Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:44:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Iji: Shooting aliens in the face with exploding lasers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iji: Shooting aliens in the face with exploding lasers  (Read 1806 times)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

on: September 15, 2008, 04:19:25 AM

A friend of mine pointed this game out to me last night. I didn't get to bed until like 2 AM.

The story isn't super-amazing. You're some kind of cyberninja girl and Earth has been invaded by aliens. Shoot them. Oh yeah, there's a bunch of dialogue with some angst about being an unwilling hero and stuff. Whatever. You have a shotgun and can kick dudes to death.

Also, later on, you get lasers that explode when they hit things. It's pretty badass.

It's basically got 3 parts crammed together: RPG, action and platforming. The platforming (and smooth, smooth animation) is straight out of the old-school Prince of Persia. Run, jump, kick dudes in the head. The action is, well, platformy action. Duck shots, stand up, shotgun a dude to death. Or kick him. Or shoot him with a rocket launcher. Or a spread-rocket-launcher. Or lasers. That explode. The RPG bit... every stage you can gain up to 5 levels, and each level gives you a stat point. At certain places on the map, you can spend these points to give yourself more health, increase your ammo capacity/healing, increase your damage, increase weapon stats to use bigger guns, and a bunch of other stuff.

Apparently the story parts change up depending on how pacifistic/violent you are, but that interests me a bit less since there's fewer exploding lasers involved.

Homepage here. Trailer here.

Oh yeah, and it's free.
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 07:13:57 AM

I'm getting a very Flashback-esque feel from that trailer. I will try it out.

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 07:03:52 PM

I was actually thinking Abuse-lite. But yea, looks interesting.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 10:28:53 PM

That was actually pretty cool when she got hit by a rocket and got knocked through a window.  Must be the sadist in me.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Iji: Shooting aliens in the face with exploding lasers  
Jump to: