Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 04:00:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 7-Eleven street date broken 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 7-Eleven street date broken  (Read 3133 times)
RUiN 427
Terracotta Army

on: November 12, 2008, 09:54:17 AM

This isn't news but I did attempt to score a copy today on my way to work form 3 stores. I was hoping to get my hands on it so i could install and log in at 10pm PST instead of midnight. All 3 were failed attempts. The closest was an old asian guy who spoke no english and almost handed over the game when the younger lady behind the counter stopped him and explained not till tomorrow.

Anyone else get lucky with this, or have any funny stories attempting?

"There's been no energy reading of any sort on Cybertron for the past seven hundred or so stellar-cycles."
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 10:32:38 AM

I JUST got back from going to the bank and there's a 7-11 next door.  They didn't have it yet, the guy behind the counter was clueless and I would of gotten one if he had them.  He even followed me outside where there was a listing of release dates for video games and it just said "November".
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 04:15:40 PM

I don't want to make a new thread, so I ask here.

Is there another month of subscription time included in WoL ? Or do I have to activate my account first,  if/when I get my hands on a key ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 04:16:43 PM

I have no idea, but I assume you would have to activate again?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 05:54:28 PM

EB is making us go to some stupid midnight release tonight if we want to get the boxes hot from the storeroom.

Because I'm an idiot and taking tomorrow off work I guess I'll be there tonight and feeling dumb awesome, for real
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 05:56:26 PM

I don't want to make a new thread, so I ask here.

Is there another month of subscription time included in WoL ? Or do I have to activate my account first,  if/when I get my hands on a key ?

I'm pretty sure its just an expansion with no free time with a key that has to be activated against an active account
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 07:05:30 PM

Sadly, my local 7-Elevens are staffed with people smart enough not to sell it today (and stupid enough to think I would believe their lies that it hasn't physically arrived yet).  So I guess I'm going to GameStop at midnight.  Was hoping to get a couple hours while there was little to no crush in the new zones.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 02:47:33 AM

Front page of BBC online - pictures of fuckwits fans doing cosplay at midnight event.

Costumed geeks and freaks - giving the rest of us a bad name since 1384.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 7-Eleven street date broken  
Jump to: