Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 04:33:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Free pvp gear bug 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free pvp gear bug  (Read 2562 times)
RUiN 427
Terracotta Army

on: November 11, 2008, 11:22:57 PM

Apparently the mail fix broke the pvp gear vendors, various items have had rating requirements removed or added. All warlock and priest S2 gear is totally free. S4 rings and stuff are free as well as the brutal 1h axe.

tons of people are flooding the vendors and shouting in chat, I smell a roll back incoming. It bums me out because i actually wanted to accomplish a few things before midnight tomorrow night.

what do you think they will do?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 04:20:09 AM by Ookii »

"There's been no energy reading of any sort on Cybertron for the past seven hundred or so stellar-cycles."
Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 12:23:40 AM

A) get pissed at the players and roll back everything to the last restore.
B) get pissed at the players, and rollback any of the specific impacted items that appeared since the last backup.
C) get pissed at the players, privately, and kill the requirements for all seasons and all gear.

Consideration of your customer suggests C, new live team boss getting caught out in public suggests A.  They probably won't deal with it for a few hours, until it has really gotten everywhere, because anyone who knew anything spent the last 12 hours trying to rebuild their service.

XPac comes in a day, the PvP gear will be replaced in a few levels; option C should be what they do because it is cheapest to provide CS for.  Those who 'earned' their gear will still have that gear, and will get the new gear before anyone else at 80 anyway.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 12:24:25 AM

Fire and rehire with a minimum requirement listed as competency?

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 12:38:24 AM

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like this happened at some point before, and they just deleted all of the gear people purchased between certain times and matching a certain description.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:51:45 AM by Azaroth »

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 01:23:47 AM

Either the gear will be gone in a day or two, or they just won't care since it'll be out of date anyways.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 03:52:52 AM

All servers down for urgent maintenance and removing the gear..   Bye bye free pvp gear.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Free pvp gear bug  
Jump to: