Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 06:23:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Knight Rider 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Knight Rider  (Read 20613 times)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

on: September 25, 2008, 08:55:06 AM

Uh. Not so sure about this one. Watched it. Don't recall enough to even post spoilers. The plot was a bit weak, but the car was cool. There was a hot chick, so that was at least decent.

Other than that, not so sure.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 08:57:22 AM

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:08:06 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 09:04:43 AM

That's just disturbing. That pic needs spoiler tags to make it optional.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 09:08:38 AM

Yeah, if he holds them like burgers the poor puppies might fall to death and they look like they know it!

Liked the car, didn't care all that much about the people. Hey, its EXACTLY like the old Knight Rider!  awesome, for real
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 09:11:11 AM

Hey, its EXACTLY like the old Knight Rider!  awesome, for real
Which makes me wonder why anyone would bother to re-do it.  I mean, the first time around it was cool when I was a dumb kid who didn't know any better and just liked to watch the car drive by itself.  As an adult?  I have a hard time even watching the old episodes.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 09:14:13 AM

IIRC, they made an attempt to give neo-Hoff some depth to his "mysterious background." It wasn't that successful.

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 03:08:56 PM

The show had tits, hot chicks and bad-cutaways of American cars attempting to go fast while cornering.

What could go wrong with a formula like that?

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 03:15:33 PM

I never understood why the Hoff ever got out of the damn car.

Given that KITT could hear anything at any range, see through walls, and shoot fricking laser beams all out the wazoo, all while being utterly impervious to anything short of a direct thermonuclear strike, I never really understood what part of the investigation actually required the permed one.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 03:22:03 PM

The show had tits, hot chicks and bad-cutaways of American cars attempting to go fast while cornering.

What could go wrong with a formula like that?

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 05:57:12 PM

This is, what, the fourth go at this franchise?

1. Original Knight Rider
2. Knight Rider 2010 (in the dystopian future and the car being a girlfriend hologram)
3. Knight Rider 2020 (with the Pontiac Banshee, Hoff introducing a chick driver, repulsor blasts and KITTs voice eventually)
4. Whatever-the-heck-this-is

Haven't watched it yet.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 07:52:38 PM

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 12:28:38 AM

I never understood why the Hoff ever got out of the damn car.

Given that KITT could hear anything at any range, see through walls, and shoot fricking laser beams all out the wazoo, all while being utterly impervious to anything short of a direct thermonuclear strike, I never really understood what part of the investigation actually required the permed one.
In the original Knight Rider I remember - not the 2010/2020/whatever - KITT had no weaponry of any kind, except perhaps for his jammer thingymabob which was occasionally used to stop helicopters from flying or something like that.  Also there was that one (or two, maybe it was a two-parter) episode with KARR where they equipped KITT with some kinda laser.  But I distinctly remember that KITT was specifically programmed to never harm a human (as opposed to KARR).

Also, missiles, bombs, and very large objects/vehicles could pose a hazard to KITT, like construction vehicles and such, so he wasn't completely impervious to everything.

....I really liked that show, ok?  I remember a lot about it.

Also, I saw the first episode of the new one and felt...lukewarm about it.  If I get a chance to see more I might like it or not care, but so far I don't care enough to actively go out of my way to watch.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 12:35:39 AM

Regarding the new show - this is the first time I've ever been considering watching something, saw the commercial for it, thought "fuck, that guy looks like a complete douch", and immediately decided not to watch it.

Also, KITT is TransAm, not an f'in Mustang.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 12:36:21 AM

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 02:20:38 AM

Why is there a Knight Rider thread?

Hasslehoff is a joke to everyone not German. Also, show was only cool when I was 7, and there's no such thing as a 7 year old with good taste.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 03:06:12 AM

Yeah, but then we have threads for sopa operas. If it is ok to talk about 90210 and Ugly Betty without having a Vagina, its hard to throw stones at a cool car with a leather jacket wearing parasite problem.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 04:53:38 AM

Hasslehoff is a joke to everyone not German.

FIFY
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 08:36:37 AM

Air wolf was better.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 09:20:37 AM

So I tried watching it on NBC.com. Made it through the first two commercial spots before giving up. I feel much much stupider for having done so.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 09:33:28 AM

Regarding the new show - this is the first time I've ever been considering watching something, saw the commercial for it, thought "fuck, that guy looks like a complete douch", and immediately decided not to watch it.

Also, KITT is TransAm, not an f'in Mustang.

Funny.. I thought the guy looked disturbingly like The Hoff.  I was seriously wondering "is this kid Hasselhoff's illigitimate son?"  Guess that explains the "looks like a complete douche" thing.

Agreed on the KITT thing.  It doesn't help I think the new Mustang looks like ass.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 09:51:04 AM

Why is there a Knight Rider thread?

Hasslehoff is a joke to everyone not German. Also, show was only cool when I was 7, and there's no such thing as a 7 year old with good taste.

Uh, there's a thread for every fucking show under the sun. I suffered through an episode, figured I'd let people know that the new version sucks too.

schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 10:26:02 AM

THERE'S A NEW KNIGHT RIDER?

blech
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 10:39:50 AM

Well, yeah. It's not like I necro'ed the Hoff days.

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 01:58:36 PM

Air wolf was better.

OMFG, please remake Air Wolf.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 02:10:04 PM

Will someone please think of The A-Team?  Who can be more deserving than them?

"Me am play gods"
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 02:11:50 PM

I got about 20 minutes into the show. They did everything wrong:

No backstory. You're dumped into camera work that is a poor imitation of ER season 1 with characters already on location in some consulate trying to intercept a "package" (because we're never told what it is). Then we quickly skip from womenizer Michael Taceur (Michael Knight was bad because...?) and superspy whatshername stealing something or other. Then we see the car which has quite an unfortunate voice (not the right combo of fun/smarmy that was the other incarnation) poke fun at some guards.

Then the car picks them up after doing some late-90s CGI transformation trick (they handled VIPER better imho bacl then), picks them up, gets firebombed by some of that chemical the Air Force dropped onto Nicholas Cage, they need to hit 375mph to go back in time to try and blow out the flame then they need to enter a tight tunnel to have the air sucked out of them before they lose what oxygen they have left. Meanwhile they had to almost entirely disrobe to purportedly reduce their core temperature but mostly just to drive the sexual allegory of the chase/fire/tunnel/air suckage.

That was the first 10 minutes.

You didn't care about the characters. You didn't care about the car beyond the momentary oh gee factor you were burned out on when you saw the transforming mask in Stargate (the movie). You didn't care about the mission you didn't know anything about. And you didn't care that KITT was surrounded by a team of about 20 people who had momentary side plots introduced.

They basically tried to sell this show in the first 20 minutes. What they missed every chance to do things right in my opinion.

But the biggest travesty was the car. It has been central to the franchise forever and they rushed through it as if they thought the people roles were more important.

On Air Wolf: Yes please.
On A-Team: Really? Would a modern audience even go for something like that and not think cheap knock-off of most recent action movies?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 02:20:12 PM

The back story y'all are bitching about was covered in the Movie that was aired last Winter/Spring.  How short our memories are.

It's still a bad show as it tries to be too serious, and lacks the fun/ camp of the first one. 

Oh, and as long as we're remaking 80's shows let's see Street Hawk and The Flash again!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 02:21:42 PM

Remaking the Flash would be cool, as there were some good shows there. The original wasn't even good enough to be remade, and I LIKED the original.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 02:57:26 PM

Will someone please think of The A-Team?  Who can be more deserving than them?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 04:46:00 PM

The back story y'all are bitching about was covered in the Movie that was aired last Winter/Spring.  How short our memories are.
Whu? When, where and can I watch it online?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 04:57:44 PM

Whu? When, where and can I watch it online?

TV movie, aired February 17th of this year.  We even discussed it here, IIRC. I know someone else pointed out it was obvious the kid was going to be Michael Knight's bastard son.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1114258/

No idea where you can find it online, as I'm not one who does that kind of thing.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 05:01:13 PM

All my efforts to turn this into a thread about silly pictures of the Hoff are for NAUGHT!

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 06:49:47 PM

Bah, the video they showed on IMDB for the Feb 17 episode sucked too. What is it with the people managing this show?!
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 02:26:34 AM

Hasslehoff is a joke to everyone not German.

He teared down the Berlin Wall and united our country with the power of his music, you know.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 28, 2008, 03:23:36 AM

He teared down the Berlin Wall and united our country with the power of his music, you know.

You guys are fucked.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Knight Rider  
Jump to: