Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:05:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Jboots Retrival 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jboots Retrival  (Read 4699 times)
djjansen

Email
on: November 08, 2004, 10:46:03 PM

hey.. all...

I live in australia, and I have my "pre-order" cds..

I havent got the game yet, but have an existing station account from an active  eq1 game.

I tried to goto the webpage to retrive my jboots... but it says my key is invalid.

Do you have to have logged into the EQ2 game and started playing before you can activate this retrieval????
Lanei
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 11:21:46 PM

You probably need to activate an EQ2 subscription with the code on the real game CDs before you can claim it.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 05:09:26 AM

I read on the official EQ2 boards that JBpoots do not stack with a scout's Pathfinding ability and that makes them, therefore, useless for scout characters.

Lovin' it already....

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 06:43:40 AM

Quote from: Lanei
You probably need to activate an EQ2 subscription with the code on the real game CDs before you can claim it.

Gee, that's exactly what the 'known issues' page says. Yay new posters.

Oh wait, we are usefully cynical, now. Here:

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/news_archive.vm?section=Headline&id=236
Invalid Pre-Order keys – When  trying to register your account key for the Pre-Order JBoots, you need  to first setup your EverQuest 2 account and activate billing.  Once this is done, click on “Account”  from the EQ2 LaunchPad, then “Edit Billing” for EQ2.  You will then have a “Add JBoots” button you can click on to register your key.  The link you may have been given to  register the JBoots, will no longer work.

Try the official site before asking on a site that pretty much doesn't like EQ2.

You really want to play WoW. Please.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 07:36:15 AM

Quote from: Sky

I finally got registered for an open beta account and -- no wonder of course -- the download comes in at somewhere between 1.5 to 2 days to complete!

The P2P client downloader is an interesting idea, but I seemed to have a much higher upload count than download. After letting it run overnight and still only being 13% downloaded this morning, I hit the cancel button. Maybe next week when fewer are trying to download it. Then again, Blizzard said "we may not have enough capacity on the server and not everyone may get to play" -- fair enough, it's free, but it sure seems tough to get into WoW pre-release..../whining off

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 07:49:26 AM

Quote from: Sobelius

I finally got registered for an open beta account and -- no wonder of course -- the download comes in at somewhere between 1.5 to 2 days to complete!

The P2P client downloader is an interesting idea, but ...

.. an incredibly poor implementation, especially when every current MMO has a better solution already implemented.

I got my key for EQ2 beta, and had little problems getting my account registered, and it took about 5, 5 and a half hours to download the 4 gigs of game data via the EQ2 patcher.

It took hours of refreshing to get the WoW signup page to come up and stay up long enough to get my account info in, and 12 hours into the much smaller download I'm only 75% complete.

Any dreams that Blizzard would bring polish and finish to the MMOG industry I think have been pretty well shattered at this point.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 08:16:39 AM

Or you can just get to level 12 in CoH and get any number of powers that'll whip JBoots' sorry ass.  Let's see, I can either leap tall buildings, fly, run around like the Flash, and teleport or I can put on a pair of gay boots and go 25% faster.

Let it not be said that I'm the worldest biggest City of Heroes fanboy.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 09:29:49 AM

Hey, I'm a transluscent, flying, regenerating harbinger of death from the depths of space. I'd never give that up for some gheyboots.

I'd like my cake, and I'll eat it, too, dammit.

(Note: Harbinger of Death effectiveness falls off dramatically above level 29, as Cosmo is still only lvl 26 ;)
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 11:41:30 AM

Speaking of the booties, is this only redeemable for one character? I think I'll hold off on redemption until the server choice confusion dies down in a week or so...and I decide what character I'll actually be playing...
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 05:22:31 PM

Yeah -- I think the JBoots are 1 character redeemable only.

Played quite a bit today and squeezed as much exploration/questing/combat as I could out of the Isle of Refuge before leaving.  My video card (GF3Ti200, 128 RAM, running under XP with 768 MB Ram and a P3 1.2 CPU held up fine, if slightly choppy during some heavy group battles. Even Freeport wasn't too bad, once I got there. Still, I sincerely hope it will run much smoother when I upgrade my system next year (if I'm even still playing it).

I was not expecting miracles from EQ2 so it held up OK. Off to play CoH now and enjoy its graphical sweet smoothness.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 01:34:30 PM

I'm a bit ticked at Gamespot, when I preordered 4 months ago they were out of character creation CD's. I didn't care at that point because, I knew it was on a bitorrent site and I had already payed for it.

I didn't know about the Jboot deal. So when I pick up the game, knowing about the Jboots they inform me they have not had any for two weeks and "Sorry."

I then cancelled my order for WOW with them.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 06:47:57 AM

I wouldn't sweat not having jboots. It hasn't reduced the amount mobs smack me when I'm running away. It's like a 1% speed boost or something miniscule like that. If you want to travel faster, play a scout. The first level I got the scout buff, it was many times faster than the jboots my summoner has.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Jboots Retrival  
Jump to: