Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:33:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Brazil 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brazil  (Read 3450 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: November 10, 2008, 11:06:55 PM

I just saw this for the first time.  It was pretty awesome.  Robert De Niro as a rogue HVAC repairman is just  Heart.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:23:28 AM

Man, thanks for the reminder on a great flick. I haven't seen this movie in years, I need to put it on my x-mas list. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 10:39:08 AM

Brazil's greatness, for me, comes from doing away with the typical Hollywood dystopian future horseshit of "a single man can change the world", and instead delivers the cold honest truth.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 10:44:05 AM

Definitely an awesome film. Did you know there are two endings? One is the original, that makes this film a great tragedy, the other, is the producers chopping in a happy ending.(as well as other scenes getting changed) I hope you all have seen the original cut.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 11:05:52 AM

What's interesting is that the ending changes from sad to happy just by removing the last minute of the film.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 01:50:19 PM

The Criterion box set is great for geeking out on everything about the film.  It's unfortunate that "troubled productions" would become such a Gilliam landmark.  A wonder he makes anything, honestly.  Add on the failure of Don Quixote and the rush job on Brothers Grimm, and he's never really had a chance to make the film he's capable of since Brazil.   Of course, taking only foreign money and insisting on final cut will do that to you.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 05:54:22 PM

Tagline: It's only a state of mind.

Edit: oops, forgot the movie poster.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 05:58:51 PM by Grand Design »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Brazil  
Jump to: