Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:44:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Mega Man 9 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 9  (Read 4091 times)
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

on: September 22, 2008, 04:04:53 PM

Do you like Mega Man 2?

If your answer was yes, buy MM9 now. awesome, for real

Do you hate Mega Man?

Fuck you.
OcellotJenkins
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 05:15:07 PM

I probably racked up more time on Mega Man 2 than any other NES game.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 11:09:24 AM

I never played any of the Megaman games back in the day and recently was jonesing for some old 8-bit action so I picked up the Megaman Anthology (or whatever it was called) for my recently purchased Gamecube. My God. Was Megaman really this hard or am I, at the ripe old age of 39, just too far gone to be able to tackle these games?! I mean, I like it and all but it's pretty hardcore for someone like me who hasn't done much platforming in 15-20 years or so. I can still pick up and play Ninja Gaiden now and again, but this seems even more brutal than that was.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
OcellotJenkins
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 02:19:22 PM

My God. Was Megaman really this hard or am I, at the ripe old age of 39, just too far gone to be able to tackle these games?!

That is the main complaint I've heard about MM9, that it is frustratingly hard.  I still plan on getting it (when it is released on XBOX Live first of October?).  I too have the anthology and found it to be way more difficult that I remembered.  I know my my skills have degraded considerably since 1988 and that is certainly part of it.  It seems like I read somewhere though that unlike the originals, the re-releases do not have the lowest difficulty setting anymore.  I'm too lazy to look for a link but if true, this might be why I used to blow through the bosses lickity split as a kid and now downright suck.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 04:22:52 PM

Megaman was frustratingly hard for 1 and 2 and 2 is widely considered the best megaman. 3 is considered the best megaman by bad gamers.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 04:46:23 PM

If I am remembering correctly, it was the gamecube version that was pretty much broken due to the jump and fire buttons being reversed from what they were in the actual NES games.  Well, "broken" if you had any real playtime with the games back in the day, I suppose somebody completely new to the series might not have that problem.

And yes, the early mega man games were pretty hard.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 06:08:03 PM

Megaman was frustratingly hard for 1 and 2 and 2 is widely considered the best megaman. 3 is considered the best megaman by bad gamers.

Ah, so MM3 = SMB2, the one Mario game I could beat everytime. :D Guess I know which one I'm firing up later on.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 06:10:18 PM

Mario 2 isn't a Mario game. It's Doki Doki Panic reskinned.

Mega Man 3 is more like Mario 3.
Driakos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 10:33:16 PM

I crushed most of the NES Megaman games, and I might be punched for saying this, but I had the most fun playing Megaman X for SNES.

I'll still get 9 for the Hexbox.

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 08:21:30 AM

I might be punched for saying this, but I had the most fun playing Megaman X for SNES.
Is it not cool to like the Mega Man X games? I thought they were awesome...
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 01:55:05 PM

The early Mega Man X games were mostly made of win.  Unless you are talking about loving a specific one like X7 or something, I don't see why anybody would have a problem.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Mega Man 9  
Jump to: