Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:55:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Ohio woman fakes daughters cancer to stop husband leaving... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ohio woman fakes daughters cancer to stop husband leaving...  (Read 6811 times)
Gorky
Terracotta Army

on: March 28, 2004, 06:05:52 PM

and 31 thousand dollars of donations!

She shaves her daughters head, gives her sleeping pills to make it appear she is undergoing chemotherapy and then she does something which left me feeling physically sick... makes her attend counselling TO PREPARE FOR DEATH! I just cant get my brain to understand how anyone could put any child let alone their own through this kind of shit. The only good news is that the mother is in prison and the daughter is in foster care.

Link for more information http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/29/1080412270146.html
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 06:14:57 PM

They sent the husband to prison too.  What the fuck?  She says he didn't know, he says he didn't know... now the guy's entire life is screwed over because his wife was a nutcase who didn't want a divorce.  Instead of just losing a woman he once loved, which may have happened anyway, she succeeded in taking his daughter away from him as well and putting him in prison.  What the fuck?

Sometimes I think the legal tradition of allowing the state to argue multiple theories for the same crime should be eliminated.  Especially when you're talking about two different defendants.  Some sort of expanded notion of collateral estoppel.

Bruce
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 11:30:28 AM

Goddamn. Some people are just plain batshit fucking crazy.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 03:34:21 PM

God, between this and the Ohio women kidnapping pregnant women to cut the fetus out of them and pretend they gave birth while their husbands are at work, I'm afraid for my wife to get pregnant. I wonder whats with Ohio being the birthplace of so many serial killers and now wierdo-mother shit like this.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 07:09:37 AM

I wonder whats with Ohio being the birthplace of so many serial killers and now wierdo-mother shit like this.

I've wondered the same thing my entire life. There must be something in the water up here. I'm just waiting for the day when I finally snap and create my own little news story.

I grew up about 20 minutes from the http://www.cnn.com/interactive/world/0004/cult.deaths/info.kirtland.html">Lundgren ranch and one of my friends lived about 5 minutes from there. The oddest thing about it was that no one around here was all that shocked when the story broke. It's almost expected for crazy stories to come out of our area.

At least in my neck of the woods we have more cult and satanist type activity than the rest of Ohio. It keeps us on our toes.
xcarnifex

Email
Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 09:40:56 PM

I live near Dayton, OH.....

Friend of mine moved to Georgia and whenever he visits he always comments on the attitude of people here.  He thinks it's because it's rarely sunny in Ohio.  He says it's sunny most of the year round in Georgia and people seem to be much happier.

And I've read things about sunlight being good for mood balance, and even slowing/preventing cancer in some cases.  Which might be due to the people who have the cancer being in a better mood from the sunlight.  

Oh, and I remember as a teenager visiting the home of a family and running around in their woods......then a couple years later.  The husband stabbed the wife to death.....like 40 something times and left her in the woods.  Never heard what caused it.
Rei

Email
Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 04:36:34 AM

They based a goddam Law and Order episode on this case, too.

Well, it was Law and Order: SVU. So maybe 5 people actually saw it.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 06:58:14 AM

I saw it last night, and I thought the same thing. What I don't get is that they were promoting this long before I even heard this story over the wire. Did they pull this from the local news before it hit the national press, or did they do an add-on to the episode before it aired?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 07:05:02 AM

Sunlight is very important to mood.  At least in some people, like me.  I went to college in milwaukee and during that time we had a record winter for cloud cover.  I slipped into a huge depression and stopped going to classes.  It wasn't my normal gaming instead of classes either.  I would spend days at a time without even leaving bed except to piss.  Wouldn't even eat.  From December to February inclusive there were 4 days that were listed as 'partly cloudy'.  The rest were fully cloud covered.

Now I live in Orlando and I have not had any of that morbid depression at all.  Even though the rainy season has rain almost every day, it is usually full sunshine before, after and even usually DURING the rain.  I don't think I have seen a single fully cloudy day down here in my nearly 5 years.

I don't even do any outdoor activities, but just seeing sun out a window or having it shine on the way to and from the car helps immensely.  For those in cloudy climes there is light therapy available for people like me.
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 07:56:12 AM

Quote from: Rei

You sure it was based on this specific case?  There have been quite a few Munchausen-by-proxy cases in the past few years.
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 08:27:00 AM

Seasonal Affective Disorder.  My sister has it, and spends many hours sitting in front of sun lamps during the winter.  The easier solution (I would think) would be to move the fuck out of Madison, WI.  Nothing against the home of The Onion, but if sunlight is what you need than the south is where you should go.
Censorship

Email
Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 09:12:55 AM

As a native of Madison, WI, I must ask what is this "sunlight" you speak of?
Rei

Email
Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 12:15:30 PM

Quote from: Alrindel
Quote from: Rei

You sure it was based on this specific case?  There have been quite a few Munchausen-by-proxy cases in the past few years.

Nope, same thing, down to the littlest detail. Differences were that it was the grandmother doing it, and it was out of greed, not insanity.
WayAbvPar

Reply #13 on: April 01, 2004, 05:13:02 PM

Quote from: angry.bob
God, between this and the Ohio women kidnapping pregnant women to cut the fetus out of them and pretend they gave birth while their husbands are at work, I'm afraid for my wife to get pregnant. I wonder whats with Ohio being the birthplace of so many serial killers and now wierdo-mother shit like this.

Washington has had more than its share of serial killers too- Ted Bundy, Gary Ridgway (aka the Green River Killer), Robert Yates, Wesley Dodd..hell even the Hillside Strangler (Kenneth Bianchi) made an appearance in Bellingham (in fact, that was how he was caught).

I think it has something to do with the fact that the sun goes away in early October and doesn't reappear for more than a few hours at a time until May...it can prey on ones mind at times =)

That, and we still have enough wooded areas to make body disposal a snap!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Ohio woman fakes daughters cancer to stop husband leaving...  
Jump to: