Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: WTB Horrible Explantions and RR Titles for 81-100 pst 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTB Horrible Explantions and RR Titles for 81-100 pst  (Read 5496 times)
schild
Administrator

on: November 07, 2008, 10:38:49 AM

Seriously.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=430

Rehosted in case they fix it:

Can someone get these motherfuckers on the same page? They just listed RR for stuff that's clearly not at release but probably planned for an expansion. I think the right hand is too busy jerking off while the left hand is trying to deal with angry customers.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 10:41:30 AM

They also has this epic bit o' failure in the zone control section at the bottom:

Also note that points earned from queuing only gives points if you have enough players to launch 1 Scenario, not 50.  This means that if Destruction has 500 players queued for a Scenario that requires 18 players to launch, they’re only getting credit for 18 players.  This is to ensure that over populated Queues don’t get anything extra for having 500 in the queue or just 18. 

How many scenarios are there in tier 4 again?  And which side has population issues that would have trouble filling one to two scenarios to begin with on most servers right now, much less all of them, especially when most everyone uses join all, and it funnels everyone into the same ones?  I mean, yeah, limiting it to 1 per scenario is all fine and dandy, but this still lets the zerg side get away with murder.

There's also the zone control question at the top that's only half answered, evasive, and makes them look stupid until you hit the zone control section at the bottom, which still doesn't really give any answers, numbers, or scale of importance of objectives.

They really need to stop doing these grab bags, or hire someone who isn't functionally retarded to do them.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 10:46:50 AM by Ard »
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 10:55:31 AM

Most everyone these days looks at the map, discovers that they own all the BOs and Keeps, and thinks that’s all that’s needed to capture a zone.  This assumption is false!  In order to control a zone, players also need to win Scenarios associated with that zone, do quests, and kill players in that zone.  Zone Control is all about total dominance in everything involved with a Zone.  You must push on all fronts!

Zone control is based on several pools, each of which is worth a percentage. Together, these pools tally up to 100%.

This explanation was necessary, and I appreciate them posting it, however it does prove that the faction being "pushed back" can essentially defeat the enemy by non-participation. If killing players is part of the overall metric, and that portion has to be represented in some way for the zone control to shift over, the losing side can simply decide to not participate in the RvR (and/or Scenarios) to deny the opposing faction any control. They could all do their PvE dungeons or lairs, while the opposing front can't get anywhere.

This, to me, seems like a massive exploit. It's exceptionally simple for the losing side to prevent the winning side any movement through, ironically, not playing.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:21:56 PM by BitWarrior »

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 11:59:40 AM

Making PVP things like zone control be dependent on PVE quests in a PVP game = fail. As BitWarrior said, you can "defend by not defending" just by depriving the other side of scenarios and RVR kills.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:14:55 PM

Making PVP things like zone control be dependent on PVE quests in a PVP game = fail. As BitWarrior said, you can "defend by not defending" just by depriving the other side of scenarios and RVR kills.

They made this deal a simple seeming game but then fucked it up royally by tying everything together the way they have.  Seriously......don't make people PVE if they don't want to.  That is the real deal.  They could scrap everything but the ORvR lakes and still keep about 10 servers packed full.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 12:15:45 PM

Nice confirmation.

Another massive flaw in the vp system is that it has fixed values. So without a critical mass of players its impossible to flip a zone.

Must... resist... posting... armchair... redesign...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 01:39:55 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 12:38:13 PM

Must... resist... posting... armchair... redesign...

Doesn't deserve it.
Thelg
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 12:52:40 PM

Volkmar just took Inevitable city yesterday, basically what they did to control each tier is:
1. Take everything in both T4 and T3
2. Have group in the relevant queue at all times (probably all guild grp that could steamroll anything non-coordinated)

It took them 2 days to get to IC and then few hours of doing city PQs killing people and once those gave up, mobs.. to lock the city. Apparently set armor is dropping like candy from those PQs as well. THere is a thread about that on ign

IMO the only thing they need to do is add a small trickle of VP from holding keeps. This way there will be a point in counter attacking them
Warskull
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 01:39:48 PM

IMO the only thing they need to do is add a small trickle of VP from holding keeps. This way there will be a point in counter attacking them

Best and easiest solution.  Have each keep that is not currently under attack and has been held for more than x minutes (a grace period to organize and assault it) start generating VPs.  If both sides hold a keep they should cancel each other out.
McSteak
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 01:42:31 PM

ugh

« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 01:47:28 PM by McSteak »
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 01:45:00 PM

What are you talking about? Holding BO and keeps has always generated VP.

"Me am play gods"
Gurney
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 01:53:49 PM

I am glad they confirmed something I said on the VNBoards.  Its either broken or designed by a retarded monkey on meth.  Clearly it is the latter and no longer the former.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 02:04:20 PM

What are you talking about? Holding BO and keeps has always generated VP.

Not if I'm reading the grab bag correctly

Finally, points degrade over time in all of the pools except for the points contributed by BO and Keeps ownership simply because they are either owned or not owned by a realm.  The reason that points degrade is to ensure that a stalemate doesn’t occur over long periods of point gains. 
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 02:21:05 PM

I don't think the problem is with the Keeps or BO's generating VP or not. The issue is there is a cap to the VP contribution they can actually support (and anything, for that matter). They might represent 30% of the total VP required to contest a city, and can contribute no more. At that point, holding/defending a Keep, if it's VP contribution is max, is moot. However, one would imagine that BO and Keep sieging is the backbone of this RvR, but it has been revealed it is only a part of the metric, shared with PvE questing, player killing and scenarios.

I feel it would have done the developers well to have played the original Alterac Valley. Remember when those mines and killing wolves/goats was relevant? PvEing in AV was by no means required (and you could obviously win without any of it), but if that's what you wanted to do (be it your gear sucked or what have you), you eventually wound up helping your team. It was great.

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 03:23:58 PM

Not if I'm reading the grab bag correctly

Finally, points degrade over time in all of the pools except for the points contributed by BO and Keeps ownership simply because they are either owned or not owned by a realm.  The reason that points degrade is to ensure that a stalemate doesn’t occur over long periods of point gains. 
Thanks.

Ugh.  Mixing binary VP with accumulated VP is swamp poop

"Me am play gods"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: WTB Horrible Explantions and RR Titles for 81-100 pst  
Jump to: