Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:18:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Best Duos? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Duos?  (Read 4537 times)
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

on: September 06, 2008, 01:05:51 PM

Okay, so I play with my girlfriend.

She REALLY prefers "attractive" races. Ie, I wanted to play Order but she likes the look of Dark Elves on the web page. As such, we are probably playing Destruction.

I've been extolling the virtues of an ironbreaker/rune priest to her, but she's a tough sell.

So what are some other exceptionally powerful duos in this game? Any ideas I can pitch to her?

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 01:19:16 PM

Warpriest + anything that can do damage works solidly too. Warpriest tanks and heals itself, other thing does damage. Girl witch hunters wear tight leather pants so maybe they qualify for her attractive race thing.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 01:20:29 PM

Warpriest + anything that can do damage works solidly too. Warpriest tanks and heals itself, other thing does damage. Girl witch hunters wear tight leather pants so maybe they qualify for her attractive race thing.

Potentially. Can a Warrior Priest tank?

I hate the idea of being a halfassed DPS/halfassed healer. Seems like it'd be hard to find a group.

Plus, traditionally, I do tank.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 01:24:19 PM

Oh, and are there any guides on running a newb from one starting zone to another?

I'd like to be able to do that right away without getting killed 47 times in the process.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 02:19:48 PM

I ran from the DE starting area to DE chapter 4 flightmaster, and then ran from Greenskin chapter 4 to greenskin starting area with a sorceress.  Nothing so much as blinked at me, although I did have to be a bit careful around the Kron Komar Gap PQ.  Is it really that difficult in other areas?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 02:20:30 PM

I hate the idea of being a halfassed DPS/halfassed healer. Seems like it'd be hard to find a group.

Plus, traditionally, I do tank.
Yes WP (or DoK) can tank. Aggro management can be an issue, though.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 02:24:43 PM

Okay, so I play with my girlfriend.

She REALLY prefers "attractive" races. Ie, I wanted to play Order but she likes the look of Dark Elves on the web page.

If you want to play Order, you could always tell her the truth, that Dark Elves look like Emo kids with with some sort of mild retardation. They also have the worst "face" models in the game. Empire and high elves have the best looking female characters.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 02:26:07 PM

Play a Tank then. WP _is_ a half assed healer and tank and dps. Tanks, if you like that kind of thing are amazing. Ironbreakers with healer backup are totally amazing.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 05:46:44 PM

There's always the high elves if she really must be an elf instead of embracing the raw hotness that is the female dwarf.

God Save the Horn Players
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 08:07:02 PM

My female Dwarf is a hot lil plumper.    awesome, for real
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 09:18:20 PM

Play a Chosen and tell her to play a Disciple of Khaine (Dest. version of warrior priest).  The Dark Elves are evil attractive I guess. 
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 03:05:32 AM

There's always the high elves if she really must be an elf instead of embracing the raw hotness that is the female dwarf.

This.  Seriously I think the female dwarf models are the best looking of the lot!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 06:58:58 PM

Well, I think the current plan if I can keep her away from Dark Elves is to suggest an Archmage, and play an Ironbreaker myself. I'm sure a swordmaster is a fine class, but I want something that protects her - doesn't just get ignored until she's dead, which just isn't very fun for her.

As I understand it, Archmage does DPS and then gets an instant heal? Or someshit?

I wouldn't know, I'm still downloading from motherfucking fileplanet.

Point is - She wants magic, and I know that she won't be happy long term without a good looking character. I SUPPOSE I'd prefer to tank, as it's what I've traditionally done through every Diku I've played, pretty much. Everyone else just does it so very badly that I just level a tank eventually, so I guess I'd might as well just do it right away.

DPS DPS DPS / BIG FREE HEAL sounds amazing, right up her alley. She'd be very happy with that concept. However, I've heard the DPS isn't great, and I wonder how the healing is.

So what's the straight dope, yo?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 04:51:53 AM

Well, I think the current plan if I can keep her away from Dark Elves is to suggest an Archmage, and play an Ironbreaker myself. I'm sure a swordmaster is a fine class, but I want something that protects her - doesn't just get ignored until she's dead, which just isn't very fun for her.

As I understand it, Archmage does DPS and then gets an instant heal? Or someshit?

I wouldn't know, I'm still downloading from motherfucking fileplanet.

Point is - She wants magic, and I know that she won't be happy long term without a good looking character. I SUPPOSE I'd prefer to tank, as it's what I've traditionally done through every Diku I've played, pretty much. Everyone else just does it so very badly that I just level a tank eventually, so I guess I'd might as well just do it right away.

DPS DPS DPS / BIG FREE HEAL sounds amazing, right up her alley. She'd be very happy with that concept. However, I've heard the DPS isn't great, and I wonder how the healing is.

So what's the straight dope, yo?

If you are looking to pair up with a healer, either a runepriest or archmage would be terrific.  Runepriests tend to be great healers regardless of spec, Archmages can go either way, you can either spec them to be a terrific healer (some argue better than a runepriest) or go for damage/utility.  The utility line has some neat spells, including a "ranged mortal strike" type effect. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Best Duos?  
Jump to: