Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:03:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Max Payne 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Max Payne  (Read 11935 times)
AngryGumball
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 23, 2008, 01:55:02 PM

not having playing the Max Payne games before.

Hi Movie you sucked worse than Doom. Heck even Super Mario Bros from more than a decade ago was more believeable.

great filming though nice colors and sharp pictures. but my god the story is the trash.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 24, 2008, 12:49:47 AM

I actually enjoyed Doom. I just tried to think of it as a cheesy action/horror flick.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 24, 2008, 07:04:24 AM

Yeah Doom was ok. Better than AvP and other such shit that I compare it with.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 24, 2008, 07:58:32 AM

I wanted to see this movie but then I read that the story was by a first time scriptwriter. Combine that with the supernatural stuff and I got "first time writer wants to change the storyline of the game and make it his." Max Payne is about 2 things: the bullet time and the noirish story.

I think this is why most video game movies suck btw. They change the story. If the story is good enough to make a game about it, leave the fucker alone and turn it into a movie. Admittedly some games don't have stories, but a lot of the ones being made into movies do.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 11:06:38 PM

I finally got around to watching this (unrated director's cut) and don't see the hate.  Granted, it's been so long since I played Max Payne that I can't remember the storyline at all, but the movie was good.  It was a little slow at first, but it picked up near the end and I felt satisfied.  I think you all just hate movies.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #40 on: January 23, 2009, 05:56:15 AM

I didn't hate it, but I wasn't overly impressed by some of the casting choices. Mila Kunis as a tough, gun toting arms dealer?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 07:19:07 AM

Saw it last week. It simply wasn't that good, and I'm overly tolerable of Mark Wahlberg.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 07:11:46 AM

Just watched it yesterday.  I have never been able to see Marky Marky as a tough guy.  Every time he pus on his serious face, it just looks like he is about to explode in to a fit of giggles.

I think it is either his cheeks or lower jawline.

That plus the fact that I never played the game really made the whole thing hard to watch let alone understand.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 26, 2009, 07:14:45 AM

I watched it last night. I'm not sure where to start with what they did wrong but it wasn't Max Payne. It had none of the noir feel and very little action for what it should have been. It also had to many distractions like the black dude in the opening scenes who is apparently only there so the other guy can tell him about Max's wife and daughter. Show, don't tell people.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 27, 2009, 11:58:44 AM

While watching it, my wife decided she wants a Mossberg 590 for Valentine's day, so the movie wasn't a total loss.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 22, 2009, 07:24:49 PM

I know now exactly how fucking much I loved the Max Payne games.  Enough to carry this movie and prevent me from hating it. 
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 22, 2009, 07:29:18 PM

Caught it on HBO last weekend and I liked it. Story fell apart there at the end, but still good imagery and stuff.

I'd like to see the Director's Cut, maybe it flows a bit better. I feel like a scene or two is missing from the last half of the movie.

- Viin
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 22, 2009, 07:56:51 PM

Caught it on HBO last weekend and I liked it. Story fell apart there at the end, but still good imagery and stuff.

I'd like to see the Director's Cut, maybe it flows a bit better. I feel like a scene or two is missing from the last half of the movie.

That's basically my problem with it - there's some issues in the first 3/4's of the movie that I can easily ignore, but it really hits the bad CGI and OVERACT NOW trap in the last half hour.   

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #48 on: October 12, 2009, 12:50:47 PM

What the fuck was this movie made for? The real villain was transparent about 3 minutes into the movie. Most of the dialogue seemed to be missing half of its context. The angel imagery felt added just to provide something interesting to look at.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Max Payne  
Jump to: