Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:20:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey '08-'09 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Hockey '08-'09  (Read 96993 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: September 18, 2008, 07:17:40 AM

New NHL Fantasy Hockey League set up. In fact, it's just like last year's league, only it's this year!

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/43070

League Name: Bat Country
Password: catass
League ID: 43070
Roster Positions:   C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR
Stat Categories:   G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, L, GA, SV, SHO
Stat Modifiers:   G (5), A (3), +/- (1), PIM (.1), PPP (2), SHP (3), GWG (1), FW (.1), W (5), L (-2), GA (-1), SV (.275), SHO (5)

Start discussion of how to unfuck the stats....

Wait for it

NOW.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:39:46 AM

Haven't looked yet- how far do they deviate from the Yahoo vanilla league categories?

Oh, and please set max games as high as possible. Having to bench top players because they play the wrong position in the last week of the season is bullshit.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:20:31 AM

Max games are set at 100. It won't let me set them any higher.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 10:25:00 AM

I fucking hate that max game shit.

Anyway.

WHO LIKES TO WAGER??

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 10:26:39 AM

If we did H2H, it would allow us to remove the max games stuff. But points and rotisserie both require it. Fuckers.

WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 10:55:32 AM

H2h licks bag, especially in a sport when one team can get more games in than its opponent during a given week due to the vagaries of the schedule. Even worse in baseball when your opponent gets to pitch his ace twice during the week.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 11:39:48 AM

In it for the threepeat!

Edit to add: Going to Penguins training camp in a few minutes!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:07:06 AM by Phildo »
WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 08:22:27 AM

Give Sid a kick in the sack for me.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 05:06:20 PM

How's Miro look on Crosby's line?

I was always afraid of him when he played the Penguins. He was a real Penguin killer.

Though, looking at his stats, he didn't really seem to show up against.... well, any other team.

And, uh... speaking of Islanders... Trent Hunter was always a Penguin killer too. So.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 05:17:38 PM

Honestly, I was actually pretty much disappointed in general by the Penguins signing in the offseason.

Losing Hossa, Malone, Roberts, Laraque, Ruutu and gaining Satan, Fedotenko, and Goddard?

Really though?

Yeah, I understand Malone wanted way too much. Roberts' career is over (he'll played half the season, if that, and be largely ineffective). Laraque and Ruutu unquestionably wanted more than they were worth. Hossa was a fag and jumped to our rival, so we had little control over that.

But son of a bitch... replace them with some quality. Fuck. Honestly. Miro is waning, he's on the downside of his career. If he had a RSH, maybe. Goddard is an UNDENIABLY MASSIVE step down from the heavyweight champ of the league. Fedotenko is a total question mark - I've liked him in the past, but I can see him doing absolutely jack shit, too. And he's no Ryan Malone, that's for damn sure.

Yeah, our core is intact. We kept Malkin and Fleury and we'll hopefully keep Staal. We even kept Orpik, which is good. I just sincerely doubt we see a Stanley Cup Final this year in the 'Burgh. We need a strong young hotshot winger, frankly.

Then we need a coach. Cough.

Edit: Would have been fucking nice to sign Kovalev coming out of the  lockout for 4.5m. Too much money, everyone said at the time. Fuck, I agreed. But does that contract ever look nice right about now. 4.5m for Kovalev.... playing with Crosby? Son of a bitch.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:22:07 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 05:40:16 PM

Satan had 1 or 2 goals in the scrimmage, including an extremely sweet redirect from Crosby.  They played pretty well together, and Fedotanko got a sweet goal during the shootout after the scrimmage.  Sykora also had some nice goals, including a slapshot from way out through a good screen.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 10:13:24 PM

Gonchar is injured already?

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_589358.html?source=rss&feed=8

Gonchar, an alternate captain and the club's power-play quarterback, left the game midway through the opening period after he was driven into the boards in the Penguins' zone by Lightning forward David Koci. Gonchar, favoring his left arm, headed for the dressing room at the next break in play and did not return.

The Penguins are already down two regular defensemen: Ryan Whitney, out until at least December after August surgery to correct a left foot deformity, and Rob Scuderi, day-to-day with bruised ribs.

Another Penguins' defenseman, Mark Eaton, missed several shifts after blocking a shot in the second period. He returned to the game and Therrien said "he's alright."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 10:48:49 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 05:46:47 PM

Any chance we can set live draft back to at least 6:30pm EST, if not somewhat later? Please? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 12:15:55 PM

That's fine by me.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 12:53:50 PM

Honestly, I was actually pretty much disappointed in general by the Penguins signing in the offseason.

Losing Hossa, Malone, Roberts, Laraque, Ruutu and gaining Satan, Fedotenko, and Goddard?

Really though?

Hossa? Pens only rented him and he did have big post-season, but they could easily replace his presence with similar trade deadline deal in '09.

Malone? Overrated, correct decision to let him go, at least at the price he was asking. Someone else will have to step up, maybe they can swing trade for younger up and coming power forward that gels with squad.

Roberts, Laraque? No big loss… …I like Laraque but by season end he didn't have much of a role. Roberts was a good role player, but players rising to the challenge for those spots are a dime a dozen…

Ruutu? Addition by subtraction here. I can see where fans can be fond of him, but from my vantage point, he careless with puck possession, takes stupid penalties, really is just a clown on the ice that doesn't really intimidate or pester anybody, which is his MO.

Fedotenko? I like, but /agree is ?. We'll see… 

Satan? On the down arc of his career, but might be some magic left, especially as a linemate for Sid and/or Geno.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 01:55:46 PM

The point is that they did not upgrade. They downgraded.

They are not the team that rolled through the eastern conference in the playoffs.

Close to it? Maybe, depends. We'll have to wait and see.

But they're not as good. I don't think that's in question.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 02:20:21 PM

The point is that they did not upgrade. They downgraded.

They are not the team that rolled through the eastern conference in the playoffs.

Close to it? Maybe, depends. We'll have to wait and see.

But they're not as good. I don't think that's in question.

I question whether Fleury is the goalie to take them there. He did exceed my expectations in Cup run but he still let too many in that he should have stopped…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 04:30:21 PM

Any chance we can set live draft back to at least 6:30pm EST, if not somewhat later? Please? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Done. The live draft is now tomorrow at 6:30 EST (5:30 CDT).

Any other changes in points?

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 03:28:07 PM

Every one of you except for Azaroth is a cock for not showing up.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 04:19:57 PM

I picked multiple Canucks.

I am a cock.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 12:16:40 AM

I want to amend my previous statement to include Haemish who skidded in right at the buzzer to make his team somewhat decent.
WayAbvPar

Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 12:53:17 PM

I forgot all about it. The computer did a decent job for me, luckily.

Strazos

Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 02:18:08 PM

Heh, same.  And I was online with WAP when I figured we both forgot. awesome, for real

Sorry, it was a bad day at work and it totally slipped my mind.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 10:32:47 PM

DOH. Thanks to Mandrel, I figured out that you CAN remove the Max games restriction. It's just that the option for "No Maximum" is at the top of the dropdown instead of the bottom, where it logically should be. Fucking logic.

Anyway, I've removed the max game bullshit. HOORAY!

WayAbvPar

Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 09:04:08 AM

Sweet!

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 11:19:16 AM

Nooooooooo, stop taking away things that helped me win!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 08:00:29 PM

"SO OUR PRESEASON IS WINDING DOWN!!!!"

This is what was exclaimed on the hockey show I'm watching right now.

FUCK NO SHIT.

It's been going on for a MONTH. Half of the teams have SERIOUS INJURIES.

I realize that the owners like the extra money without having to pay anyone... but holy fuck. At least make the games count toward the standings so that these players are getting injured for a BIT of a reason?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 04, 2008, 05:34:30 PM

Markus Naslund - on pace for 83 goals.

I MIGHT consider a trade for Ovechkin or Crosby.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos

Reply #28 on: October 04, 2008, 06:43:07 PM

Dropped Whitney...whoops. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 06:59:56 AM

Malone? Overrated, correct decision to let him go, at least at the price he was asking. Someone else will have to step up, maybe they can swing trade for younger up and coming power forward that gels with squad.

You're going to miss him a lot more than you think. Especially in the playoffs.  Satan looked pretty decent next to Crosby in pre-season.  Maybe he's in decline, but he can still shoot.

Pens overall though, did not improve their team.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 07:02:56 AM by Special J »
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 08:22:20 AM

I thought Miro looked like crap.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 11, 2008, 04:55:50 PM

Son of a bitch. Has my lack of faith in The Dark Lord cost me fantasy points tonight?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 11, 2008, 07:07:58 PM

Oh man. In the opening of the Calgary/Vancouver game, they had this nine year old kid skate out with a Flames jersey on as an honourary this or that.

Kid proceeded to trip over a huge fucking wire that was getting dragged around the ice by the camera crew. Fell right on his ass on national television.

Think you could clear a path for the kid? Poor fucker is scarred for life now.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos

Reply #33 on: October 11, 2008, 07:29:53 PM

Damn...Was there blood?
 Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 11, 2008, 07:35:43 PM

No, but there will be in this CGY/VAN game.

The Iginla/Mitchell fight was awesome.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey '08-'09  
Jump to: