Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:38:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Tetsuo: The Iron Man 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tetsuo: The Iron Man  (Read 4168 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

on: September 16, 2008, 06:04:10 AM

This is pretty much the most demented, unnerving film I've ever seen - and demented in a way that isn't sensational or pedestrian. It's intelligent. Granted, I first saw it when I was 14 and on acid, but still, few movies are as disturbing as this imo.

If you liked that line from the Dark Knight, "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stranger", then you'll appreciate this. Because no man ever went stranger than Tetsuo. And no man tried to lash back out at a cruel society as he does. And no man destroys himself like he does. Also, if you like stop motion effects, you'll like it for that too.

There's a "sequel" - not even a sequel really - more of a remake with a bigger budget in 35mm (this, otoh, is b&w 16mm) - make sure you get this, and not that one. It's not bad, but this is the one to watch.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:06:00 AM by Stray »
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 06:24:12 AM

I remember the second one better because it seemed more coherent but I liked the first one because it was so fucked up. The influence on films like Aranofsky's Pi is quite obvious as well (not least because of the low budget 16mm B&W film)

Haven't seen either for years - might have to remedy that.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 06:57:11 AM

This is the movie with the giant metallic penis, right? It's been a while and my memory is going.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:34:52 AM

This movie was all kinds of fucked up.

Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:00:37 AM

Is this movie fucked up in the same was as The Doomed Generation or Nowhere? 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 09:16:59 AM

It's fucked up as in "my brain just bashed its own head in to stop the train of thoughts it had to deal with" fucked up.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 09:20:59 AM

Checking YouTube should answer all questions.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 05:07:17 PM

It's fucked up as in "my brain just bashed its own head in to stop the train of thoughts it had to deal with" fucked up.

Seriously. It's one of those few films that truly resembles a frantic nightmare. I don't even particularly like it or enjoy it. It's just kind of fascinating, and hard to forget about.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 08:15:03 AM

Yes.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Tetsuo: The Iron Man  
Jump to: