Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Ugly Betty 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ugly Betty  (Read 4213 times)
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

on: September 25, 2008, 07:44:06 AM

Since there is a 90210 thread I figured an Ugly Betty thread was in order.

Who watches??

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 08:19:22 AM

I watched it in the beginning and it was kind of fun but then I drifted off.  I think Big Brother started or something.  You don't want to say anything.  Really.  I already know.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 08:28:27 AM

Well right now Betty has to choose between marrying Henry (which entails moving to Tuscon) or going to Italy with Gio.  The last episode ended with a plane flying away, so we get to see which choice she made!

It's actually in New York this season too!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:31:26 AM

You know she's going to go to Italy, don't you?  I mean, what sort of insanity would be having a TV show like this  from some daft place like Arizona??? 

No offense.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 10:34:32 AM

So Betty decided to not go with either of them and instead took a trip across the United States by herself.  When she came back Daniel started working for a Men's Magazine while Wilhelmina took over Mode magazine and was tearing through her budget.  Betty also got a crap apartment downtown and met a cute guy across the hall!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 12:46:13 PM

Well, at least she didn't go to Arizona.  I'll have to either pick up the DVDs at some point or catch the show in repeat.  I enjoyed it and I like the look of it.  One of the reasons I think I enjoy that show with the Pie guy (I forget the name) is because of the look.  I wish it was shown via On Demand.  I like On Demand.  It makes life easy and I don't have to try and remember anything.

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 12:58:35 PM

So you like Pushing Daises and Ugly Betty because they're both very colorful.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 01:31:00 PM

Well, that's not the only reason.  They're sort of fantasy-like, both the look and the overall plots.  The stories are entertaining without being very deep or anything.  I don't have to think or sort anything out, just watch.  And they're mostly happy, even when the characters get a wee bit angsty.  I think Pushing Daisies (thanks for remembering) is just gorgeous to look at.  And, well, you know - pie. 

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 02:06:03 PM

And Kristin Chenoweth.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 12:51:28 PM

Oh look.  FIOS just put this on VOD.  I wish they'd have started it over, though.  Maybe they will, eventually.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Ugly Betty  
Jump to: