Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:27:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hoops '08 - '09 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Hoops '08 - '09  (Read 2830 times)
sidereal
Contributor

on: October 24, 2008, 09:59:05 PM

I've been out of the fantasy basketball game for a few years, but since I completely dominated the Bat Country fantasy baseball season, I'm looking to carry the momentum into hoops.  Unfortunately, I hate fantasy basketball. 

Mostly, I hate how it's a grinding accumulation of a massive number of individually small achievements (unlike, say, fantasy football, where every touchdown is a huge deal).  I also hate the talent pool distribution, where there's a top tier of superstars above a massive pool of essentially equivalent players, meaning that it's a legitimate strategy to see the entire waiver pool as your bench and churn your roster relentlessly.

I've setup a league that I believe addresses these and other shortcomings.  First, it's head-to-head, so individual stats count for a lot more and a late season comeback is a possibility.  Second, the rosters are small, so the active talent pool is high and you can't just drop guys willy nilly.  Third, the rosters are locked weekly, so daily roster churning is impossible and you have to plan ahead to put together a good lineup for each matchup.

If this sounds delicious to you, let me know and I'll get it set up.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 02:54:53 PM

Fuck David Stern and the NBA right in their fucking asses.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 05:23:46 AM

It's too bad I missed this, I would have enjoyed this.  Although, in my other (deep) league I missed the draft, so I'm quite thankful I can employ the waiver-burn strategy.  Thanks Chris Quinn and Anthony Morrow!

I suggested fantasy basketball in this place last year and crickets were my reply.  At least now we have some anger and resentment.  I agree, David Stern is a fucking douche.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 01:57:45 AM

So how about them Raptors lul.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hoops '08 - '09  
Jump to: