Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:45:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Jeremiah 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jeremiah  (Read 3749 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: September 09, 2008, 07:48:53 AM

In a post-apocalyptic future, a deadly virus has wiped out most of humanity. The only ones who survived, were those who hadn't yet reached puberty. Now a decade has gone by, and a man called Jeremiah is set on a quest to find a mysterious place his father spoke of, a place called Valhalla. 

Decently cool show, lots-o Post apocalyptic scenarios. Strong cast even if it is luke perry  Ohhhhh, I see.. The show really picks up and opens up in the second season (first is a good deal of character and world building). Its quite interesting as a lot of the dialog is stuck in the time before the "Big death" as they call it. The oldest children to have survived were about 13-14 years old. Makes for some interesting takes on the world, as it is, and how they evolved from a society of , well, basically children left in the remains of an old, dead world.

Any one else watching it?

IMDB

EDIT: Also, this is where a number of Battlestar Galactica cast has gone.. and a few from the LOTR movies.
Edit by schild: The show is called Jeremiah. Leave the title as the actual title of the show.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:26:06 AM by schild »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 07:51:50 AM

I've always wanted to get into it. The episode I saw was after JMS left, but it still seemed to have his style about it. Awesome premise.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:13:19 AM

Cool.  Thanks for the heads up, I'm a sucker for post-apoc TV, so I'll be sure to give this a look.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 08:25:06 AM

EDIT: Also, this is where a number of Battlestar Galactica cast has gone.. and a few from the LOTR movies.

Jeremiah was pre-BSG and is an awful fucking television program.  Avoid like the plague.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 08:32:54 PM

I saw about 20 mins of one episode.  I hated it.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 11:05:09 PM

Liked it, especially the first season. But then I really love "What-After-Civilization-Breaks-Down" szenarios. Wasteland, Deus Irae, Canticles of Leibowitz, that Babylon 5 episode, hell even Jericho.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54:08 AM

I think many of the topics they handle are very cool.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Jeremiah  
Jump to: