Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 11:37:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Witching Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Witching Night  (Read 42125 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: November 01, 2008, 09:41:55 AM

We have one Halloween hot fix for everyone tonight:

Quests & Public Quests

* The Witching Hour: The loot chest that appears when players complete this Live Event Public Quest will now appear in the victors’ warcamp, and will remain there for ten minutes. This ensures that all victorious players who have a right to claim loot from the chest will be able to do so.

This is the first one of these changes I can't find an obvious flaw in. 10 minutes should be plenty of time to get back, or you could take the death express to get there quicker.

Sooo... Mythic gets this right with about a day to go before they plan to pull the event?

This event is very likely nothing more than a live test for whatever rvr enhacements they've got cooking, im glad they are getting the kinks out now while it doesn't really matter.

I am the .00000001428%
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #106 on: November 01, 2008, 09:04:21 PM

We have one Halloween hot fix for everyone tonight:

Quests & Public Quests

* The Witching Hour: The loot chest that appears when players complete this Live Event Public Quest will now appear in the victors’ warcamp, and will remain there for ten minutes. This ensures that all victorious players who have a right to claim loot from the chest will be able to do so.

This is the first one of these changes I can't find an obvious flaw in. 10 minutes should be plenty of time to get back, or you could take the death express to get there quicker.

Sooo... Mythic gets this right with about a day to go before they plan to pull the event?

This event is very likely nothing more than a live test for whatever rvr enhacements they've got cooking, im glad they are getting the kinks out now while it doesn't really matter.

How does screwing up the first live event of your new major MMO that wants to retain all those paying customers who now play on the servers not really matter? Jacobs is right in this being a marathon, not a sprint, but the starting section of a marathon can determine how it ends, too.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: November 04, 2008, 11:49:36 AM

You might be surprised what matters to some people.  Many of us like 'useless' trinkets from special events.  Without the trinkets, there tends to not be a lot of nostalgia.  Without nostalgia, a game won't be as sticky.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: November 05, 2008, 09:16:28 AM

You might be surprised what matters to some people.  Many of us like 'useless' trinkets from special events.  Without the trinkets, there tends to not be a lot of nostalgia.  Without nostalgia, a game won't be as sticky.

Exactly, plus if I have to miss out on an event because of work or family or even just because I don't think it would be fun to do I'd much rather the award be something completely meaningless in game.  Cool hat, title or trinket is just fine, putting + anything on them just makes them mandatory and pisses me off because of it.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #109 on: November 05, 2008, 09:25:00 AM

I think this event was a failure.  Not just because of the stuff already mentioned but because they were very tight fist with the holiday items. It an incredible amout of work to get a useless mask.  I guess the upside is that it was less of a failure than normal rvr.

"Me am play gods"
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: November 05, 2008, 09:28:16 AM

I guess the upside is that it was less of a failure than normal rvr.

True. I tried to compete in these a few times. I was in the same area, then the number disappeared so I couldnt keep track. Got dropped, lagged out, I dunno what happened but I got almost no Influence for it all in the end. I did get a crap ton of Gobbo masks and a couple of the Gaping Skull whatever they were called so I'm good.

If you all need an extra Gobbo masks I have some on Magnus (my alt server, should you be there as well)
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #111 on: November 05, 2008, 04:09:24 PM

people in my guild went apeshit for this event..  which left me  Head scratch

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: November 05, 2008, 09:09:12 PM

I think this event was a failure.  Not just because of the stuff already mentioned but because they were very tight fist with the holiday items. It an incredible amout of work to get a useless mask.  I guess the upside is that it was less of a failure than normal rvr.

I know I wasn't exactly blown away by the event, myself, either.  The RvR component was usually dead; either the other side outnumbered us 4:1 or we outnumbered them 4:1 and the underrepresented side wandered off after about five minutes of RDPS jousting.  The PvE component was pretty lame; just kill a million of these monsters for a reward.  I like that you can mail the potion to your alts (minus ten points for not showing the correct number of charges left on it, though), too.  The fact that level 8 monsters gave the same influence as level 18 monsters was a bit wacky, though.

And looking over at the WoW forums, where they're talking about some kind of plague that turns players into the undead and lets them infect each other, overrunning towns and cities with zombie hordes, while I'm sitting here in WAR killing three witches over and over to grind rep inf, I'm not really feeling that this was a great event.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: November 06, 2008, 04:15:47 AM

And looking over at the WoW forums, where they're talking about some kind of plague that turns players into the undead and lets them infect each other, overrunning towns and cities with zombie hordes, while I'm sitting here in WAR killing three witches over and over to grind rep inf, I'm not really feeling that this was a great event.

Yeah, was hilarious to see people turn and start fighting one another. Of course it was a little frustrating when they ganked the AH/Bank/whatever but meh, respawns are quick.

But hey, I got a dozen Gobbo masks!?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: November 06, 2008, 07:04:56 AM

Apparently, the PQ's were not the best spot, as the cauldron of witches around the world dropped the items rather consistently.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: November 06, 2008, 07:12:58 AM

So did Scenarios, Nordenwatch would drop the blue 'gaping skull' mask at least every third game.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #116 on: November 09, 2008, 01:26:15 PM

So did Scenarios, Nordenwatch would drop the blue 'gaping skull' mask at least every third game.

I have 5 of them and I never did a single witching hour PQ
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Witching Night  
Jump to: