Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:37:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Lance Armstrong comeback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lance Armstrong comeback  (Read 4706 times)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

on: September 08, 2008, 02:28:47 PM

Big rumour ... http://www.velonews.com/article/82892/sources-lance-armstrong-coming-back

He's 37 and the comeback would be with Team Astana and include racing the Tour de France, publishing constant blood tests online for everyone to see (FYI he was constantly blood tested during his earlier career and always came up clean, despite French newspaper reports).
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 02:32:28 PM

The French just couldn't take getting pwned on their own big race.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 05:11:34 PM

Fire up the lab.

Because blood tests tell all.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Weren't the Olympics under scrutiny of the most advanced anti-doping screening in the world?

How many Olympians were caught doping?

Oh, right.... but I'm sure none of THEM would use any kind of drugs. When someone like Marian Jones dopes during the Olympics, SHE GETS CAUGHT BY DEM DERE BLOOD TESTS.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 05:19:59 PM

It's better to do what Dana Torres and Michael Phelps did which is to bank a certain amount of their blood and urine periodically during competition so it could be tested in the future. Except don't let the French anti-doping agency store it cause they always seem to fuck up their secondary blood samples (how convenient for them).
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 05:34:09 PM

Oh, right.... but I'm sure none of THEM would use any kind of drugs. When someone like Marian Jones dopes during the Olympics, SHE GETS CAUGHT BY DEM DERE BLOOD TESTS.

Blood tests for doping have advanced a lot in the last couple of years and Marian Jones would have been caught by today's tests. Also, the drug of choice for cyclists, EPO, is detectable in its first and second generations. The third and latest generation is deliberately manufactured with a molecule that can be detected.

That's what happened to Ricardo Ricco in the Tour de France - he came second in the Giro d'Italia (precursor to TdF), won two stages of Le Tour, was being talked about as the next big thing in cycling, and now he's facing jail time in France because he was on a third gen EPO. They don't fuck around anymore, doping in cycling is a criminal offence on French soil.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 06:27:16 PM

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 02:36:11 PM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 06:04:24 AM

Armstrong to join Astana

as expected. It'll be interesting to see if Contador stays on setting up a Hinault/LeMond style conflict in next year's Tour de France.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 04:34:18 PM

Armstrong's first race for Astana will be the Tour Down Under in South Australia in January. It's gruelling stuff in the Aussie summer heat - I'm planning to join the spectators.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 04:30:33 PM

Well, hope for the best for him, always liked him.  However, I do sort of wish athletes who retire would stay retired.  Seems more and more big name athletes who go out on top keep coming out of retirement, and it almost never ends well.  Good luck to him though.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Lance Armstrong comeback  
Jump to: