Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:07:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: I think I found a very well populated Freeshard... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I think I found a very well populated Freeshard...  (Read 35656 times)
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

on: September 14, 2008, 05:28:59 AM

I've been on this server off and on at various hours on various days and it usually seems havea consistent 100+ amount of people on it.  Its a T2A and back shard.  Seems really cool.  I like Angel Island, but I HATE how you can't sell shit to the vendors and the economy has to be player run.  I hate it because with so few players its hard to sell anything and make money besides PvE.  I also hate it because then those weapons you loot are basically just garbage.

I'm checking it out so if anyone else is curious it is http://uosecondage.com/

Edit: 54 online right now.  Angel Island has... 30.  Let's see how the populations do later.

Oh and this shard has events going on almost daily (no joke).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 05:45:40 AM by Chinchilla »

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 10:17:38 AM

Interesting.  I will fire it up tomorrow and check it out!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 11:52:34 AM

Oh good lord, they should never have "upgraded" UO. I even miss that damn font.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 11:56:46 AM

If you're playing 2D, you can reset your font to the old one.  But they apparently forgot to include that in KR.   swamp poop

Also, next time the whole "EA are fools not to make a retro shard, freeshards are SO POPULAR!" argument turns up, I'm going to remember that 54 people online was worth posting about.   why so serious?

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 03:00:34 PM

Macroing now.  Seems pretty populated -I like that you can ride mounts! 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 08:09:22 PM

I'm gonna start up macroing as well.  I haven't had a chance due to work and a somewhat jealous GF, but we have a nice agreement now so I will be able to play more often now ;-).  I love how its more populated as well :).

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 08:11:03 PM

Holy crap there are 214 ppl no right now (per the website).  WOOT!  Targets to KILL!!!!

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 08:15:51 PM

They also have a web based thing where you can look up individuals - it gives stats on them.  Pretty cool stuff, we will see how things go!

I do like how you can sell to NPC's (AI's only weakness), but they seem to have lowered the value of certain items.  For example fancy shirts go for 10 gold per. 

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 07:02:13 PM

I'm cleaning up a script to mine.  I know the say unattended is illegal, but I will experiment w/ that ;-).

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 06:47:27 PM

So far so good on macroing here.  I haven't done much resource macroing yet, but my GF is going to be starting up work again so this will give me more time online :).

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 09:14:17 PM

Neocron 4TW.  They unfucked the parts I hated.  Sorry.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 06:36:52 AM

Neocron 4TW.  They unfucked the parts I hated.  Sorry.

Wow, that game is still alive?  I played that game way back during a beta and then during a "free trail" time and I hated it (because of how fucked it was).  So what they do differently this time?

Is it still pay to play? (monthly fees)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 06:39:33 AM by Chinchilla »

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 07:27:36 AM

Its free; they severed ties with their craptastic billing company, so while reworking the process are allowing everyone free access.  Creating a new account may be dificult according to some reports - looks like you have to pay for the game online (not sure what the initial fee is) then its free after that.  It has a steep learning curve, but once you bust past it the game is hot shit.

It is extremely open.  Its kind of a first person version of UO, except with LASERS.  For example, last night I hung out with my buddies, who gave me booze (I forgot you could get drunk in the game, highly recommend doing it once).  After my vision cleared and I stopped stumbling around I decided to head out and explore some.  I went out to the Wastelands, hopped onto my fancy new buggy (yes, there are vehicles in game, including flying ones) and started motoring along.  I came to an abandoned bunker, decided to try my hacking out.  JACKPOT, I ran into a chest full of useful parts I could engineer into ammo!  Awesome!

Then I fought some warbots before finally getting blown to a greasy smear on the ground.  Was a fun ass night; I kinda wish I had been able to log in earlier, my Corporation had fought for a couple hours over an op.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 07:38:27 AM

Your corporation (is that like guild?)?  And when you say fought... do you mean they were PvPing and such over something?  Sounds very interesting to say the least.  What happens to that buggy that you left out there after you got killed?  Does it get "summoned" back to where you spawn or can you summon it?  Or do you have to go on foot to go recover it?  Do you drop a corpse that you have to recover and such?

I'll look into this out of curiousity.  I'm loving UO so far.  Almost got a GM bard guy which will help with some $$.  Already doing better with $$ after hitting 90's in provoke.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 08:02:07 AM

Your corporation (is that like guild?)?  And when you say fought... do you mean they were PvPing and such over something?  Sounds very interesting to say the least.  What happens to that buggy that you left out there after you got killed?  Does it get "summoned" back to where you spawn or can you summon it?  Or do you have to go on foot to go recover it?  Do you drop a corpse that you have to recover and such?

I'll look into this out of curiousity.  I'm loving UO so far.  Almost got a GM bard guy which will help with some $$.  Already doing better with $$ after hitting 90's in provoke.

Vehicles are spawned from a vehicle depot.  The world is huge - the depots are placed outside of most major areas.  I use a buggy I got from a quest; not sure how other vehicles work, exactly, but mine can be summoned from any depot, and even when destroyed I never lose it.  Yes, they were engaged in PvP over a location.  There are around 30 locations clans can fight over and posses; each gives different types of bonuses along with the ability to control who warps to them. 

When you die there is a chance to drop an item.  Depending on your soul light (karma) depends on chance - a red person (negative karma) can drop multiple items.  You gain karma from killing baddies, doing missions for your faction, and for killing red players.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 11:50:40 AM

This thread makes me wanna play UO and Neocron, skip back 10 years back to the glory days and game my ass off like i used to :(

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 01:44:37 PM

Maybe Uncle Rico will let you use his time machine. 

-Rasix
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 07:08:12 AM

What are you playing now Slayerik?  I'm still doing good in UO.  Got 10k saved up.  Working on more for my first house.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 10:53:57 AM

How's Neocron going bro?  UO is going great here.  Got my thing gathering for me and I'm building up good.  The economy is booming on this server.  Plus the PvP fights!

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 11:21:56 AM

I play EvE at the moment...been very busy lately though ... hard to find time

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 03:13:14 PM

Its good so far - I am finding it dificult to get into the politics, though.  I dunno, I guess I am feeling that my time investment is low so do not want to waste my time with personal vendettas.  Plus server population is tiny (like, 40-60 people on at a time).  I may just go back to UO and mess with that.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 01:18:01 AM

How are you guys doing out there?  I'm still at it on the UO server and having a blast.  Been doing lotsa mining and after I accumulate some money I will be doing some crafting.  I have a vendor setup where I sell my ingots that I mine.  How goes it for you guys out there?

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 07:32:01 PM

I am back to LoTRO; levelling a burglar.  Expansion comes out Nov. 18!

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 11:55:02 AM

Which expansion?  Mines of Moria?  I am so out of touch with LOTR it isn't even funny.  Got tired of the small population of Neocron?

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 07:46:11 PM

Which expansion?  Mines of Moria?  I am so out of touch with LOTR it isn't even funny.  Got tired of the small population of Neocron?

Pretty much.  I made a couple friends in LoTRO and it is just plain fun.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 07:35:46 AM

Cheddar, you are a trip my man!

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 03:46:41 PM

I might try LOTRO a try again later, but right now I'm more into the free stuff ;-).  You guys still doing good in LOTRO?

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 07:30:12 PM

I might try LOTRO a try again later, but right now I'm more into the free stuff ;-).  You guys still doing good in LOTRO?

Short answer?  Yes.  I am working long hours, so havent had much in game time this week - but things should slow down in a couple weeks. 

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 11:39:12 PM

Cheddar played the same game for an entire month? Wow!  Ohhhhh, I see.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 07:28:36 AM

Cheddar played the same game for an entire month? Wow!  Ohhhhh, I see.

I usually average 3-6 months.  :P 

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 07:35:39 AM

How is the Mines of Moria expansion?  I might take up LOTRO again once I am working again.  I start my new job on Monday.

Roentgen
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 10:12:57 PM

Hey I found this server while looking myself.  I came here to post about. 

Anyway, if anyone here is playing on this server my character name will be Roentgen.

The internet is a place where men are men, women are men, and little boys are the FBI.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 10:29:52 PM

I've been getting a weird urge to revisit that kooky RP freeshard I played months ago, crappy economy and loopy combat system be damned. We'll see. I'm almost level 80 in WoW.

Roentgen
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008, 01:36:29 AM

I have logged in years of playing UO but it's been a few since I have played.

Wow this interface is dated!

The internet is a place where men are men, women are men, and little boys are the FBI.
Roentgen
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 21, 2008, 02:27:22 AM

I have to tell the truth.  Yes it seems to be a faithful recreation of T2A UO.  Yes, there are over 200 people online at 5am.  But I just don't know if I can take being a UO noob again.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: I think I found a very well populated Freeshard...  
Jump to: