Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:06:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Amerikkka: The RPG 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amerikkka: The RPG  (Read 15591 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: November 03, 2008, 07:08:50 PM

Amerikkka: The RPG

Joe (you know, the guy from Waterthread and uhhh, f13) made an RPG with Shannon Drake. Just in time for election day, I say! Yes, I'm pimping it. Having heard about it years ago (hell, having read some of it years ago), I'm surprised they actually finished it. Everything beyond the link here is from the man of the hour. No, I don't mean Obama. I mean Joe. Who really isn't the man of the hour... he's just a guy who actually finished something he started.

-

» Read More
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 10:07:24 PM

Grats for getting it done Joe.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 05:41:24 AM

Yayy Joe!
Joe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 05:56:57 AM

Thanks, nooblers. Now go read it and tell me how much I suck.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 07:11:52 AM

Grats Joe. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 08:41:44 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 08:26:10 AM

Very cool, congrats. Many people start these sorts of things, but it's the rare hard-workers who can finish them. I just read the intro. It reminds me of the old Cyberpunk 2020; an interesting setting, and it definitely sounds more fun as quick one-shot adventures rather than extended campaigns.

(I say "old" because I haven't kept up with Cyberpunk 2020 in years, so it could be a totally different beast from what I remember.)

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Joe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 10:46:14 AM

Very cool, congrats. Many people start these sorts of things, but it's the rare hard-workers who can finish them. I just read the intro. It reminds me of the old Cyberpunk 2020; an interesting setting, and it definitely sounds more fun as quick one-shot adventures rather than extended campaigns.

(I say "old" because I haven't kept up with Cyberpunk 2020 in years, so it could be a totally different beast from what I remember.)

Similar concept, but we were going for something a bit goofier. It's definitely not meant to be taken seriously, whereas Cyberpunk was pretty serious business, at least originally.

And yeah, don't touch CP2020 anymore. They revamped the system and got rid of all the little intricacies that made it really annoying and lovable.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 01:59:52 PM

It reminds me of CP2020 meets HoL.  Entertaining read so far.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Amerikkka: The RPG  
Jump to: