Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:18:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1114268 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5705 on: January 14, 2019, 06:38:37 AM

Don't worry, we get to complain about the prequel later on.

And then probably in the nursing home a few of us will get a shot to complain about the reboot and about the ghostwritten version of the concluding books.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #5706 on: January 14, 2019, 06:45:08 AM

Current writing levels insures I'm not going to watch the prequel until GRRM finishes the book series.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #5707 on: January 14, 2019, 07:30:15 AM

At least whoever is making the prequels knows from the start they are going in blind instead of signing up to do an adaptation that ended up being fan fiction.

I am the .00000001428%
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5708 on: January 14, 2019, 08:05:29 AM

Kind of. Martin actually HAS written some prequel stuff now in three books, so there's a bit of guidance from the Official Author.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #5709 on: January 14, 2019, 08:20:29 AM

Final season of 'f13 complains about Game of Thrones' starts April 14.

There is a teaser trailer of Starks wearing big coats that I can't be arsed to link.
You mean final season of F13 GoT Fantasy League!

Because really, I'm looking forward to that more than anything.  I can't imagine a show any time soon that will replace this as perfect for a TV series fantasy draft.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #5710 on: January 14, 2019, 08:35:57 AM

Final season of 'f13 complains about Game of Thrones' starts April 14.

There is a teaser trailer of Starks wearing big coats that I can't be arsed to link.

Well, luckily you guys have me.

New Trailer:

Game of Thrones | Season 8 | Official Tease: Crypts of Winterfell (HBO)

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5711 on: January 14, 2019, 08:46:38 AM

Considering where they seem to be in that shot, it may turn out that having a crypt underneath your castle is a bit of a disadvantage when you're fighting zombies.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5712 on: January 14, 2019, 11:59:00 AM

awesome, for real

Curious whether that sequence is actually in the show or if it was made solely for teaser purposes.  If it's from the show it's got to be a Bran dream.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5713 on: January 14, 2019, 02:18:51 PM

Current writing levels insures I'm not going to watch the prequel until GRRM finishes the book series.

So, never then? I doubt the man will finish the next book, let alone the series.

awesome, for real

Curious whether that sequence is actually in the show or if it was made solely for teaser purposes.  If it's from the show it's got to be a Bran dream.

I heard it was just for the teasers. Some people freaked out that the statues hinted they'd be dying but Sophie Turner said it was just for a commercial and she took one home to put in her garden.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5714 on: January 15, 2019, 12:52:16 AM

If you want to go all in on statue analysis, Jon's and Sansa's could be older versions of each, whereas Arya not so much.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #5715 on: January 15, 2019, 01:34:44 AM

Maisie Williams is almost 22.  She's not getting any bigger than that.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #5716 on: March 05, 2019, 09:47:48 AM

Season 8 trailer out now.

ahhhhhhh yes.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #5717 on: March 05, 2019, 10:38:09 AM

Rewatching the whole series, and Hound/Arya roadtrip is still gold:  "I understand that if any more words come pouring out your cunt mouth, I'm gonna have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5718 on: March 05, 2019, 11:34:35 AM

Rewatching the whole series, and Hound/Arya roadtrip is still gold:  "I understand that if any more words come pouring out your cunt mouth, I'm gonna have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

It's one of my favorite parts of the series. And that line is probably my favorite line in the entire series. I'd seriously watch a spin off that is just those two traveling the country side and fucking people up when they get irritated with them.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5719 on: March 05, 2019, 01:22:04 PM

Was just rewatching that scene. It really is one of the top five best moments in the whole series, and a good example of how the showrunners working with the actors revised Martin's original storytelling for the better WHEN they had a complete story rather than an outline to work with. Once it was outline only, they did some dumb as fuck stuff, so now Martin if he ever writes the books will be able to return the favor by revising the show's mistakes.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5720 on: March 05, 2019, 02:41:44 PM

I don’t think GRRM will ever finish with his pace/age/physical condition.  The show will likely be our only ending.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5721 on: March 05, 2019, 07:31:49 PM

I don’t think GRRM will ever finish with his pace/age/physical condition.  The show will likely be our only ending.

I'll go further. I doubt we'll even get the next book in the series. Between his age and what seems to be him finding any excuse he can to do anything other than write this book it's just not happening.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5722 on: March 05, 2019, 07:38:31 PM

Eh, someone will write them eventually. They'll have the chance to edit/improve.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #5723 on: March 05, 2019, 07:39:05 PM

Once it was outline only, they did some dumb as fuck stuff, so now Martin if he ever writes the books will be able to return the favor by revising the show's mistakes.

It’s not all dire.  I hope the Brienne/Tormond stuff gets written in, I do love those bits.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #5724 on: March 05, 2019, 08:34:48 PM

The show certainly got worst after they had to wing it, but even then, the best form of this story is some blend of the books and TV.  Even in the later seasons fixed some silly shit Martin did.

He may die off before finishing the next book, but I think he has written a giant tome of pages for it already.  If he were to croak today, Sanderson would basically just walk in, edit that pile into something coherent, then take what ever little bits are left along with any notes Martin might have given, and make a final book blending that with how the show ended.  Doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

-Stephen Colbert
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5725 on: March 05, 2019, 09:51:59 PM

The show certainly got worst after they had to wing it, but even then, the best form of this story is some blend of the books and TV.  Even in the later seasons fixed some silly shit Martin did.

Yeah, even when they still had actual books to work off of it wasn't exactly high quality product. We're lucky we didn't end up with a season of Tyrion doing nothing but asking "Where do the whores go?". The story seems to have gotten away from GRRM and it's an unenviable task the HBO folks have had trying to rein it in so they can get it across the finish line. They've been a bit sloppy with it at times, almost getting to Walking Dead levels of characters making bad decisions to advance the story, but even if GRRM manages to finish the last two books (he won't) I wouldn't expect them to be particularly good.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5726 on: March 05, 2019, 10:52:14 PM

this is an entertaining show

but in fifteen years i'll still tell people to watch x-files
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5727 on: March 06, 2019, 05:11:51 AM

this is an entertaining show

but in fifteen years i'll still tell people to watch x-files

Hmmm.

As someone who re-watched xfiles a few years ago with the exception of the last season and a half I'll have to agree.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5728 on: March 06, 2019, 05:17:30 AM

I'm probably the only person on this board who never watched X-Files.  Not really sure why.  There, just outed myself.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5729 on: March 06, 2019, 06:18:21 AM

I've never watched all of X-Files either. I'd seen a few episodes when I was younger; tried to watch the whole thing and got somewhere into the second season before giving up. I've debated trying to just watch the mytharc episodes but haven't gotten around to it.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5730 on: March 06, 2019, 07:33:28 AM

Same, I've also never seen the entire X-Files.  Only a handful of episodes.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5731 on: March 06, 2019, 07:51:06 AM

Heathens.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #5732 on: March 06, 2019, 07:56:31 AM

I just want Game of Thrones to be done. The trailer didn't really get any excitement going, I think it's just too long in between seasons recently with too little substance in each one.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5733 on: March 06, 2019, 03:21:22 PM

I'm probably the only person on this board who never watched X-Files.  Not really sure why.  There, just outed myself.

I only just started watching it a few weeks ago at schild's suggestion. I've stalled out a bit early into season 2, but so far I'm going to say you're fine.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5734 on: March 06, 2019, 10:42:35 PM

I only just started watching it a few weeks ago at schild's suggestion. I've stalled out a bit early into season 2, but so far I'm going to say you're fine.

I tried really hard to watch the X-files on Netflix. I figured my love of stuff like Twin Peaks would make it a no-brainer but I don't think I even got past season 2 either.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5735 on: March 06, 2019, 10:49:00 PM

That's too bad cause seasons 3 and 4 were the best.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5736 on: March 06, 2019, 11:01:19 PM

But is it fun?
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #5737 on: March 07, 2019, 06:05:35 AM

sb.exe

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5738 on: March 08, 2019, 07:10:17 AM

You could also skip the monster of the week episodes (you shouldn't) if you just want the conspiracy episodes.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5739 on: March 08, 2019, 08:15:58 AM

You could also skip the monster of the week episodes (you shouldn't) if you just want the conspiracy episodes.

The MOW stuff at least has a conclusion to the story at the end of the episode usually. The conspiracy stuff I've seen so far ends with them almost getting some evidence and then having it taken away like the conspiracy is being run by Belloq. And Mulder will mention how he has to know what happened to his sister. Then I think about how nothing will actually get resolved for several more seasons and that if I felt like getting strung along by bullshit with no satisfying answers I'd have watched Lost which has about half the number of episodes.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: