Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 10:09:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Server up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Server up  (Read 8390 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

on: November 11, 2008, 02:51:18 PM

At least it's letting me download the new client...

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 02:56:25 PM

Sneaky bastards! I came into the office for a flu shot and to work the last couple of hours- I would have stayed home and snuck in a bit of EVE had I known they would be early.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 03:11:19 PM

Server up  awesome, for real
It'll never let me connect, though.  This happens every time  Ohhhhh, I see.
Hey it did let me connect!  Downloading and installing patch    awesome, for real
Aw feck, incompatible build instead of incompatible release  swamp poop
Still, I'm patched ready to get in there and move the Groundskeeper into ZS-2 gogogo  awesome, for real
Wtf, corrupt build?  Manually patch?  ACK!

It's an emotional rollercoaster itt

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 03:16:13 PM

Mine won't get past the dx9 stuff, I even downloaded the patch from eve-o and it gives me the same error.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 03:31:08 PM

Aand I'm in.  Mokis download went off without a hitch, so I just copypastad his eve folder and Viola!
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 03:31:51 PM

You guys have about 75 minutes to get everything working for me! If it is fucked up when I get home I shall be very cross.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 03:41:34 PM

Timers on your module cycles is just so win.  Knowing exactly when my strip miners are going to go off just by glancing.... Heart Heart Heart

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 03:43:39 PM

Wow, that /is/ awesome. Thanks, CCP!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 04:26:06 PM

Downloaded the patch using the in-game method first. Got a "Verification error". Rebooted, but now I only get a flicker of the splash screen and squat else. Finally, it started to feel like patchday.

Downloaded it from eve-o and patched a second client on a different hard drive. We have lift-off now.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 04:32:38 PM

I'm in

Witty banter not included.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 04:41:15 PM

Timers on your module cycles is just so win.  Knowing exactly when my strip miners are going to go off just by glancing.... Heart Heart Heart

Yeh its a nice touch I been trying this out on SISI for the last while, DL'ing client now.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 06:15:59 PM

So I was playing with the certs.  Open up, click everything that works.  Yeah, you know why I am not an elite armor tanker?  (Every armor tank related skill is maxed)Because I do not have enough shield tanking trained.  I laughed and closed certs, possibly for the last time. 

Watch out bitches, I am coming for you in my shield tanking harbinger.

Oh, and my non speed inty still does over 4k

PS, fuck yeah, Amarr gates!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 07:01:52 PM by Pezzle »
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 06:39:56 PM

OH GOD MY SPEED  ACK! Tantrum

Weapon grouping is pretty rad though.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 08:16:53 PM

Weapon grouping is pretty rad though.

Weapon grouping does look interesting - I found it interesting that they actually make it one big weapon and shoot on actual shot at a time (but with more damage per shot for the number of modules). I guess it makes sense, and should reduce lag if folks start using it, but seems kinda a round-about way to do it.

- Viin
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 01:14:58 AM

It's not only the simultanous firing that reduces the load, much rather the reloading of ammo in space.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 01:30:25 AM

Patch fucked me up. The client won't even start.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 01:36:35 AM

Patch fucked me up. The client won't even start.

:ccp:

Twitter - Endieposts

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 01:52:00 AM

I was fine last night when the server first came up but now I'm stuck logging in and according to the forums I'm not alone.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 01:59:15 AM

I just reinstalled the client, now it works.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 02:28:08 AM

I won't get to download till later tonight, so I just wanna know one thing... how are missiles???

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 04:23:57 AM

CAn anyone get evemon to work since the patch? 

Keeps saying my api keys are invalid.   I even tried generating a new one.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 05:28:55 AM

They always turn off the API functionality after the patches.  I'd normally expect it to be back very late tonight, or tomorrow.

Twitter - Endieposts

Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 05:32:13 AM

I don't use API on Evemon but neither of my Eve iPhone apps (both of which use API's) are working so I guess it's not just you smiley
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 06:20:06 AM

I went out roaming last night with a gang of fast ships and it was really stable feeling. I must admit they did a good job balancing the speed in the end though the initial SISI rollout was turd and I'm quite happy with how things feel thus far. The inty felt even more responsive in ways and being slower more controllable, I wasn't gettting as many mini lag spikes when engaging I used to get a lot of them even in small gangs.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 08:38:12 AM

Also if anyone wants EFT to show the new changes it's quite simple go to your EFT folder find a folder called "Data_SpeedPatch" and rename it to" data". There's a folder called data already in there so you might want to rename that first, anyway there ya go.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 08:54:24 AM

Also if anyone wants EFT to show the new changes it's quite simple go to your EFT folder find a folder called "Data_SpeedPatch" and rename it to" data". There's a folder called data already in there so you might want to rename that first, anyway there ya go.

Assuming, of course, that you downloaded that patch since the EFT author updated following the final version on Sisi.  Which version of the dataset contains the correct speed patch data?  My last version is a few weeks old and certainly has incorrect missile data, from a glance.

Twitter - Endieposts

WayAbvPar

Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 09:35:51 AM

I was fine last night when the server first came up but now I'm stuck logging in and according to the forums I'm not alone.

I was playing for a bit, but getting weird lag spikes/synch problems. I tried to restart, and I am not able to get past "entering game as". Is that where you are getting stuck too?

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 10:07:51 AM

Yes I assumed most people would have it here's the link it's 2.8.1 http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=548883

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 10:15:43 AM

Assuming, of course, that you downloaded that patch since the EFT author updated following the final version on Sisi.  Which version of the dataset contains the correct speed patch data?  My last version is a few weeks old and certainly has incorrect missile data, from a glance.

Actually the last version mightn't have up to date missile changes cause they've been tweaked a lot lately you'll have to wait for that.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 10:35:16 AM

I was playing for a bit, but getting weird lag spikes/synch problems. I tried to restart, and I am not able to get past "entering game as". Is that where you are getting stuck too?
Yup, it was just hanging there forever. It seemed to be fixed after downtime though at least for me.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 02:11:24 PM

Lasers + Weapon Grouping = Splenda

That is all.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 02:19:11 PM

I'm back training lasers I hated reloading the friggin ammo over and over.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 02:37:55 PM

I have no idea how anyone in 0.0 puts up with all that ammo bullshit.

And ten seconds to adjust optimal range - wtf?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 03:33:57 PM

You can never change ammo midfight and expect to survive or at least if you think you can you're doing it wrong.

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 03:43:33 PM

Yes I assumed most people would have it here's the link it's 2.8.1 http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=548883

It's way out of date.  Locus rigs still unerfed etc.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Server up  
Jump to: