Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:06:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Guild Tactics + Standards 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guild Tactics + Standards  (Read 8355 times)
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

on: September 08, 2008, 07:30:33 AM

So, Bat Country hit level 5 late last night, and I picked up a standard.

On top of that, I was able to unlock one Guild Tactic to socket in the standard.

The list of Guild Tactics is all stuff like, 2% melee/spell/heal crit, 5% to a given stat, 5% experience/renown, 5% resist/armor, and so on.

We only start out with one slot on the guild standard, but we get up to 3 as we go on. There is a 24 hour cooldown period between when the tactics that are on the Standard can be swapped, but we unlock additional standards later on.

I tried to drop a standard, but it wouldn't let me. It kept saying it was involved in a keep siege, or that it had been captured by the enemy. I just bought the very first one, however, so who knows.

Discuss!

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 07:10:10 AM

I had to assign myself as a standard bearer in order to pull out the standard.

But you stick out like a sore thumb when you have it out, as you have this big glowy aura around your feet, and you're holding the standard. You get a paladin-like invulnerability effect, and you can't cast any of your normal abilities. You can also plant the standard in the ground.

If you do that, however, it can be picked up (it can also be picked up if you are killed while wielding it). They have a 15 second cast time to pick it up, so unless people are outright neglecting it, that'll never happen.

You lose the 2 gold banner if they pick it up.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 07:21:40 AM

They have a 15 second cast time to pick it up, so unless people are outright neglecting it, that'll never happen.

You've never played Arathi Basin!

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 07:37:43 AM

Well, yeah.

I'm just saying in a halfway proficient guild, that will never happen, unless they get totally curbstomped by the opposition. I meant that in the way where if it's in the middle of combat, if they're keeping an eye on what is going on, it won't get picked up.

cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 07:45:32 AM

I should have made that text green, sorry.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 08:02:15 AM

So, its a little cap the flag in your RvR...thats kinda sweet.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 08:43:14 AM

So, its a little cap the flag in your RvR...thats kinda sweet.

Yeah - there's incentive for the other guild, too. If you pick up an enemy guild standard, you get Banner Scraps, which are used to purchase some really good RvR gear.

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 11:39:27 AM

We just hit GR6 so we have another tactic.

"Me am play gods"
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 11:46:13 AM

Wow, this sounds cool.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 12:05:08 PM

Hooray! I'll pick it up when we get home. I have the 5% exp right now.. I'm thinking 10% AP regen, or 5% renown gain. We can only socket one in the flag at a time, sadly.

With how expensive the standards are right now, it seems kind of rough to actually go through the effort of holding it out just to get xp and renown though. Once money becomes less of an issue in a few levels, it'll be worth it to keep it out, i'd guess.

Chorulle
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 07:16:06 PM

Hooray! I'll pick it up when we get home. I have the 5% exp right now.. I'm thinking 10% AP regen, or 5% renown gain. We can only socket one in the flag at a time, sadly.

With how expensive the standards are right now, it seems kind of rough to actually go through the effort of holding it out just to get xp and renown though. Once money becomes less of an issue in a few levels, it'll be worth it to keep it out, i'd guess.

Between the 3 I would think renown would be an honestly better choice.  XP you can get anywhere, but renown needs all the boost you can get.  Getting the same 600 for a win, half your score if you lose in a tier 2 scenario with an ever increasing requirement for each rank starts to take it's toll around the mid teens from what I have seen.  Not sure if the renown rewards for RvR and scenarios increase beyond tier 2 but if they don't I could see renown becoming a bigger grind then actual xp in the later tiers.

"Saying that nobody needs more then web apps is like saying noone needs a fridge because we can all drive to T.G.I. goddamn Friday's for chicken wings"

- Walt Mosspuppet (Mike Arrington is wrong: Chrome OS won't matter)
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 08:31:38 PM

3 points stacked in the AP regen gives you 30% faster AP regen.

If that isn't awesome, I don't know what is.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 06:30:13 AM

It's only RVR? Or could we get the guild together and plunk it down in a PQ and farm xp?
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 06:42:46 AM

Seems so.  There is also a tactic for influence.

"Me am play gods"
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 07:28:10 AM

I can plunk it down in PvE, from what I can see.

Going into the retail game, however, I have yet to find a way to redo the guild tactics. That being said, I'm thinking of doing the AP regen one first - with 3 points in it, that's an additional 30% action point regen, which is HUGE.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Guild Tactics + Standards  
Jump to: