Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:46:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: I am awesome. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am awesome.  (Read 17233 times)
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

on: September 01, 2008, 09:33:25 PM

UO has these things called communication crystals.  Way back in the old days, they were what the game had instead of tells.  One broadcasting crystal is linked to any number of receivers, and they're used to transmit text.  But everyone just used instant messages, and forgot the crystals existed.

Well, when placed inside a pack animal, the text appears over the animal itself, and the crystal can't be tampered with by anyone else.  So I set up a system of crystals allowing up to four of us to broadcast to a series of "talking pack horses" stationed in Britain, Haven, and Luna.  And christened it WNOOB, Noob Radio.

Me and one guy are sitting in Haven in the tavern near the bank, broadcasting with a few people, while a field reporter runs around interviewing people taking part in a guild war.  I gave away a free artifact to the first guy to reach Haven bank with a tame mongbat named WNOOB.

It's... a lot of fun, actually.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:43:44 PM

How come your name turned brown? Or is that gold?

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 09:49:29 PM

It's gold.  It's because I'm one of the more awesome people you'll meet.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 09:54:12 PM

Oh, that's cool. WNUB would be a better title for your broadcasting station. It's snappier.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 10:04:46 PM

Hm, yeah.

EDIT:  So yeah, two Trammel guilds decided they hated each other enough to declare a guild war with the first to 100 kills winning, and they've been fighting all over the game all night.  Our guy has been doing interviews and keeping score from the field while we chat about the expansion.  Good times.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:09:54 PM by WindupAtheist »

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 10:14:10 PM

That's not gold, it is CLEARLY burnt-orange-sienna. COME ON GUYS!

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 10:21:39 PM

You know where this is headed.. right?

-Rasix
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 10:26:39 PM

I figured this was slightly more novel than the usual Gutboyesque "so they nerfed frazzletrops by 2%, the game is on to a brighter future" while people throw cabbage, so I put it in MMOG.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 11:28:59 PM

That's great. Didn't communications crystals used to have limited charges though?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 01:17:10 AM

In before Den.

And that's not gold, it's piss.  why so serious?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 01:27:55 AM

My big ginger pussy threw up that exact colour just the other day.

That's what it is.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Roentgen
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 03:16:31 AM

UO has these things called communication crystals.  Way back in the old days, they were what the game had instead of tells.  One broadcasting crystal is linked to any number of receivers, and they're used to transmit text.  But everyone just used instant messages, and forgot the crystals existed.

Well, when placed inside a pack animal, the text appears over the animal itself, and the crystal can't be tampered with by anyone else.  So I set up a system of crystals allowing up to four of us to broadcast to a series of "talking pack horses" stationed in Britain, Haven, and Luna.  And christened it WNOOB, Noob Radio.

Me and one guy are sitting in Haven in the tavern near the bank, broadcasting with a few people, while a field reporter runs around interviewing people taking part in a guild war.  I gave away a free artifact to the first guy to reach Haven bank with a tame mongbat named WNOOB.

It's... a lot of fun, actually.

I was expecting an entertaining story about how you griefed newbs!  THAT is awesome.  What arty did you give away?

The internet is a place where men are men, women are men, and little boys are the FBI.
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 03:49:02 AM

It's gold.  It's because I'm one of the more awesome people you'll meet.

They are fucking with you WUA. That is piss-colored text you got there.  why so serious?

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 04:06:31 AM

It reminds me of other bodily functions. If your piss is that color, you need to drink more water, stat.  ACK!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 04:32:08 AM

while we chat about the expansion

Expansion?

schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 05:35:21 AM

Oh hay. UO Roleplaying. Off to the UO forum with this.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 06:23:53 AM

If anything coming out of your body is this color, you need to see a doctor.  I already told Signe to see the gyno.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 10:50:12 AM

So, like, they do not require charges anymore?   why so serious?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 12:50:16 PM

The broadcast crystals we were using had 2000 charges each, and everyone had their own, so it wasn't an issue.  It's a little annoying setting them up, since it takes 16 individual crystals to prep 3 speaker-packies for 4 broadcasters, but nothing terribly complicated.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: I am awesome.  
Jump to: