Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:10:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Big Bang Theory 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Bang Theory  (Read 43507 times)
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 02, 2009, 09:24:01 AM

Didn't notice the new season yet hm? Well, now you know. And it has even more nerd-talk!

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 01:57:46 AM

God this is hard to watch.
Yeah I'm with shcild on this.  Penny and AoC references make it too hard for me to tear away though.
I didn't know I'd watched so much of it (I dig the blond more than the nerds). That said, the laughtrack is probably going to be what drives me away this time. The jewish and indian friends are still horribly written. I've known lots of jewish stereotypes in my time having spent the majority of my formative years in hebrew school (that's Sunday school that happens on Monday and Wednesday AND Sunday for those who don't know) and in my community and not a single one of them strikes me as that kind of person. He is truly intolerable.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 07:02:08 AM

Is wearing short sleeve t-shirts over long sleeve t-shirts all the rage now? 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 07:03:21 AM

That's been a staple of geek wear for years.  Or at least more than a few sysadmins I've worked with.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 07:49:09 AM

1992?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 07:54:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G4BWGJth6c
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #41 on: October 09, 2009, 03:48:26 PM

Do you guys do it?

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 12, 2009, 07:05:03 AM

Do you guys do it?

As someone posted above, it was pretty much universal in the early 1990's.  Although, lately I've seen a few long sleeve shits that were trying to look like you had a short sleeve shirt on over a long sleeve shirt but was really just had different color sleeves sewn on at the elbow..

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #43 on: October 12, 2009, 11:17:10 AM

It didn't seem to happen in Europe.  Or I didn't notice, maybe.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 12, 2009, 11:00:06 PM

I'm not the most attentive observer regarding clothes, but I don't think that was a big thing in Europe either.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 11:53:44 PM

Laugh track and half the characters being neither funny nor hot makes this show pretty unwatchable.

It seems I'm on an agreeing with schild trend recently...
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 13, 2009, 12:47:44 AM

Over here, we do not get this 'laugh track' of which you speak.

I have noticed previously that Americans will take a perfectly good British Show, like M*A*S*H and then ruin it by putting lolz all over it.  It's like you need cues to laugh.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #47 on: October 13, 2009, 10:56:11 AM

M*A*S*H was a live audience if I remember correctly. I don't mind spontaneous laughter, it's canned laughter that irritates me.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 13, 2009, 12:00:20 PM

M*A*S*H was a live audience if I remember correctly. I don't mind spontaneous laughter, it's canned laughter that irritates me.

It had a laugh track in the US but not when it aired in the UK.
schild
Administrator

Reply #49 on: October 13, 2009, 12:01:47 PM

Over here, we do not get this 'laugh track' of which you speak.

I have noticed previously that Americans will take a perfectly good British Show, like M*A*S*H and then ruin it by putting lolz all over it.  It's like you need cues to laugh.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
British TV back then could barely afford actors and a camera, overlaying sound would've destroyed the budget.

It has not gotten better since.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 06:35:22 AM

Evidently its the latest rage.  My wife went out and bought my son the latest fashion (he is almost 2) and that included the "look" of long sleeve with short sleeve shirt, but in reality its a single outfit.

And Goddamnit, he looks good.  I am jealous! 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #51 on: November 17, 2009, 11:01:24 PM

This last episode was amazing.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #52 on: November 18, 2009, 12:28:50 AM

I liked how the episode was (but wasn't) about a meteor shower and ran on the same day that the Leonids Meteor Shower peaked in the real world.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #53 on: November 18, 2009, 03:56:02 AM

It's really weird that the performance of certain actors varies depending on who they are working with.

Kaley Cuoco is really great when she's paired with Jim Parsons and really bad when she's paired with Johnny Galecki.

Another example is House where Olivia Wilde is great when she has to work with Hugh Laurie and really bad when she has to work with Omar Epps
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #54 on: November 18, 2009, 06:35:54 AM

The only name in that whole post I know is Hugh Laurie.  Sheesh.  It's getting as confusing around here as it is when I accidentally watch one of those celebrity shows!  At least they have pics, though, so there's half a chance I'll recognise the faces.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #55 on: November 19, 2009, 06:17:28 AM

This last episode was amazing.

Where you eating the cookies while you watched it? A couple of the bits with Sheldon and  Penny were cute, but the entire camping sequence was the worst example of over the top sitcom cliche I've seen in years. Maybe next week they can get stuck in a freezer and remember all the crazy things that happened to them over the last two years!

The show works for me, because even though it uses established sitcom principles, at least it has the whole technology/nerd culture twist to keep it fresh. I didn't feel any of that in the last episode. Also, it felt like a 50s sitcom approach to how pot affects you.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 19, 2009, 05:44:28 PM

"I'm gonna lose the arm."  Funnay!  Good episode, but yeah the camping parts were meh.  Anyone else think the Indian guy is breaking out?
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 12, 2010, 03:23:35 AM

New episode was great with Raj and Sheldon double-dating.  The last scene was funny as hell.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #58 on: January 12, 2010, 08:33:27 AM

And Winnie Cooper!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 03:41:27 AM

Rise!

Looks like they are making Sheldon a bit more normal.  Wheaton!  Decent episode, like that Penny and Leonard are having trouble.  I like that they bring back characters, glad to see Wheaton up to his Sheldon-tormenting.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 01, 2011, 06:23:21 AM

RISE!

God, I love this show. If you don't like it, you hate fun. (or have an (advanced?) degree in the liberal arts)

Can't wait for Penny and Leonard getting together again, though. We all know its inevitable, right ?  Heart

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 01, 2011, 01:22:15 PM

The female additions to the cast have been great, even Pryia.  I think Amy is about ready for sex and it just ain't gonna happen with Sheldon.  Just great, funny relationships all around.  But yeah, Leonard and Penny is the heart of the show.  A bit surprised Sheldon put the train engine in his mouth, he must have been cleaning it for two hours. 

Oh and Bernadette's yelling was priceless!
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 01, 2011, 02:53:06 PM

Yeah. Sheldon does show some very odd behavior this season, I hope they writers don't go full retard. I felt him to be way out of character in the last episode (The train incident  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? )

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 15, 2012, 06:58:58 PM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 16, 2012, 03:20:42 AM

Yeah, thought it was a 'down' episode until that segment.  Both hilarious and heartwarming!
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 21, 2012, 05:47:44 AM

Heart the Astrosmash tee shirt.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Lianka
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 22, 2012, 01:00:33 AM

Heart the Astrosmash tee shirt.

And the immature Settlers of Cataan jokes. 

.. it's funny because it's true..
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #67 on: April 12, 2012, 08:38:40 AM

I possess the DNA of Leonard Nimoy?!

awesome, for real

Friend recommended this show to me, laugh track is annoying but some bits are just awesome.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: April 13, 2012, 03:12:42 AM

It helps that one is the best episode they've ever done.

Watched the 100 special behind the scenes and it was interesting to see the live audience laughing.  They did sound exactly like a laugh track.

Strange.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: April 13, 2012, 04:36:21 AM

This show is just so easy to watch.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Big Bang Theory  
Jump to: