Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:46:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Build sites 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Build sites  (Read 6945 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

on: October 01, 2008, 07:50:34 AM

Have any of you come across sites with decent build rundowns?  I was looking on Warhammer Alliance and their forums are filled with all types of stupid.  If anyone has found a forum/site with solid breakdowns, I'd be grateful for a link.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:35:31 AM

What type of builds are you looking for? I'm sure many of us have tried most of what's available.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 08:48:46 AM

Runepriest.  It's one of the few classes I never got around to in beta.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 11:37:58 AM

Runepriest.  It's one of the few classes I never got around to in beta.

Did someone say Runepriest?

awesome, for real

What sort of a build are you looking for? The two most popular builds I've seen are Valaya primary / Grimnir secondary (super heal over time healer with lots of aoe heal), and Grugni primary / Valaya secondary.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 11:43:34 AM

I don't have a link for you but this is my current 25 point plan (if by some miracle I hit RR80 sometime next decade for the extra 5 points, surely I can afford the respec then):

http://69.57.184.213/career.aspx?id=3#0:0:13:8712:8:32:25

A couple notes:

- I am currently not planning to spec for any of the extra rank 4 morale abilities; the baseline group rez looks quite nice and it is rare that I will make it to rank 4 worth of morale without wanting to use one of the lower ones anyway.

- I am not necessarily married to the master rune I picked, but I do think all rune priests should spec for one of them. They're an interesting tool you would have no access to at all without speccing for one as there is no baseline master rune.

- I skipped the Grungni's line because as nice as some of the specced spells in it are (rune of binding is uber, period, and rune of fortune is a great replacement for the baseline nuke) the baseline spells it increases are not ones that are super great for the most part. Speccing into Valaya and Grimnir boosts the spells that I've found the most effective so far, especially rune of shielding, rune of mending, rune of immolation, and rune of serenity.

- I plan to go deep into Valaya because it has the best dps spell availble to rune priests (rune of burning) and also lets me pick up the HoT/DoT combo tool so I can kick in some dps without losing healing throughput. Specced this way I should play a little more like an archmage in that I'll be able to kick damage in when needed a little better, but with all the cool survivability tricks that the runepriest has.

- The Immolating Grasp tactic in Valaya appears to be close to a must-have to me for any rune priest spec, at least if you expect to engage in any open field RVR. It adds a critical CC component to a spell with no cooldown, so you will have that much easier of a time escaping an assist train, or stopping someone from escaping yours. The AP drain part is just gravy.

- I went into Grimnir secondary mostly to boost Rune of Serenity, which is an awesome spell. It is like a group heal over time, but it will go outside your party/warband and heal any allies in the area. It is highly awesome, and note the wording is a bit off: it doesn't wait 9 seconds and then bounce to other targets, it bounces immediately when it goes off. Were I to get to RR80 somehow, my other 5 points would probably go in this tree, likely to pick up the shield proc tactic and maybe rune of battle if the word of mouth on that is good.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 11:49:26 AM

Thoughts:

- The AP regen rune in Grungni is the one that has the best utility in any given situation, the other two are more situational.

- Grungni makes it much easier to solo, until you can hit 25-27 and pick up the channeled Mind Flay-esque ability in Valaya.

- One thing to consider about Valaya is that it only increases the direct heal part of Rune of Mending - not the HoT, and that the baseline Rune of Regen is always flat scaled.

- Rune of Serenity IS awesome.

- To be fair, I haven't had much testing time with Immolating Grasp, but yes, I imagine that it is good.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 11:59:20 AM

I find that I heal primarily like this: Absorb buff on targets taking fast damage, 1s hot, insta hot then use insta heal/cast heal/morale as needed.  I've been getting 60k heals per scenario at level 15 this way with crappy gear.   I think the 3s cast heal is nice when you can position well, but most of the time it's worthless and I do my best to keep people up with hots/instas. 

Any advice on both spec and playstyle?

-  Mark Twain
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 12:21:29 PM

Heading down Grimnir now.  We'll see what happens when I get the master rune tonight.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 02:45:23 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 05:26:22 AM

I've been bouncing between 2 pvp specs:

My "survival" spec.

http://war.mmoguildsites.com/career_planner/runepriest?13001100000000000000000010000000000000000000112301112011190413

Tactics:

Ancestor's Echo
Sundered Motion
Ancestral Inheritance
Regenerative Shielding

My "run-and-gun" spec.

http://war.mmoguildsites.com/career_planner/runepriest?12001110000000000000000010000000000000000000000000000000000

Ancestor's Echo
Runic Blasting
Sundered Motion
Restorative Burst

Which I use depends on how well I survive at max level, as spec 2 will have better healing output, but spec one will be harder to take down (and a dead runepriest heals for 0)

I wanted to like Valaya, but the fact that basically none of my HOT's increase with points dumped into the tree made me decide it wasn't worth it.  I also have come to the conclusion that I do not like Master runes in general, stationary short range buffs have very limited use in PvP.

Edit:  Also, after having some fun with Rune of Sundering last night, I am of the opinon that every RP buiild MUST include sundered motion.  It is quite simply the best survivability tactic we have have and reducing the cooldown from 1 minute to 20 seconds AND giving it an AOE snare component seems just too good.  I'm not sure at what RR you get your first extra mastery point...  But that will immediately be dumped in the intant stun in Grungi, which also seems all kinds of awesome.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:42:51 AM by amiable »
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 07:11:58 AM

http://war.mmoguildsites.com/career_planner/runepriest?00091300000000000000010011000000000000000000000000000000000
I got master rune of adamant last night.  Seem to worked all right.  And it worked very well when I correctly guess where tanks were fighting.

"Me am play gods"
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 07:25:12 AM

Some information that may be useful:

Just on a general AP/healing level with no tactics or willpower involved, all at max level, heal per AP use for single targets goes like this:
Grungi's Gift: 6.73
Rune of Regeneration: 50
Rune of Shielding: 21.2
Rune of Mending: 16.5
Rune of Restoration: 28.1
Protection of the Ancestors: 45.7

Note that the better each scales with willpower, the better it will do in comparison to the others.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 08:25:27 AM

Some information that may be useful:

Just on a general AP/healing level with no tactics or willpower involved, all at max level, heal per AP use for single targets goes like this:
Grungi's Gift: 6.73
Rune of Regeneration: 50
Rune of Shielding: 21.2
Rune of Mending: 16.5
Rune of Restoration: 28.1
Protection of the Ancestors: 45.7

Note that the better each scales with willpower, the better it will do in comparison to the others.

Note that this would actually be healing/AP.

I've managed to break 40k healing in a single t1 now. The two most important things are to keep regen up on everyone taking damage, and to not die. I'm speccing for grungni, although at lower levels the line is just not very good for pvp.

From what I've seen, the stat bonus on regen, and all other Over Time's seems to be calculated the same way as direct spells. So as an instant, it only gets 1.5x stat bonus. This makes wisdom rather negligible for it. So I've just been stacking wounds, and now have over 1.75k hp at level 11.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Build sites  
Jump to: