Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:57:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Carnivale 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carnivale  (Read 4748 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

on: September 24, 2008, 06:14:19 PM

I borrowed the complete first series Box-set off my girlfriends old man and thought it might be a decent yarn at first glimpse , I am about 6 episodes in and I have to say so far this show has far surpassed my initial indication of decency and I'm enthralled. From the opening credits to the end it with some great actors(if a bit hammy at times), storylines, cinematography and some intriguing symbology, running parallels to the Dark Ages of Europe with the Dust storms of 30's middle America. So far it has hit on quite a few risque themes, even for an after the watershed production, from incest, paedophilia and glimpses female genitalia. I know the show got axed after series 2 which is a shame and concludes me that they had to rush out a quick fix ending like so many cult series before it (please don't answer this). I was wondering what people thought of series I? please no series II spoilers if possible.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:37:27 PM by schild »

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 07:02:51 PM

Loved Carnevale.  Really a shame it died before they could finish the story arc.

symbology

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:45:09 PM

I borrowed the complete first series Box-set off my girlfriends old man and thought it might be a decent yarn at first glimpse , I am about 6 episodes in and I have to say so far this show has far surpassed my initial indication of decency and I'm enthralled. From the opening credits to the end it with some great actors(if a bit hammy at times), storylines, cinematography and some intriguing symbology, running parallels to the Dark Ages of Europe with the Dust storms of 30's middle America. So far it has hit on quite a few risque themes, even for an after the watershed production, from incest, paedophilia and glimpses female genitalia. I know the show got axed after series 2 which is a shame and concludes me that they had to rush out a quick fix ending like so many cult series before it (please don't answer this). I was wondering what people thought of series I? please no series II spoilers if possible.
Ya, it does start out slow.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Me am play gods"
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 11:02:07 PM

Back when this was on, me and a group of people were watching it. They complained about the metaphors and similes being hard to understand, and I had no idea what they were talking about. I realized later my father (and to a lesser extent, me) talk just like the people on the show. WTF.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 07:27:43 AM

The show is amazing. The ending of Series 2 - it's abrupt and it's sort of an ending, but it's also one of those endings that should have been continued. It's worth watching from start to finish, though. A top-notch series.

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 07:29:18 AM

The wife and I loved this series and wept bitter tears when it was canceled. 
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 04:05:32 PM

Hbo cancels everything that is good :( 

I loved this series when it came out.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 07:25:16 PM

I watched all of this a month or two back.  It was fantastic.  Pity they canceled it.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 05:07:33 AM

Ok nearly finished the series now and they have somewhat introduced the Knights Templar things are hotting up, I'm beginning to see conspiracy theories on why the show was axed in the near future ;)

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Carnivale  
Jump to: