Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:00:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Server choice -- where are folks planning on playing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Server choice -- where are folks planning on playing?  (Read 7872 times)
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

on: November 08, 2004, 03:40:03 PM

I bought the pre-order before I started playing Guild Wars.

Now I'm loathe to try it, but I'm enough of a gaming junkie to give it a go. If it feels too much like a second job I'll leave it -- just I did the first EQ back in '99 after I came to the conclusion corpse runs were just an un-fun game within the game.

So, unless BC has already made a server choice, I'll offer "Crushbone" as a server choice on which BC members might congregate (and form a guild). I'm planning on going the dark side route -- as an assassin, eventually.

[man I love that there is no need for server selection in GW]

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 04:11:44 PM

OK -- 30 views of this topic and no one replies?

If you're wondering what the server choices are, check out the IGN EQ2 Vault -- they have server boards up with the names of the 10 or so servers.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 04:36:20 PM

I'd normally look at whatever server the uberguilds were deciding on and go with the opposite. But judging by the ubermessage uberboards of uberdom (ps you are just jealous), they are picking the WoW server (and you suck).

Did you just suggest going to the vault? What the hell is wrong with you?
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 08:32:41 PM

I'm not a Vault fan though I play one on TV.

I suggested it only because I had no clue as to where else the server names might be....apologies if the vault name cau-zed a stinketh.

So if I read you right and you speaketh for all the esteemed personages who read here, there is no f13 presence in EQ2 -- at least not that anyone wants to admit to -- and I should go flog myself and drive hot needles into my eyes then slice my throat with a razor and jump in a tub of acid for even suggesting I try EQ2 in retail and that WoW will be as manna from heaven to soothe my inner gaming itch for at least another 3 months?

Welll...OK. I'm guessing you're right...

Aenovae
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 09:09:43 PM

Most of f13 is in love with World of Warcraft, and hates even the thought of EverQuest 2 with a passion.

Those few that are playing probably have prior engagements with their multi-game guilds or whatever.

Myself, I'm going to join my guild on the ar-pee server.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 09:11:20 PM

Quote from: Aenovae
Most of f13 is in love with World of Warcraft, and hates even the thought of EverQuest 2 with a passion.

I take exception to this comment.  I find the both of them equally loathesome.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 09:24:06 PM

OK guys -- all I was asking for is whether anyone who is playing EQ2 has picked a server. From the resounding silent reponse to this thread -- other than the kind posts above -- my guess is that no answer means just that -- no server is picked, likely because no one from f13 is really going into EQ2 retail. Cool. No problem.

I've stayed out of the EQ2 vs WoW debates because I find them pointless. Guild Wars and it's fresh approach is making it hard for me to think that WoW or EQ2 will be anything other than the same old same old -- grindage, fedex quests, having to be high level before getting to enjoy the game, etc.

That said, I'm nevertheless trying to download the WoW Beta, and I will try both WoW and EQ2 because I'm open minded enough (and maybe stupid enough?) to try these games and judge for myself. Hell, I even beta tested Horizons and AC2, but never subscribed or bought them. (Horizons did have one redeeming feature -- it's database interface for inventory and merchants, with the sorting capabilities, was the best I've ever seen.)

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 10:01:22 PM

If I try EQ2, it'll be at least 3 months from now.   WoW I'm probably going to get a couple of weeks to a month after it gets released.
Sable Blaze
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 03:01:01 AM

I'm on Najena. I'm still experimenting, but going to try and stick with this server. Look Alecto up if you decide to hang your hat there.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 05:17:00 AM

I'll probably be on Antonia Bayle (the RP server). I have to pop over and pick-up my pre-order today or tomorrow. So anyhow, yeah, that's where I'll be.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 06:27:52 AM

I ordered EQ2 from amazon as well so I'll be playing.

I don't know which server yet as I'm waiting to hear from a friend who is trying to organize everyone onto the same server.  I'll be picking whichever server he and his wife choose.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 06:49:35 AM

So if I read you right and you speaketh for all the esteemed personages who read here

Bwahaha. Yeah, that's me! I LOVE PONIES! Which of course means we all love ponies. Hey, I like this spokesman gig! Free beer! Groupies!

I'll probably jump on the RP server aka Rollergirl server. If only because I feel it will be the least popular. I wasn't kidding when I said the uberdorks made it tough, because they will eventually come to EQ2 and that means starting over at some point down the road if I picked a server they infect. I doubt they'll infect the rp server, but who knows?

And the people in love with WoW will hate it in a couple months. Then it's GW. Then TNBT. Nothing new to see, move along.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 07:55:37 AM

Quote from: Aenovae

Which is freekin' hilarious, given that WoW is more like EQ1 than EQ2 is.  The only difference at this point is the lore and races, and the factional PvP on all servers.  Other than that, it's basically just like EQ1.

Although I'm D/Ling the WoW open beta as I type this... I'll prolly not be buying it, and will be purchasing EQ2 in a few months.  My buddy who preordered seems to have chosen 'Guk' as his server, so I'll prolly be there.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #13 on: November 09, 2004, 08:16:50 AM

So if I read you right and you speaketh for all the esteemed personages who read here, there is no f13 presence in EQ2 -- at least not that anyone wants to admit to

Now that you mention it, I'm a little curious. Who's actually playing?
kemmyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 09, 2004, 08:48:29 AM

there were some old WT'ers who got together for FFXI and started a guild.  Those of us going to EQ2 are going to be playing on Najena as well.

About 1/2 of us are doing EQ2 and 1/2 doing WoW.  Feel free to look up Kemmyn - i think there are going to be around a dozen people making the migration.  Probably will level to about 20 then make a guild of some sort.

More info at our board:
http://www.cyberthreat.net/catass (click on EQ2 subforum)

It's a little sparce now, but i imagine it will start jumping again over the next 48 hours.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #15 on: November 09, 2004, 09:03:40 AM

Quote from: Sobelius

So if I read you right and you speaketh for all the esteemed personages who read here, there is no f13 presence in EQ2 -- at least not that anyone wants to admit to -- and I should go flog myself and drive hot needles into my eyes then slice my throat with a razor and jump in a tub of acid

That won't be necessary. You've already said you're buying EQ2. Anything we would suggest as punishment would be mild in comparison.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #16 on: November 09, 2004, 09:31:46 AM

My group will be on Permafrost. Ebonlore, the uberguild of ebaying and packet sniffing cheaters, has chosen Unrest.

I have never played WoW.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: November 09, 2004, 10:27:37 AM

My copy was delivered this morning from EB but I won't be playing for a while.  I've decided to play WoW and let EQ2 get a bit crispier.  Maybe there will still be a couple of you playing in a few months or so, when I decide to give it a go.  WoW's ease of gameplay and lack of any demands on my brain just suits me at this point in time.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: November 09, 2004, 11:41:23 AM

Quote from: kemmyn
Guild whoring.

Comeon now, you know better.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 10, 2004, 06:46:31 AM

Once I get my copy I will be heading to the Permafrost server. Char name is still undecided.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 17, 2004, 08:13:38 AM

Quote from: Sable Blaze
I'm on Najena. I'm still experimenting, but going to try and stick with this server. Look Alecto up if you decide to hang your hat there.

Bah started here thinking the server name was lame enough to avoid masses.  Boy that was wrong.  When the server climbed to Heavy and then FULL ....

Lucan RP server - moved last week.  Just formed a guild:  The Abbey.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 17, 2004, 12:57:06 PM

I finally got my copy yesterday...

I am now a level 6 scout on Permafrost named Lerk (best name from the random generator I could get).
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 17, 2004, 03:17:10 PM

I'm playing on Steamfont, Dark Elf named Fingol.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Flashman
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 18, 2004, 08:13:27 AM

I'm on Lucan DLere, the other RP server.

Name is Arnan, human lvl 10 crusader.  Also just joined a small group of mature casual players if any of you are interested.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 21, 2004, 08:53:03 PM

2 Characters Aiden and Daer on Antonia Bayle.

Feeling decidedly unwelcome with all the spam messages about moving to less populated servers and now the free transfers.
AlteredOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 22, 2004, 12:05:39 PM

Nektulos server, fighter named Boarshead and mage named Kuhlhand.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Server choice -- where are folks planning on playing?  
Jump to: