Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:37:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Entourage 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Entourage  (Read 25972 times)
Viin
Terracotta Army

on: September 09, 2008, 02:16:46 PM

New season started this week.

Last season was *awesome*. First season was meh, but the rest have been great.

http://epguides.com/entourage/
http://www.hbo.com/entourage/

wikipedia:
Entourage is an Emmy Award-winning HBO original series created by Doug Ellin that chronicles the rise of Vincent Chase — a young A-list movie star — and his childhood friends from Queens, New York City as they navigate the unfamiliar terrain of Hollywood, California. Doug Ellin, Mark Wahlberg, and Stephen Levinson serve as the show's executive producers, and the show's premise is loosely based on Wahlberg's experiences as an up-and-coming movie star.

Didn't know about the Mark Wahlberg tie, but there you have it. It's on wikipedia so it must be true.

(In case you haven't noticed, I mostly watch HBO shows and a couple of USA/SciFi shows).

- Viin
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 06:22:22 AM

I was underwhelmed by the season opener. Vince getting all hedonistic in Mexico...big shocker. Turtle had maybe two lines in the whole show. Ari was yelling and raving as usual. E is mister business now.

I'm not sure why it didn't really grab me. Vince is on the decline, and maybe Johnny Drama will finally blow up (like I have hoped for a few seasons).

I don't know. I love tits and hot chicks.  I am just ready for some kinda plot twist or to shake things up a bit. The 30 minute format kinda sucks ass, leaves me always wanting more. Still, looking forward to Sunday after that whole speel.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 07:41:31 AM

Yah, 30 mins isn't much time to do anything. But, it *was* only the first episode, now that Vince is done moping in Mexico after his movie bombed .. maybe we'll get some action in the next one. Hopefully they do more cameos.

- Viin
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 05:34:59 AM

Zzzzzz?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 08:41:54 AM

I like how there's a ton of Ari this season.  Angry Ari at that.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 10:07:42 AM

I did like how he gave it straight to Vince. Obviously, him grabbing that chick is going to bring some publicity. Speaking of publicity, not that I cared much for the character but....if you are going through issues as an A list actor, wouldn't your publistist be doing shit to try to turn that around? They musta cut her out of the series.

Kinda funny that Drama is acting all psycho over his hottie french girl. A better episode than the first, but still....maybe I'm just tiring some of the series.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 09:52:39 AM

Didn't know about the Mark Wahlberg tie, but there you have it. It's on wikipedia so it must be true.

He had a cameo in S1, in fact.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 10:29:17 PM

He had a cameo in S1, in fact.

UM?!?... Wahlberg was playing golf with Ari in the newest episode?

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 01:51:14 PM

I wrote that before the last episode came out, so yah.  Ohhhhh, I see.

- Viin
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 12:41:33 PM

Ok, episode 3 was good. Ari is the shit :)

LanTheWarder
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 06:00:21 PM

"That is what we call a bitch slap"
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 10:53:27 AM

LanTheWarder
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 03:07:19 PM

WayAbvPar

Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 12:51:36 PM

I don't have a cool .gif, but I watched Ari spike that random's cell phone about 5 times.  Heart

This show is just perfect brain candy. No substance, but downright enjoyable.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 12:56:36 PM

Jeremy Piven =  awesome, for real
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 04:49:57 PM

What an absolute waste of an episode. I like drugs as much as the next guy, and got a couple kicks out of the episode but NOTHING HAPPENED. There are at exactly the same place they were at the start, still wanting to do the firefighter movie. Quite disappointed.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 09:51:53 PM

Tonight's episode was pretty good and actually had a twist to it. Should be interesting to see where they go with this.

Also, fuck Mark Wahlberg for plugging Max Payne into the show.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 01:08:36 AM

July 11th the show returns with a ridiculous amount of cameos.

Just found out the Ari Gold is based on Ari Emanuel. I don't remember if that Wiki article mentions, but his other two brothers are just as crazy successful as he is.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 05:31:32 AM

I love this show like a little girl loves ponies. I want to pat it and put little stickers all over it, and I have no idea why.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Drai
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 02:50:20 PM

I watched and really enjoyed this show...for about two and half seasons.  After that, seeing the same plots and sub-plots happen again and again got pretty old. 

I have no idea if that trend has continued through to today, but maybe it has, judging from this spoof.  I'm not a fan of collegehumor.com normally, but they nailed what the first three seasons were like (and probably is what is still happening, apparently).

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1914477
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 02:57:58 PM

It's pretty bad.  It's entertaining, but it's still bad.  Guys I know that use the word "bro" to refer to non-related friends several times a day, wear mandanas or Ed Hardy shirts, and habitually update their facebook pages seem to love this show.

Vince is such a douche I've actually started to look forward to Drama or Turtle story lines.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 03:00:36 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 03:02:50 PM

That College Humor video sums it up, well, except for seasons 4 and 5. I watch it for the Piven.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 09:48:50 PM

Ha, love the FMJ reference.
WayAbvPar

Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 10:12:00 AM

Ari-centric storylines make it still worth tuning in. E and Vince bore the shit out of me. The rumored no more nudity really takes the steam out of any Vince stories, since he was always balls deep in some hottie. Watching Ari lose his mind and scream obscenities will never get old, however.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 12:05:46 PM

The show would be awful without Ari.

Drama is pretty great too.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 01:49:13 PM

So I'll just go ahead and mention that the new episode sucked ass since nobody else seems to have watched it.

Also they had better be going somewhere with the Ari/Lloyd "100 days of hazing loolol!" thing, because at this point it seems pretty fucking stupid.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 02:04:31 PM

It just didn't feel right, I hope they get their shit together for the rest of the season.

I also though this was going to be in New York and not back in LA.  Looks like they skipped all the NY stuff.

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 02:15:55 PM

I watched half of the episode.

swamp poop

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 06:36:04 PM

I also though this was going to be in New York and not back in LA.  Looks like they skipped all the NY stuff.

Same wish they even covered any of the filming plots there, instead we get to see an upcoming Enzo Ferrari film that will some how be bungled.

One more bad episode and the show is off the dvr  Ohhhhh, I see.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 02:41:09 PM

So I'll just go ahead and mention that the new episode sucked ass since nobody else seems to have watched it.

Also they had better be going somewhere with the Ari/Lloyd "100 days of hazing loolol!" thing, because at this point it seems pretty fucking stupid.

Yah, this episode was all kinds of bad. So many rehashed plot points from previous seasons, all pretty much highlighting how uninteresting each character is on their own.  It sounded like half of their lines were copy/paste from season 3 or 4.

The whole Ari + Lumbergh stuff got old instantly.

I enjoyed watching Hung more.  That's not saying much.

-Rasix
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 03:28:13 PM

That's funny, because I actually did too.

Giving Entourage one more episode is a little harsh, I think. I'm waiting to see the next two before I make my decision. But I *want* to like the show because I've enjoyed it in the past, so that might be the difference. They'll have to really impress me with episode 3 if number two sucks out loud though.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 07:46:24 PM

Here's another reason it's worth giving another chance:

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 05:06:43 AM

Yes, she is cute, but I think she needs to go topless or better to save this show's ratings.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 08:02:25 AM

A detailed lesbian scene during the threesome episode would have been the tops.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #34 on: July 15, 2009, 12:05:42 PM

Yes, she is cute, but I think she needs to go topless or better to save this show's ratings.

Amen.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Entourage  
Jump to: