Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:19:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: South Park 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South Park  (Read 85092 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 09:03:17 AM

It had the goth kids in it.  It was awesome. You are wrong.

-Rasix
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 02:23:14 PM

I liked it for being surprisingly sympathetic to the goth kids.  I think there's a little gothery in Matt and Trey's history.

Also, I'm watching Trueblood at the same time and the overlap was entertaining.  Per se.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 04:06:05 PM

Hey, don't get me wrong, I am normally the biggest South Park fanboi around, and usually defend it against those who say it has run out of ideas.  But the pacing was off in this episode- it never really got off the ground.  There have been some fantastic Butters-centered episodes (the very first one, where his father goes to various gay bathhouses, was the best evar, AWESOM-O was pure magic, and even the Paris Hilton one was good), but this one didn't have anything to say and didn't go anywhere.  The whole family angle was very forced. 
Clearly your family did not have a well organized pantry.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 04:11:03 AM

How can you manage to be so wrong so often?

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 05:01:20 PM

Maybe I'm out of the loop so I don't see it. But are there kids anywhere, outside of opening-night idiocy or perhaps getting their books signed, who dress up like Vampires?

This episode didn't resonate with me at all. I was waiting for the allegory, for the social critique- and hoping it'd be a little bit more concrete than Twilight fans are idiots.

But I haven't been close to a highschool for some time now, maybe kids are dressing up and doing this kind of nonsense. If that's the case, then I simply didn't get it the episode. If not, then it was a pretty weak showing.

Big ups for another Butters ep though.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 11:40:12 PM

I liked this episode

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 11:42:29 PM

Maybe I'm out of the loop so I don't see it. But are there kids anywhere, outside of opening-night idiocy or perhaps getting their books signed, who dress up like Vampires?

This episode didn't resonate with me at all. I was waiting for the allegory, for the social critique- and hoping it'd be a little bit more concrete than Twilight fans are idiots.

But I haven't been close to a highschool for some time now, maybe kids are dressing up and doing this kind of nonsense. If that's the case, then I simply didn't get it the episode. If not, then it was a pretty weak showing.

Big ups for another Butters ep though.

You've never went to a Denny's late at night and had it filled with Vampire LARP'ers have you?
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #42 on: March 21, 2009, 09:57:24 PM

It's back on. First episode making fun of the Jonas Brothers, Mickey Mouse and Disneys plot to get pre-teens horny. Hilarious.

Recent episode made fun of Dark Knight/The Watchmen. Cartman dresses up as The Coon...

He uses a raspy voice and dialogue somewhat like Rorschach. awesome, for real
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 22, 2009, 01:40:20 AM

Wow.  After two episodes, this season has more episodes that I liked than all of season 12.  Matt and Trey must have spent last season on a bad LSD trip or something (except that the only good episode in 12 was about tripping...)

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #44 on: March 22, 2009, 02:39:37 PM

He uses a raspy voice and dialogue somewhat like Rorschach. awesome, for real

Sort of.  But I think it was mostly focused on Batman, who also overrasps his voice.  It had the whole 'Who Is The Coon?" theme and the interactions with the cops.

fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: March 24, 2009, 08:34:22 PM

Ok this episode had me in tears once the news scene started up, a callback to three years ago!

My god, for anyone who didn't get the reference see: Leprechaun in Crichton

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 12:40:11 PM

Holy shit, the amateur sketch is fucking GOLD!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 31, 2009, 07:54:20 AM

To people who say marijuana should be legalized...check fucking mate. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: March 31, 2009, 10:06:37 AM

What?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: April 01, 2009, 10:37:27 PM

What?
Didn't you see him? He's obviously on the dope. Boy must have some kind of negroid fever! Better call the sheriff's office...
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: April 01, 2009, 11:06:11 PM

I didn't assume he was high because he was black.  I assumed he was high because of his actions.  I say the same thing (substituting "crystal meth" for "pot") when I see a soul-destroying news segment out in a trailer park somewhere. 

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: April 03, 2009, 01:13:49 PM

13.04 was nothing special.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #52 on: April 03, 2009, 01:48:07 PM

I thought the Canadian Flag thong was pretty DRILLING AND MANLINESS.

"Me am play gods"
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: April 03, 2009, 06:43:57 PM

A classic.

"Who all see da Leprechaun say yeeeaaaaaahhh!"
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #54 on: April 03, 2009, 07:00:05 PM

For which side?

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: April 04, 2009, 08:11:51 PM

That was four miles from my house.

And yeah, lot of drug addled brothers live in that part of town.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: April 09, 2009, 12:45:49 PM

I thought 13.05 was going to suck, but it just got better and better  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 29, 2009, 02:50:32 AM

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251888

Best episode of the season.  And its kinda mostly true- when I made an offhand joke about Japanese whale hunting to my (normally very calm) Japanese girlfriend, we got in our biggest fight in a year  Ohhhhh, I see.  They REALLY don't like whales. 

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 29, 2009, 05:15:25 AM

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251888

Best episode of the season.  And its kinda mostly true- when I made an offhand joke about Japanese whale hunting to my (normally very calm) Japanese girlfriend, we got in our biggest fight in a year  Ohhhhh, I see.  They REALLY don't like whales.  

It isn't a Japanese thing, it's an Asian thing.  A quick trip to a Korean zoo would forever alter your perceptions of how Asians see themselves in relation to animals.

ETA:  Not that it's such a bad thing.  At least they're up front about thinking that critters are here for our amusement and use.  Westerners like to pretend that we've evolved past that kind of shit.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:17:22 AM by Big Gulp »
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 29, 2009, 05:33:34 AM

The problem with Whale is that is just so damn tasty.

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 29, 2009, 05:35:14 AM

Err, how is the zoo in Seoul different from the Atlanta Zoo, the National Zoo, the San Diego zoo or the Toronto Zoo?

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 29, 2009, 07:21:29 AM

Err, how is the zoo in Seoul different from the Atlanta Zoo, the National Zoo, the San Diego zoo or the Toronto Zoo?

The zoos themselves are comparable to any western zoo, but the behavior of the visitors?  Way different.  I can't tell you how much stuff I saw thrown at animals that weren't sufficiently energetic for the throwee.  In Canada, the US, or pretty much anywhere in western Europe this would result in the tosser being given a dressing down by everyone around him.  Not so at Seoul zoo.  I saw not only apathy about this, but even a vague enthusiasm for the practice on some occasions. 
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 29, 2009, 08:38:39 AM

You clearly have never been to a zoo during a week day when a school group is going through.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #63 on: October 29, 2009, 08:57:22 AM

When I was studying in Japan, we had a politics class where we had to debate an issue every Friday, with one part of the class arguing in favor, and the other against.  The class was 90% exchange students, and 10% scared Japanese students who couldn't understand half of what we were saying.  I always had a fun time leading the debate in favor of what ever controversial issue we brought up (yes, Japan NEEDS nuclear weapons!).

Whale day was a good day  awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 29, 2009, 10:39:32 AM

Fuck you Whale!  Fuck you Dolphin!

Also, Cartman's version of that Lady Gaga song was like 10 times better than the original.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:49:21 AM by Evildrider »
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 29, 2009, 12:27:49 PM

Hah, Japan. The country where when they finally managed to get the rights to start whaling again, knowing it was pissing off every other nation in the world save the Norwegians, they discovered that there was basically no demand for whale meat. Rather than taking that as a cue that they didn't really need to go piss everyone else off, they started subsidising whale meat and launched a massive marketing campaign to get more people to eat it.

What the fuck Japan?

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 29, 2009, 01:33:21 PM

Didn't they force school lunch rooms to serve whale meat? 

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #67 on: October 29, 2009, 01:43:00 PM

Well, back in the post war years, meat in general was hard to come by in Japan, but Whale meat was plentiful.  So the government subsidized all school lunch's with Whale meet.  So many of the older generation grew up eating it that way, though the government stopped the practice once the economy started to recover again.  I believe that's the only time the government "forced" it.  Some schools in fishing towns will serve whale meat as part of "tradition", but that's not a mandate.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #68 on: October 29, 2009, 01:56:04 PM

It was dolphin actually. Chocker block full of tasty mercury 5000x above govnt regulation.  

And apparently this age-old-rite-of-sea-monster-killing has been going on since as long as 1933.  The dawn of time!  
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 01:59:22 PM by Soln »
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 29, 2009, 01:57:56 PM

Could have sworn they did it in 1992 to 1993 when I was an exchange student in Kawasaki, but according to my Google searches it was off the Japanese education menu from 1985 to 2005.

Meh.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: South Park  
Jump to: