Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:44:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Be careful with crafting. You might lose your armor! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Be careful with crafting. You might lose your armor!  (Read 7308 times)
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

on: September 24, 2008, 09:47:43 AM

I was making potions in WAR. After I made one it asked "Would you like to make another?". Sure. I was skillng up and I had the mats.

After awhile I noticed I was looking somewhat naked. I should have noticed my armor being inserted as ingredients into the crafting dialog but didn't.

What a joke. Making potions ate most of my armor and made them into potions. I was really pissed. Luckily it was renown armor so I went and helped take a keep and was able to replace most of it.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 10:35:08 AM

wait, what?  ACK!

Did you use that UI mod thing?

EDIT: Also, were the potions any good?  why so serious?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 12:28:16 PM

No mods and the potions were the same. I tried to use my armor later to test and it wouldn't even let me put it into the slots. What a crappy bug.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 12:29:47 PM

That is the weirdest bug I've heard of in YEARS.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 12:31:02 PM

And you guys still play this game?  swamp poop

- Viin
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 12:32:55 PM

Still? It's been out a week. 

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 12:37:09 PM

I don't craft in Mythic games so all it means to me is a funny story.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 12:46:52 PM

The relative low value of gold/money in the game doesn't really make this thing a huge deal.  It's an inconvenience, sure. But it's not like he lost 1k in WoW three years ago from a mount bug. (a much bigger deal)

I'm lvl 17 and I've got 20+ gold, more than enough to buy my mount at 20.  Then what?  Armor.  That's about it, from what I can see.  If I become really concerned about talisman costs post-20, I'll respec into it for self-use.  I'll be broke if I do it, but without armor repair costs, all that's left is healer and flight costs.

I really appreciate the fact that there's no money grind in this game and that the crafting is entirely optional. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 12:52:41 PM

You won't even be buying armor later. It costs practically nothing. Money is a non-issue. But then, Viin saying that while he spends time in a game where you can lose everything while moving your shit from one place to another is totally laughable. Though I suppose that doesn't matter if you're a lamprey on a bigger fleet awesome, for real
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 12:55:27 PM

You need to take some trolling lessons from Cevik imo.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 01:34:56 PM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 03:04:55 PM

You need to take some trolling lessons from Cevik imo.

You're right, I'm new at this.

Just giving you guys a hard time. I'm glad folks are enjoying it, it's hard to find something that'll be fun for more than just a couple weeks these days.

- Viin
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 03:12:10 PM

I saw something that I think relates to this. I was making Talismans this morning to skill up, and I tried putting in some of the ingredients that take 25 skill. It said, "Your Apothecary skill is not high enough to use this item." Uh-oh, I thought--that *could* be just a cosmetic mix-up of two text fields, but I wonder if it isn't something more deeply screwy about the crafting skills being intermingled. Now I'm sure of it.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 04:03:02 PM

I'm glad folks are enjoying it, it's hard to find something that'll be fun for more than just a couple weeks these days.

I'm never optimistic about a MMO making it past the free month for me nowadays.  WAR might make it, don't know yet.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 09:15:34 AM

I had a weirdness with salvaging last night. I salvaged some "salvaged equipment" which made something whose name I forget. Silent something or other. Which said "salvage 10 of these to make one Essence." So I split out a group of 10 and put them on a separate line. Selected my salvaging tool and left-clicked. Nothing happens. So I right-click to remove the salvage icon and get the regular cursor. Somewhere along the way I think I right-clicked on the stack of 10 and they disappeared. Gone. Nowhere to be found. Bug?

Later found that I had to select the salvage tool and RIGHT-CLICK on the stack to get it to salvage the essence, whereas I left-click to salvage equipment. Doesn't that seem weird?

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 09:26:47 AM

The crafting really feels to me like the slow kid on the Mythic staff was given the assignment to make a crafting system at midnight about a day before beta started, and he only got a bit of it done, and then was told at midnight three days before live to finish it up. In the long annals of MMOGs treating crafting as an afterthought, Warhammer is close to getting the Short Bus Award for Special Achievement.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 09:35:53 AM

The crafting really feels to me like the slow kid on the Mythic staff was given the assignment to make a crafting system at midnight about a day before beta started, and he only got a bit of it done, and then was told at midnight three days before live to finish it up. In the long annals of MMOGs treating crafting as an afterthought, Warhammer is close to getting the Short Bus Award for Special Achievement.

If your talking about coding wise, sure. Other than that i think some credit is due here, this system (and the things you craft) basicly removes some of the problems in most other MMO's, mainly crafting weapions and armor (gear) and all the issues that come with it in other games. Such as mudafacation, uselessness, the age old argument of Crafted VS. Looted effectiveness, ETC...

Its ALL consumables. They only need to focus on Loot balance, everything else doesn't exist.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 10:15:31 AM

I'm talking about the coding. You don't get much credit for having a broadly good idea about how to do crafting and then forgetting to actually, you know, design the specifics.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 01:39:08 PM

WAR didn't revolutionize crafting by only making it consumable based, they just took existing models and stripped away other professions. WAR has two crafting professions, two.

Alchemy and talisman making.

All the rest are gathering skills used in those two professions, war has a lot going for it but the crafting is half assed and overly complicated. What the hell do you need to get cultivated items and scavaged items(two gathering skills and you can't have both) just to level alchemy?(later on you'll need higher quality glass vials from scavenging or your recipes will all fail)

conversely talisman making also needs salvaging and scavenging for items.

Butchering? Looks just like another version of cultivating but some potions can only be made with butchered items.

So what do we have here, only two actual professions that rely on 2-3 gathering skills each and a player can only have one.

Perhaps you'll say this fosters teamwork but to me it's just a huge pain in the ass. Having to rely on others for pvp and pve is one thing but must every aspect of the game require this? can't i just make potions on my own?

This game lacks variety in the crafting department beyond consumables(talismans don't count as consumable because you will eventually be making all permanent ones) hell even furniture would be neat, imo all games need homes a la EQ2

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 05:00:58 PM

Later found that I had to select the salvage tool and RIGHT-CLICK on the stack to get it to salvage the essence, whereas I left-click to salvage equipment. Doesn't that seem weird?

I just right click it without even selecting the salvaging tool and it converts. Hm!

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Be careful with crafting. You might lose your armor!  
Jump to: