AM

Re: Dorne

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4082 on: April 25, 2016, 04:03:38 AM

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 04:05:10 AM by Teleku »

-Stephen Colbert
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #4083 on: April 25, 2016, 04:43:22 AM

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4084 on: April 25, 2016, 04:44:07 AM

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4085 on: April 25, 2016, 05:49:51 AM

Yeah, that part with the prince was a bit jarring.  As far as I knew, he went back with them on the ship to kings landing.  So... they magically teleported there and walked onto the ship without any issues somehow.

-Stephen Colbert
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #4086 on: April 25, 2016, 08:15:12 AM

Bronn, Varys, Grey Worm, and Rickon Stark.

I lose.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4087 on: April 25, 2016, 08:22:28 AM

Those are all actually pretty good contenders for body count points, except Varys (though if he does kill somebody, the potential is be a big point earner).  And then, you get points for witty comments, so he should be good there.

Well, also requires Rickon to return this season, heh.

-Stephen Colbert
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #4088 on: April 25, 2016, 08:26:56 AM

Yeah Bronn has potential for just about anything...Grey Worm can maybe give some oral to hottie...They are still alive right? IDK even know who Rickon is...lol

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4089 on: April 25, 2016, 08:29:54 AM

Oh, and points have updated.  Though its only the overall score, and the break down of what you got the points for isn't filled in yet, oddly.  ‘All Dies must Men’ and ‘A Feast for Chimps’ in the lead with 55 points each!

'Kahl Drogo's Vacant Stare' in last place with -10.   awesome, for real

-Stephen Colbert
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4090 on: April 25, 2016, 08:30:35 AM

I just need Jon Snow to hurry up and get alive so I can actually score some points.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4091 on: April 25, 2016, 08:57:35 AM

They have breakdowns of points in the Stats tab for each individual character, they just don't show up on your team. I wonder if we'll get anything more specific than that.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4092 on: April 25, 2016, 10:20:40 AM

They're updating over time. I just checked and had a breakdown for all my teams. As expected Brienne was all my points.  They haven't updated the Martells as far as I can see.

Wife took the lead in our league. She took all the sand snakes and elllaria. Damnit.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #4093 on: April 25, 2016, 10:41:08 AM

Takes awhile for the points to come in:

1.    All Dies must Men                        55
2.    A Feast for Chimps                      55
3.    Coming, Winter Is                       45
4.    Traitors always prosper                38
5.    A Team of Sleet and Mild Heat     15

Everyone else has 5 pts or less (or even LESS).

The person running the scoring has a blog post that goes over her scoring:
http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/25/11501868/game-of-thrones-recap-season-6-episode-1-the-red-woman
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 10:43:51 AM by Viin »

- Viin
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4094 on: April 25, 2016, 10:45:55 AM

Oh man, I got a -5 for looks on Mellisandre!

Not that I should complain as she got me 45 points total.

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: