Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:50:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Dexter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 61460 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #140 on: September 01, 2010, 12:11:22 PM

Dude, stop hitting enter.  We do that for you here.

-Rasix
birdsguts
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: September 01, 2010, 12:24:42 PM

Hahaha. I'll stop with the poetry format.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: October 29, 2010, 10:11:38 AM

I'm not real sure what I think about this season yet and it's nearly half over. It's definitely not up to the quality of season 4 though.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: October 29, 2010, 10:50:38 AM

I think it's rubbish compared to the fantastic season 4. This one just doesn't seem to go anywhere, much like the most recent season of True Blood...

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #144 on: November 15, 2010, 05:33:00 AM

I'm liking the Dexter/Lumen interaction, don't really care for the other plot lines much though.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: November 15, 2010, 01:29:54 PM

I thought Dexter changed his dumping spot to somewhere where the Gulf Stream would carry the remains?  Why was he near shore?  Did I miss something?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: November 15, 2010, 11:54:18 PM

I'm liking the Dexter/Lumen interaction, don't really care for the other plot lines much though.
I actually find the Dexter/Lumen stuff pretty meh; Dexter/Catherine the Nanny of Aragon stuff is pretty entertaining to me though. And I like all the stuff going on with Deb and LaGuerta, though that may be because I've been watching The Wire lately.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: November 16, 2010, 02:55:15 AM

This season has definitely picked up in the last 3 episodes or so.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #148 on: November 16, 2010, 04:22:05 AM

I actually find the Dexter/Lumen stuff pretty meh; Dexter/Catherine the Nanny of Aragon stuff is pretty entertaining to me though. And I like all the stuff going on with Deb and LaGuerta, though that may be because I've been watching The Wire lately.

Fair enough, I just can't stop myself thinking that everyone apart from Dexter only exists as window dressing to tease the viewers with finding out his secret.  Anyone normal isn't going to hide a messed up serial killer, so once they find out, they have to die.  The wife and the sister might possibly cover for him, once it became obvious he wasn't going to tell his wife and they had worn out the angle of her been suspicious, she became less interesting with predictable results, nicely removed the older two kids as well. 

Lumen is different, she's totally messed up, her self interest is the best reason to keep quiet, so now instead of one unpredictable insane person running round with a terrible secret, we have two, plus psycho baby.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: November 22, 2010, 08:02:44 AM

This season really picked up alot in the last 2 episodes and Jordan Chase is a great villain. Still, my favorite part recently has to be Dexter handling the abusive dad and the way he described the effect of each of his punches on the man's nervous system.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: November 23, 2010, 12:23:24 AM

I just discovered that the asshole cop dude is.... robocop.
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: November 23, 2010, 06:56:29 AM

Yup. I keep expecting some sort of cheesy shout-out to happen in-show. Thankfully, not so far.

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #152 on: November 23, 2010, 11:12:18 AM

Yeah, I told Zal here that on the way to work one day. I noticed instantly for some reason, but couldn't remember his name in robocop until a couple days ago.

Murphy!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #153 on: November 23, 2010, 11:19:26 AM

I was getting really annoyed with the Lumen plot line, but since she sort of "stabilized", it has grown on me a lot. I still give her character a very very slim chance of making it out of the season alive.

Now, this might be a stretch but my girlfriend pointed it out. Jordan Chase has a necklace which is a vial of blood. The actor who plays Jordan Chase is Johnny Lee Miller, who was the first husband to Angalina Jole, who used to wear a vial of her second husband's blood (Billy Bob Thorten) around her neck.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: December 13, 2010, 07:16:41 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: December 13, 2010, 07:44:04 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I enjoyed the finale, though as I said to my wife:

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: December 13, 2010, 09:53:19 AM

Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: December 13, 2010, 10:47:26 AM

Yeah, everything seemed to get wrapped up pretty neatly this season, especially compared to last season's finale.

It's been picked up for another season, and possibly a seventh ...

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: December 14, 2010, 05:04:48 PM

Oh, this should make next season 'fun'

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/14/dexter-stars-file-for-divorce/?hpt=T2

"Having been separated for some time, Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall have filed for divorce," their reps tell CNN in a joint statement.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: January 03, 2011, 07:18:28 AM

Oh, this should make next season 'fun'

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/14/dexter-stars-file-for-divorce/?hpt=T2

"Having been separated for some time, Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall have filed for divorce," their reps tell CNN in a joint statement.

And she's asking for spousal support. If this turns nasty I wonder how they'll write Deborah out of the show?

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: October 02, 2011, 03:52:49 PM

Well, this starts back up again tonight.

Surely, someone important finds out this season. Right?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #161 on: October 03, 2011, 11:08:06 AM

Maybe Deb finds out and Dex kills her.   why so serious?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: October 10, 2011, 11:35:14 AM

Maybe Deb finds out and Dex kills her.   why so serious?

We can only hope.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #163 on: November 02, 2011, 10:31:54 AM

So I'm just now catching up on season 5.  SO GOOD.  Even having mostly dodged spoilers, though, I know it's all going to go to shit, and that makes me cry.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: November 03, 2011, 03:30:22 PM

This season has been pretty meh. Hopefully it picks up.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #165 on: November 03, 2011, 04:16:19 PM

There's an ad at the end of the show encouraging you to join the Dexter community on facebook & there's even a Dexter app, which I found way more disturbing than the current plot.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: November 03, 2011, 07:19:42 PM

My beef with this season is that the main villain isn't very compelling. It feels almost like a Se7en ripoff except with an apathetic zealot murderer. Most of the side plots I've enjoyed: Masuka's string of interns, Deb's stuff, Angel's sister  DRILLING AND MANLINESS, Dex and Sam, etc. The BBEG just kinda sucks.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #167 on: November 22, 2011, 10:43:20 PM

I think the Professor has just been a vehicle, almost a metaphor, for Dexter's own self-discovery.

The opposition of Brother Sam as the "good Christian" with the Professor as the "Zealot" are kind of a nice touch, as well.  Brother Sam died forgiving his killer (Grace), while the Professor is trying to bring down the wrath of God on the world (giving evil free reign upon a world undeserving of Grace).  And Dexter is playing the part of free will, not evil or good.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: November 25, 2011, 01:42:08 PM

I just went through a Dexter MARATHON!!! And have to say this show is  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

However this season as far toooo many cringe moments, i mean dear god what happens to that waitress and the dudes sister  ACK!

And the religion subtext goes from  Ohhhhh, I see. swamp poop ACK!

But now that they got that out of their system (I hope), its hopefully on to brutally murdering that sob.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: November 27, 2011, 12:27:20 AM

Just a theory:

Even with that twist, this season has been my least favorite.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #170 on: November 27, 2011, 09:23:28 PM

You're just starting to think that?

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: November 28, 2011, 12:48:16 AM

You're just starting to think that?

It didn't really occur to me until Dexter glances up where Travis was looking in the church last episode. Then I thought back and it seemed somewhat obvious at that point.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: November 30, 2011, 12:55:39 PM

Just a theory:

Even with that twist, this season has been my least favorite.

Yeah least favorite by far.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #173 on: November 30, 2011, 01:56:50 PM

Really?  The second season was absolutely abysmal.  The ending just made me laugh and nearly turned me off of the entire series.

This one is at least mediocre, and a slight improvement over last season.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: December 19, 2011, 12:40:50 PM

So... Debra found out at long fucking last.  I was disappointed that they ended this season with a cliffhanger, though, as they've always been good about keeping storylines relatively self-contained within seasons until now.  They also didn't resolve the storyline with the videogame intern--setting him up to be the villain next season?

They can also feel free to drop the incest shit at anytime and that would be perfectly fine with me.

Overall, this was probably the weakest season so far.  My guess is that they felt compelled to bring Debra in on the secret because they're running out of other places to go with this character.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Dexter  
Jump to: