Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:17:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Californication 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Californication  (Read 11712 times)
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 05:23:22 PM

This season is up to the quality of the first couple of seasons IMO. It's been just great.
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 06:49:44 PM

I went into this new season wondered how a BSG-style 2 and 1/2 year jump was going to work out. Wondering how they could possibly humiliate Charlie any further. Wondering if there would be any sort of character development at all.

I'm intrigued.

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 11:15:14 AM

Awful season. Awful finale.  Still worth the half hour time investment.

-Rasix
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 05:58:22 PM

Awful season. Awful finale.  Still worth the half hour time investment.

Pretty much, love the whole season besides that.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 06:30:52 PM

This season is about half over now.

This show feels like it has jumped the shark in a pretty major way, but I'm still enjoying it. Even if it's only to watch the circus/shenanigans that Hank finds himself in the middle of all the time.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #40 on: March 19, 2013, 09:29:34 PM

This season is about half over now.

This show feels like it has jumped the shark in a pretty major way, but I'm still enjoying it. Even if it's only to watch the circus/shenanigans that Hank finds himself in the middle of all the time.

It's the same formula but I'm still enjoying it and am surprised there's only 2 episodes left... how to suddenly add drama for a season finale?!  awesome, for real
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 10:04:22 AM

Yeah, was not a lot of drama build-up in this season. When there was it was resolved either in the same episode or the following one. Charlie's run at being a gaygent was cut too short, no daughter drama going on, the person who died needed some build up to actually give a fuck about them beyond "hey this guy died and the new people Hank met knew him," the non-ex-wife-person potential part-time love interest is weak. It's like they tried to change the regular formula, which I would have been fine with, but failed because the only change was theme making everything be more mild versions of the same shit from previous seasons.

There were some pretty funny moments, but a pretty forgettable season overall barring pure awesomeness of the last couple of episodes.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 20, 2013, 10:22:38 AM

Maybe they can retcon the whole season and have Hank actually die from the last season's overdose in the last episode as a final F.U to the audience  why so serious?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Californication  
Jump to: