Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:12:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Question about Salvaging 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about Salvaging  (Read 2406 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

on: September 22, 2008, 04:55:02 AM

So basically this is a disenchant skill, with the additional wrinkle that you can salvage some greens found in disrepair. But what I can't figure out is why you can't salvage all greens/blues. It's really weird: I can't salvage any belts, from what I can see. Is that right? On some armor or weapon items, I'll get no message at all two or three times, and then suddenly it will salvage (with my skill having not changed in the interim), or on others, I'll get a message that says my level isn't high enough to salvage that particular item only after it runs through the timer as if it's going to salvage.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 07:07:34 AM

Because it's broken.

There is no rhyme or reason why you can't disenchant some items and disenchant others.

I've had two items with the exact same stats, level requirement, item type - everything exactly the same except name, and one would disenchant. The other would not.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 08:41:30 AM

Ok, good to know. I was getting really annoyed with it, because it seemed broken to me too. Any official recognition of its brokenness? (I know, I'll check the official forums...oh.)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 01:04:44 PM

Salvaging seems to have been put in about 10 minutes before open beta, so ... yeah.

What's been infuriating me is how annoying it is to raise that skill. I'm THIS CLOSE to saying "fuck it" and going back and picking up butchery and alchemy (apothecary, whatever). At least with butchering I can give our insane cultivators nutrients. ><

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Question about Salvaging  
Jump to: