Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:46:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Sicko 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sicko  (Read 2954 times)
Oz
Terracotta Army

on: September 15, 2008, 06:44:55 AM

saw this with the wife recently.  Could have done without the whole  scene.

Def. reminded my i think corporations are the downfall of our society.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 07:54:14 AM

It was typical Moore and the whole Cuba/Guantanamo thing was overdone, but once you saw past the fluff - it was an interesting look at Cuba. I frankly would not have expected them to have that modern and well run looking a medical system.

Same as any Moore movie, throw out the 65% of the movie that he's dramatized or exagerated, and what's left is usually pretty interesting (and damning).

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 08:10:02 AM

Same as any Moore movie, throw out the 65% of the movie that he's dramatized or exagerated, and what's left is usually pretty interesting (and damning).

Exactly.  The France thing made me giggle.  He's going on and on about how great it is, but doesn't even talk about the fact that its damned near impossible to get a white collar job (i.e. science?) there.  this is why i've been surrounded by French postdocs all the time.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 11:38:23 AM

Yeah, the Cuba bit was WAY overdone. The best and worst part about the movie was that you really don't need the snarky over-exaggeration to highlight the problems. Hell, it's right out there in the open. You could have taken those same 9/11 people to Canada for their drugs and gotten the same effect.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 11:57:49 AM

You could have taken those same 9/11 people to Canada for their drugs and gotten the same effect.

I think the difference their, is people think of Canada as Americas hat, so it wouldn't have had the same affect (only talking about location). Cuba is a 3ed world country as far as Americans care, oh, and cigars.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Sicko  
Jump to: