Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:25:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Plague Dogs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Plague Dogs  (Read 2646 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

on: September 17, 2008, 12:31:05 AM

Lesser known western animated feature. Like Watership Down in it's bleakness... Except with dogs (written by the author of Watership as well). I first saw it when I was 7-ish or so - my old man picked it up at the library, thinking it'd be a kid's cartoon. I turned out crying my eyes out instead. I recommend it for all kids! Not enough of them understand death and cruelty well enough.  why so serious?

Also, it's still quite capable of making adults cry. Powerful film.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 02:23:09 AM

Powerful like Grave of the Fireflies or powerful like Bambi?
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 02:53:18 AM

Hmm, that's a tough one actually. A little of both, I guess.. Probably closer to Grave of the Fireflies. Think Bambi meets Grave meets.... Thelma and Louise (lol).

Anyhow, even if you find yourself not too depressed by it, you'll probably find yourself entertained anyways. Good enough.

[edit] It's a hard film to get ahold of, I think, but someone was kind enough to put the uncut version Youtube. It's in multiple parts, if you're interested.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 04:58:25 AM by Stray »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 04:22:34 PM

Good god this is a depressing book. Approach with caution! (Assume the movie is similar.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Plague Dogs  
Jump to: