Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:15:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: I caved 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I caved  (Read 4960 times)
Jobu
Terracotta Army

Lord Buttrot

on: September 29, 2008, 10:45:22 AM

I'm weak, and bought the game online (Direct2Drive is pretty good at being my late night hookup when I've got the shakes).

I'm still going to goof off with a few classes, test the waters and all. Whom do I nag about getting added?
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:10:42 PM

Is there any difference between D2D and disk? I've never used it before with an mmorpg.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jobu
Terracotta Army

Lord Buttrot

Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 10:20:33 PM

It downloads a huge zip file, which uncompresses to the install data. Almost like you if you were to download a bittorrent of it... which you shouldn't, of course. Makes the install pretty quick too. I dunno what happens if I lose the download though, I never bother reading if they offer archival downloads.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 10:27:38 AM

It downloads a huge zip file, which uncompresses to the install data. Almost like you if you were to download a bittorrent of it... which you shouldn't, of course. Makes the install pretty quick too. I dunno what happens if I lose the download though, I never bother reading if they offer archival downloads.

They do. You can download the file as many times as you want of any game you've purchased. They also archive your Keys - basically a nice storage system for your CD's. On the downside, some of the single player games require different D2D patches because they are essentially NO CD versions.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 11:18:04 AM

The D2D version doesn't come with the rendered intro. Which, judging that it always comes up, is a good thing!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 11:19:27 AM

D2D is pretty good with their re-download policy, yeah - it is good that we can get it that way rather than through the EA Store which is *awful*. They charge you extra in order to be able to download after 10 days are up.  swamp poop

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 01:07:11 PM

The D2D version doesn't come with the rendered intro. Which, judging that it always comes up, is a good thing!

Yeah it does now. It didn't if you dloaded the pre-order version but I redloaded it after launch and it has the cinematic and the logo flying in instead of static.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 05:10:41 PM

Hmm.

Thanks for the info!

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: I caved  
Jump to: