Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:14:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Leaving for three-ish weeks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leaving for three-ish weeks  (Read 4970 times)
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

on: September 22, 2008, 06:20:11 PM

Just a heads up that I'll be busting a wedding/honeymoon for three weeks as of wednesday, but I will return on Stennya/Stenna, woefully newb-like compared to the rest of the guild.  But don't kick me, I promise I'll be back. :)
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 06:54:27 PM

Just a heads up that I'll be busting a wedding/honeymoon for three weeks as of wednesday, but I will return on Stennya/Stenna, woefully newb-like compared to the rest of the guild.  But don't kick me, I promise I'll be back. :)

Heh, Sianne and i will be doing the same in about a month.

Edit:  Congratulations!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:27:49 AM by amiable »
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:41:07 PM

Depending on how much of a bitch at&t is this year, I may have no internet until thanksgiving.

Gonna be lonely in Bat Country
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 02:44:18 AM

Wait, WHAT?
Eia
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:23:04 AM

Congratulations to both soon-to-be wed couples :)

I'll be disappearing for a little while soon because I'm currently 8 months and three weeks pregnant  ACK!
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:34:10 AM

Hospitals have wifi these days, eia. No excuse.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 10:19:07 AM

Depending on how much of a bitch at&t is this year, I may have no internet until thanksgiving.

Gonna be lonely in Bat Country

Is AT&T gonna seize your internetz or something?
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

At&t claims there is no dsl available where I had it the last year with at&t and 2 years before that with sbc. And that it was never available at that location. I hope to get it sorted, but it seems the SBC/AT&T merger still isn't complete.

And I'm not going to do dialup.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 11:03:59 AM

We just adopted a kitten so we might be a little scarce until we can get the computer room into a state where she won't get lost for a week at a time.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 03:23:07 PM

This is how it fuken' started in AoC. Everyone had a perfectly good reason to take a short leave after the first 7 days... please tell me it's not happening again. Not like this.

schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 03:29:39 PM

Eh? People left AoC because it turned into poopy and most folks had a 40 after one week and knew what was happening.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 03:33:55 PM

Eh? People left AoC because it turned into poopy and most folks had a 40 after one week and knew what was happening.

Honestly, if there's a game that will make this group of people last, it's WAR.  It's casual enough for some, but still has enough hardcore catassing for others.  It's a fucking superb waste of time, imo.  I'll bet Bat Country has a much longer longevity than other games it's tried.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 04:08:11 PM

Wow, I can't believe I started an actual thread with this announcement.

And no, in my case it isn't at all a harbinger of doom.  I was kinda hoping the game would be released after this whole "marriage" thing, but what can ya do.  I am absolutely enjoying the hell out of this game at the moment, far more than any recent release.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 07:29:06 PM

Ingmar scolded our kitten for keeping him from leveling, if that makes you feel better.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

God Save the Horn Players
Eia
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 08:35:43 PM

I scheduled having the baby specifically to interfere with levelling my runepriest, it's true! evil
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 04:35:22 AM

This is how it fuken' started in AoC. Everyone had a perfectly good reason to take a short leave after the first 7 days... please tell me it's not happening again. Not like this.

You got us.  The wedding and honeymoon Sianne and I have had planned for over year is a clever attempt to leave a failing game guilt free.  Consider ourselves served.

I think your powers of deduction would be better served solving cirmes.  Go now, for the good of the city!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 05:52:51 AM

To be honest Amiable, I wasn't really deducting. More like jinxing the doomcasting. Usually if you predict something it doesn't happen. So, as I want this thing to last, I tried to seal the bad omens away. We'll see if it works soon enough...

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 06:54:19 AM

To be honest Amiable, I wasn't really deducting. More like jinxing the doomcasting. Usually if you predict something it doesn't happen. So, as I want this thing to last, I tried to seal the bad omens away. We'll see if it works soon enough...

True, their has been quite a bit of Cassandra-ing on this game.  Maybe thats why this game will last. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Leaving for three-ish weeks  
Jump to: