Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:06:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Spiders are awesome 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spiders are awesome  (Read 302201 times)
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 28, 2008, 02:38:01 PM

The spider looks sad. What did you do to it? Were pink ribbons involved?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #71 on: October 28, 2008, 04:46:43 PM

I didn't do it.  It wasn't me. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 28, 2008, 05:27:12 PM

It looks like she's sad :( cause people are afraid of her and now she doesn't have any friends to play with :( :( :(

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 28, 2008, 05:43:30 PM

Awww. =(

I'll play with you little spider.  Peek-a-boo-boo-boo!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 28, 2008, 05:45:52 PM

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 28, 2008, 05:55:17 PM

or.....

+ =
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:20:04 AM by Amarr HM »

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #76 on: October 29, 2008, 05:48:05 AM

You just don't even realise how adorable that spider is with pink ribbons!  I name her Sally.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #77 on: October 29, 2008, 07:37:29 AM

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: October 29, 2008, 10:12:44 AM

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:25:59 AM by Amarr HM »

Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 29, 2008, 10:15:57 AM

NVM
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:23:26 AM by Tige »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #80 on: October 29, 2008, 08:22:42 PM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #81 on: November 03, 2008, 04:09:07 PM

that was a face hugger if i ever saw one.

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: November 07, 2008, 09:17:33 PM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #83 on: November 07, 2008, 09:58:44 PM

Those sliders are a nice touch.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: November 07, 2008, 10:50:47 PM

Edit by Trippy: no it's not

Poopy head.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 05:27:41 AM by Oban »

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #85 on: November 08, 2008, 12:24:42 AM

Ugh, so happy I've never encountered a wolf spider. I might seriously be arachnophobic.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: November 08, 2008, 09:00:24 AM

Ugh, so happy I've never encountered a wolf spider. I might seriously be arachnophobic.

My mother cured her fear of spiders by forcing herself to watch "Arachnaphobia" She wound up feeling sorry for the killer spider at the end.

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #87 on: November 08, 2008, 09:51:44 AM

See, that movie doesn't do a whole lot for me. Just seemed really cheesy.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #88 on: November 08, 2008, 09:06:27 PM

I was never scared of spiders until I saw Arachnophobia at the age of eight.  I don't think I realized at the time that it was a comedy.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #89 on: November 09, 2008, 01:04:48 AM

I was never scared of spiders until I saw Arachnophobia at the age of eight.  I don't think I realized at the time that it was a comedy.

No child did. Goddamn, it probably scarred a shitload of kids.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #90 on: November 09, 2008, 01:14:18 AM

About half way through that movie, it triggered arachnophobia in me, and I have had it ever since. No joke. I used to have a big ass tarantula as a pet, ever since seeing that movie, I scream like a little girl if a spider gets on me.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: November 09, 2008, 10:20:00 AM

About half way through that movie, it triggered arachnophobia in me, and I have had it ever since. No joke. I used to have a big ass tarantula as a pet, ever since seeing that movie, I scream like a little girl if a spider gets on me.
Watch Eight Legged Freaks. That stands a good chance of reversing the effect right there.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: November 09, 2008, 12:05:28 PM

The scariest spiders by far are the Northern Australian funnel webs

I watch a lot of nature TV, and over the years that has taught me that:

A) Australia is a continent completely under Satan's dominion.

B) If I ever had to go there I wouldn't go without an environmentally sealed armored exoskeleton.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #93 on: November 09, 2008, 02:59:56 PM

Some of the troops found a tarantula when I was stationed down in Panama.  The two guys were keeping it in a cage and feeding it insects, it was a kinda docile blue-ish/blond-ish-fuzzywuzzy slow thing.  He did eat up the crickets, would jump on them and suck them up.  The two troops who had him, went to the library to see what else they eat, and found the some eat mice.  Well they caught a mouse, and the mouse ate the tarantula.  Go figure...
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: November 09, 2008, 06:31:53 PM

Some of the troops found a tarantula when I was stationed down in Panama.  The two guys were keeping it in a cage and feeding it insects, it was a kinda docile blue-ish/blond-ish-fuzzywuzzy slow thing.  He did eat up the crickets, would jump on them and suck them up.  The two troops who had him, went to the library to see what else they eat, and found the some eat mice.  Well they caught a mouse, and the mouse ate the tarantula.  Go figure...

An old sergeant major of mine would tell us stories about his unit in Panama bivouacking in a banana grove and occassionally feeling banana spiders crawl over them in the middle of the night.  Fuck that, I'll take actually being shot at to being part of a spider freeway.  Worst I ever saw were camel spiders, and unlike that one picture that circulated around the internet at the beginning of the war they're not really that big.  Big enough, though.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #95 on: November 10, 2008, 03:05:03 AM

An old sergeant major of mine would tell us stories about his unit in Panama bivouacking in a banana grove and occassionally feeling banana spiders crawl over them in the middle of the night.  Fuck that, I'll take actually being shot at to being part of a spider freeway.  Worst I ever saw were camel spiders, and unlike that one picture that circulated around the internet at the beginning of the war they're not really that big.  Big enough, though.
It wasn't the spiders or the damn howler monkeys (did he mention those crazy monkeys are territoral and will chase humans and throw shit and stuff at them?), it was the damn scorpions and fire ants!  Those fuckers were every where.  We had one sneak into the clinic and bite my buddy Darrin's foot when he was changed into scrubs and went to change back and didn't shake his boot...needles to say we all stayed on bug patrol for a long time.  I got bit up playing paintball on one of the 'zonies' homes.  Damn place I picked to go prone was a fire ant home...

It was still one of the most beautiful country I have visited, with only a couple of deadly fauna, unlike NZ/A which has all kinds of crap to kill ya, but such a temptation of boobies, bbq, and beaches.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: November 11, 2008, 04:16:31 AM

I was under the impression the most dangerous creature in New Zealand were the natives, they also have deadly things?

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #97 on: November 11, 2008, 05:03:51 AM

I want to live in NZ but only because I love Rugby.  I want the All Blacks to be my home team.  I  Heart All Blacks!

Dance, All Blacks, Dance!

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: November 11, 2008, 07:36:36 AM

You know in some situations you get in trouble for shouting that. Also I love NZ's team naming system as it resulted in the awesomest badminton team ever: The Black cocks.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: November 11, 2008, 10:27:23 AM

You know in some situations you get in trouble for shouting that. Also I love NZ's team naming system as it resulted in the awesomest badminton team ever: The Black cocks.

I may have misunderstood something in this thread, but I'm pretty sure that Signe loves The Black Cocks.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: November 14, 2008, 02:58:30 PM

Ever since a Brown Recluse took a chunk of flesh out of me I show no quarter to spiders. Period. It has also turned me into one hell of an arachnaphobe.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: November 14, 2008, 08:58:43 PM

I can see that happening after a recluse bite.  Can't fault you for that one.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: November 17, 2008, 02:24:15 PM

Let's just say I didn't know what packing a wound was until later. I thought it was anything but sticking gauze into a hole in my flesh with an oversized q-tip.

I was wrong.

Edit: And I forgot to mention that the little SOB also shot staph straight into my veins. For about 6 months after the bite I'd get weird staph infections. Like the one under my armpit where I had to tell my boss I was under doctor's orders to avoid deodorant. In the summer. Needless to say I was banished to my office and not allowed to do face-to-face work with our users. (I'm in IT)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 02:25:50 PM by Riggswolfe »

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: November 17, 2008, 04:11:37 PM

Let's just say I didn't know what packing a wound was until later. I thought it was anything but sticking gauze into a hole in my flesh with an oversized q-tip.

I was wrong.

Edit: And I forgot to mention that the little SOB also shot staph straight into my veins. For about 6 months after the bite I'd get weird staph infections. Like the one under my armpit where I had to tell my boss I was under doctor's orders to avoid deodorant. In the summer. Needless to say I was banished to my office and not allowed to do face-to-face work with our users. (I'm in IT)

You'd have fit in nicely with our offshore team.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: November 18, 2008, 11:48:12 AM

You'd have fit in nicely with our offshore team.

I hated it because I am a very clean person and I found it quite embarassing to be that rank. Luckily it lasted only a week or so but it was still horrible. My own gf (she's my wife now so she must be forgiving) wouldn't let me hug her. Even the family dog gave me that look that only a dog can give. "I eat shit but damn...you stink."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Spiders are awesome  
Jump to: