Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:23:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Bones 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bones  (Read 7020 times)
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

on: September 09, 2008, 11:58:42 AM

OK so not the most high-brow show but I rather liked liked the first three seasons, well until the utterly stupid last episode of the season anyway.

The first episode of season 4 left me with mixed feelings. There was a lot of stuff I liked but some things the protagonists did seemed oddly out of place and they they shake up a lot of the established character relationships in the first episode.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 12:45:53 PM

I haven't watched the first episode of this season yet. Last season's finale so totally fucked up everything it tried to do that I'm not sure how they'll be able to rescue it, but I've enjoyed all the prior fun enough to go with it for a little while.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 03:53:37 PM

My favorite scripted show DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 05:09:18 PM

The Fonz jumped over the shark straight into a mountain with last season's finale.

I still haven't gotten the time to sit down and watch the season four opener. 

-Rasix
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 11:10:43 PM

Good up to the finale of last season. Watched the first episode of the new season to see if they were just clever instead of incredibly stupid. They weren't, so the series is dead to me. Indicating this season will be "Bones and Booth in heat" time and they try to milk the drama with a retarded breakup for really really retarded reasons didn't help.
Rasix

Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 11:42:20 PM

Pretty bad season opener.  That breakup was fucking stupid.  Another season of Booth and Bones playing "let's not have sex"; only they likely will at some point and things will conveniently go to hell in a hand basket an hour later.

What the hell happened here?

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 11:47:16 PM

I still blame the writers strike awesome, for real

Also from the trailers at the end they aren't hooking up anytime soon.
Rasix

Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 11:51:23 PM

Not soon, but I just think it'll happen this season as a calculated move to retain viewers.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 09:35:50 PM

Just watched the premiere and first regular episode.  swamp poop

What the fuck happened to this show? 3 episodes (4 if you count the premiere as 2 eps) and this show turned from witty and smart to fucking retarded. The Zach thing last season was bad enough, but now we have the thoroughly predictable romance buildup with Bones and Boothe. And the ending of the Hodgins/Angela relationship made no sense. We spent a whole season waiting for that to move forward and it's just over like that? And we get to have revolving door replacements for Zach?

The UK episode was like it was written by an idiotic tourist - let's make sure to put in all the stupidest ugly American jokes, including the Buckingham palace guard thing, the driving on the wrong side of the road, etc. It was about as smart as a bag of hammers. This show has about 1-2 more episodes to improve or I'm done with it.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 12:54:55 AM

This show has about 1-2 more episodes to improve or I'm done with it.

I had that feeling the first season. Never watched it again.

I think it was too jarring for me for David Boreanaz to go from playing Angel, to play a gregarious and goofy FBI agent. Have you seen the episode of Angel where he acts like he is part of that crew of people going to steal a crazy demon shroud? That character reminded me of Boothe too much.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 08:20:26 AM

Never watched Angel. Really like Boreanez, and loved the chemistry between the two main characters. But they have just totally fucked everything up. Most of the comedy feels forced as do all the character's story arcs.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 08:47:23 AM

It'sa good example that writers have done the same old recipes for so long that they can't even imagine a series working without them.

It's basically the confession that they just can't write story arcs without the same tired tried and true ingredients. Couples have to break up the main characters have to be in some sort of 'they can't get each other' relationship until they do have sex which leads to still more conflicts that they can write about.

Also they broke a lot of the (already not very strictly enforced) continuity in the first two episodes.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 07:24:12 AM

Yeah, I'm done with Bones. Last night's episode wasn't bad, but the great big gaping hole left by Zach's absence, as well as the forced ending of the Angela/Hodgins romance has thoroughly killed the show for me. It's a shame too, because the addition of Sweets to the team last season was a good one, I thought. The character interactions are what made that show, and those interactions have gone to shit. Welp, one less slot on my Tivo.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 08:53:09 AM

Bones was never good.  You've been fooling yourself this entire time.

I only watch it because it gets the wife wet.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 10:22:36 AM

TMI... unless you post pics.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  why so serious?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 03:32:03 AM

It's getting better awesome, for real
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 09:18:46 PM

Zooey Deschanel is going to be on next week (12/10) playing Dr. Brennan's cousin.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 07:36:36 AM

Actually, its kinda scary how alike they look. The actors could be related.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 08:51:49 AM

Actually, its kinda scary how alike they look. The actors could be related.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 08:57:01 AM

That little image should be entitled "That dog won't hunt, Monsignor".
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 08:13:29 PM

(Oh. So there IS a thread about this show, now I even remember the posts about IWs wife)

ARISE

Having just catched up with the whole show over the course of a few weeks, I am rather fond of this one.

I too was a bit perplexed by the ending of season 3 and the beginning of season 4, but I think the show recovered from that. Also I found the idea of rotating the interns as a replacement for Zack brilliant after a few episodes.

And even if you hate the show, you all should watch the third episode of this season "Maggots in the Meathead". Temprance studies the "Jersey Shore Tribe". Funny stuff.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 08:31:56 AM

The show's ok, but I'm in Ironwood's "watch it cause of the ole lady" boat. If she's not around, I never flip it over to Bones.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 08:36:30 AM

It's pretty bad now.  It's rarely that clever any more and just about every other episode is something really, really annoyingly campy.  They've handled the Bones/Boothe relationship (most of the others too) with the grace of a tap dancing fat man.

David Alan Grier as "The Science Dude" was pretty damn funny, however.  But like the rest, I watch it mainly because my wife likes it and I can think of worse ways to spend 45 minutes.

-Rasix
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 09:56:33 AM

You guys are probably right, but I tend to get "attached" to characters on tv-shows if I watch a few episodes back to back.

I know... I know... I got issues.  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 11:25:55 AM

This last episode with the sunk slave ship and the cougar cruise exemplified Bones at its best (the portraits and the  scene) and its worst (everything else).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Bones  
Jump to: