Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:42:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: They need to work on Items meshes. (as in variety) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: They need to work on Items meshes. (as in variety)  (Read 3871 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: September 26, 2008, 09:13:06 AM

Attack of the clones!!! Its (IMHO) worse than AOC. Trophy's and dyes are only going to carry people but so far. Maybe im missing something.

Still having fun though.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 09:20:03 AM

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the point is to be able to recognize a class by how it looks. Of course if they can do that and give more variety that'd be great.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 09:22:17 AM

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the point is to be able to recognize a class by how it looks. Of course if they can do that and give more variety that'd be great.

Yeah, i figured its because of the miniatures also..... but yeah, just a pet peeve, i have gotten about 4-5 pieces of armor that are the same mesh and texture (the client even attempts to re-render my entire toon, layered textures and all, WHY? lol)

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 11:09:54 AM

Only way to customize I guess is dyes.  You can change the primary color easily through merchant with a limited number of colors.  Of course Apothecaries will be able to make many more colors for the Primary and Secondary colors.

Also trophies.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 11:12:13 AM

I kind of like how it is now - as it is the class and tier of a character is pretty evident with a quick glance.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 01:08:26 PM

Honestly this is I think working as intended. That is why they let you dye all your armor pieces. They want you to be able to pick out a class by the way they look and they want to be able to have a crap load of people on screen at once without crushing computers.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 01:12:28 PM

Also, certain items aren't dyable - ones that are archetypical and key to the profession. Annoying, but reasonable. If someone has some amazingly kickass armor, I wouldn't want it to be disguised either. Though I have no clue what is kickass on the destro side, I can see the thought process behind this.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 01:50:46 PM

After seeing how bad PVP in in AOC made peoples computers kerplode I can forgive some lack in diversity as long as what is there is well done and the game can handle a large number of people on the screen at once without making my system shoot smoke out its power supply.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 05:32:21 PM

[derail]
To be fair to AOC, that was mostly because they weren't ready. The engine doesn't suck, and performances are so much better now. So much.

Too bad (for them, and Gaute) no one will ever know and notice, cause optimization should happen BEFORE launch, you know. But that really makes you nderstand WHAT A CHEAP AND DECREPIT POS of an engine is the Warhammer one.

Also, itemization in Conan. It's still ultra-lacking, but when you look at higher tiers of armor with 3.0 shader you get all happy and hungry for more.
[/derail]

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: They need to work on Items meshes. (as in variety)  
Jump to: