Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:27:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Alright bitches, I'm in this to win this. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alright bitches, I'm in this to win this.  (Read 1952 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

on: November 01, 2008, 11:28:14 PM

Or some shit like that.

I'm going through the tutorials now and while this shit is daunting and the action's a little low-speed chase, I'm kinda getting into it. I'm too fucking lazy to be a spy, so now that I'm here, what the fuck do I do next?

Oh, and slayer, where's my cash?  awesome, for real

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 12:31:06 AM

Logged in to offer some advice and you weren't there!  Get into the F13 channel in-game and start asking questions.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:06:50 AM

Just PM me with a in game name and I got you.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 04:20:04 AM

For a new player I recommend going to the systems below and doing all the available 10-arc tutorial mission for each race and profession.

(Race): (Business), (Military), (Industry)
Amarr: Conoban, Deepari, Pasha
Caldari: Jouvulen, Uitra, Todaki
Gallente: Trossere, Couster, Clellinon
Minmatar: Embod, Hadaugago, Malukker

These systems have only one school station with the appropriate tutorial agent. The missions yield better starting rewads (frigates, skillbooks, implants) than regular L1 missions. Also they give a little bit of faction standing and introduce what the different races look like and who they fight against.

Right now we're sometimes doing L3 missions in Domain region for Amarr Navy and kicking it back in Vent. You're welcomed to join us.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 09:23:31 AM

Join a corp ASAP.  Eve is a pretty terrible game if you try to solo.  f13 would be a good choice, or something like Eve-uni if you want to strike out on your own.  Also don't worry about losing your ship - if you don't die a lot then you're doing it wrong.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 09:36:48 AM

I think the idea was that he was joining the corp we're all already in.  F13 and BAT are pretty inactive I think.

Witty banter not included.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 09:57:49 AM

I should have to agree. Many members of GoonSwarm have taken the pod express out of Empire on day one and hardly ever returned. The good thing about this is you're with your own people, getting accustomed to life in zero zero and taking part in all the activities. Also you won't mess up standings if you want to do pirate missions which are many times more profitable than anything in Empire. Only real downside is logistics being harder, so bring along all the skillbooks you still don't have in a shuttle.

But if someone wants to jumpstart their standings and earn good ISK in the process you can come to Hisoufad solarsystem and kill heathens with me.

Do read the links thread and the wiki. I had a friend who completely disregarded the theory of this game even though I told him to edumicate himself, kept getting angry as his frigs blew up and finally ragequit while blaming CCP for making such a horrible game Ohhhhh, I see.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Alright bitches, I'm in this to win this.  
Jump to: