Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:28:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Weeds 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weeds  (Read 7917 times)
LanTheWarder
Terracotta Army

on: September 09, 2008, 05:17:27 PM

I loved the first season of this show, but I can't seem to get into it as much now that it is getting more serious and less funny.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:24:49 PM

Yeah, I agree.  It was better when it was about her trying to lead a dual life as a small-time drug dealer and soccer mom with hilarious consequences.  Now that she's just a full-time drug dealer and everyone she knows is in on it and her life is in danger every other episode, it's significantly less hilarious.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 06:42:38 PM

I think I watched three of the current season before I just lost interest.  /yawn

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 08:14:37 PM

Yep, new season sucks. Stopped watching as well.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 06:41:33 AM

Kevin Nealon needs to stick to funny, less creepy. Well, he's creepy funny, but now he's just getting creepy and mean.

The mayor subplot has almost no funny. At least the kids getting sexually active has T&A potential, even if two of them are  this guy looks legit

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 01:47:10 PM

Watched the finalie last night.

Was my first full season of Weeds. I think I might have to watch the previous seasons next summer when there are no shows on.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 07:47:47 AM

The scene with Nealon was  awesome, for real
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 09:10:42 AM

I'm currently tearing through season 3, however some of my friends are on 4, or is it 5...anyway..not sure i like where its going, season 1-3 seems to be the best.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 08:18:09 PM

I just watched Season 4.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I love this show.

Now I need to catch up on the last week's Lost and BSG.
Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 05:20:49 AM

Watched till season 4 but stopped, It's not as funny anymore
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 03:37:20 PM

I just finished catching up on seasons 1-3. Since I started on season 4, I wasnt sure what to really expect. I think 1 and 2 where by far the best, and 4 is lacking in the funny. I hope they get back to basics so to speak in 5.

It was really cool to see where a lot of the references from s4 came from in the previous 3 seasons.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 05:19:52 PM

I miss the theme song in the last season.  That thing got stuck in my head.

Little boxes, on the hillside...
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 11:57:58 AM

I miss the theme song in the last season.  That thing got stuck in my head.

Little boxes, on the hillside...
Pete Seeger rulez.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 03:50:25 PM

What did everyone think of the season premiere? I didnt enjoy it that much. I feel like they have just dug her in to deep of a hole to realistically get out of. But I think they need to bring the show back to a little more comedy and a little less depression.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 03:53:21 PM

Glad I missed the last season then, I laughed out loud a few times during the latest episode.

LanTheWarder
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 06:40:59 PM

I'm really disappointed in where this show has gone, but I'll keep watching because somehow my wife is still in love with it.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 11:05:46 PM

This season so far is quite possibly worse than the last.  I didn't think they'd be able to manage it. 

Really wish they never left the suburbs.

-Rasix
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 07:18:44 AM

Really wish they never left the suburbs.

I felt that's what made it really unique, now, its just another cop/drug show. I enjoyed that the show originally was showing views another side to drugs, and that it is very much more than Thugs and Hoes, and is engraved in just about every level of our society, not at all always in a bad light.

But, seems the writers fell right into the trappings of making the show about guns, sex, drugs, and violence and minorities. Instead of the white upper-middle class soccer moms. Perpetuating the stereotype that drugs are the sole domain of poor minorities and "Look at the problems they cause".

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 07:48:17 AM

Yeah, the show really jumped it. Too bad.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 10:24:34 AM

But, seems the writers fell right into the trappings of making the show about guns, sex, drugs, and violence and minorities. Instead of the white upper-middle class soccer moms. Perpetuating the stereotype that drugs are the sole domain of poor minorities and "Look at the problems they cause".

The writers, I suppose, saw the show for more than it is.  "HEY, LETS BE LIKE THE WIRE AND SHOW ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE."  Border towns are an interesting beast and the life that occurs there is possibly worthy of depiction.  But that's not really even happening here; you rarely even see shots of the community.  All of the social and societal commentary are just tossed in to punctuate the whole "Nancy is dumb and drugs are smuggled by really awful people" story line that's dragged this show into the goddamn ground. 

It's like what happened to the Simpsons but replace Homer with Nancy.  The show just doesn't have much bite when it centers soley on her dumb antics and nothing else. You're dealing with border violence, the Mexican mafia, gun running, human smuggling, etc and they can't manage to make it half as interesting or poignant as any of the first 3 seasons.

Plus, they've played out a number of story lines waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many times.  Andy bones someone he probably shouldn't.  Shane acts like a little creep.  Silas manages to lose a bunch of money by being a naive moron.  Doug is pathetic (this one doesn't get as old). Celia somehow manages to fuck everything up for everyone around her and everyone hates her.

At least it's only a half hour long.   I'm noticing a trend with Showtime shows.  They start off really interesting and then the quality just drops off at a steady pace.  It's not like HBO where they just go into neutral and spin their wheels until show cancellation forces them to actually wrap up some storylines.

-Rasix
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 10:51:25 AM

I laughed a few times during this episode, so not a total loss.  Although I am guessing that the fact that I missed pretty much all of last season helps too.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 08:10:46 PM

Just finished season 4 on DVD the other night. Wow, once they leave the 'burbs, it really does begin to suck. Even Nancy boobs can't really save it.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 07:06:19 AM

I just saw the first season, while it wasn't bad I think I'll skip the others for now and watch season four of my guilty pleasure 'My name is Earl' next.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 06, 2009, 09:43:13 AM

We stopped watching Earl when they brought in Alyssa Milano.

Weeds is definitely on is way off the DVR list, but hey: NEW BULLSHIT!
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 06, 2009, 12:43:36 PM

NEW BULLSHIT!

Derail:

The sex episode was beyond lame.

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 01:40:16 PM

We stopped watching Earl when they brought in Alyssa Milano.
I was hoping she'd go away Ohhhhh, I see.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 08:52:05 AM

The sex episode was beyond lame.
Yeah, not their best. I did find the guy who kept shoving his elbow into the chick he was fingering to be pretty funny.

Astrology, just too easy. But then, tons of people believe that shit, including several intelligent and well-educated librarians I work with.
LanTheWarder
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 06:53:59 PM

I enjoyed the last couple episodes of Season 5, but that didn't make up for the rest of the season.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 07:30:52 AM

Dear god, this last season, is just a nonstop ride. I mean this in a good way.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Weeds  
Jump to: