Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 03:20:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Content patch announced: sometime before WotLK release 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Content patch announced: sometime before WotLK release  (Read 13387 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

on: August 26, 2008, 07:59:12 AM

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9236465192&sid=1

Wow:
New class spells and talents
Barbershops
Guild Calendar
Hunter pet skill revamp
Inscription!

And more. Patch to drop "in the coming weeks".

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 07:59:56 AM

Barbershops!

Love Letters
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 09:26:15 AM

No no no!  This is dumb.  I was told so here!

I'm glad they are throwing the current subscribers some bones.  I likes it.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 09:47:44 AM

Again a very smart decision. This way I won't be fumbling with all my new talents when wotlk comes out and instead can focus on some fun experiences.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Dewdrop
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 10:05:20 AM

Hopefully they patch in alot of the new UI coding, threatmeter, and some of the other behind the scenes bells and whistles so that UI/Mod writers can get their stuff up and running. Last thing anyone wants on release day is to fuddle around with their UI for 45min before they even start anything.

Also, (in beta) I keep hearing more and more that this is setting up nicely for a late November release, so that it hits pretty close to the 4 year anniversary for WoW. They still have to resolve some more class/talent issues (Prot Warriors, Feral/Bear Druids, and Rogues need some love it seems and Mages need a fix from what I've been told), and there is the odd buggy quest, but the zones I've run through so far seem like they are doing well (Howling Fjord, Borean Tundra, Dragonblight). Here's hoping..
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 10:18:04 AM

September 17 patch release imo (on the test servers, if nothing else).  awesome, for real

-- Z.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 10:43:28 AM

They still have to resolve some more class/talent issues (Prot Warriors, Feral/Bear Druids, and Rogues need some love it seems and Mages need a fix from what I've been told),

From the whining on the Warlock forums, the mages just got a few fixes in the last beta patch, along with some hunter tweaks.  The warlocks are now beginning to realize they're not getting buffed like other classes are and they're ticked.  It's amusing.

Rogues are, apparently, going to get some raid-wide utility buffs so it makes sense to take them, what with the proposed buff stacking and DPS-equalization changes.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 12:16:44 PM

Incoming hunter nerf, again within a week of the patch dropping, again 2 months before anyone playing release even sees a new level.

Maybe it wont be so bad this time. At least they aren't fucking with sta ratios.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 12:48:22 PM

and what about nerfing LOS/columns in Arenas?   swamp poop
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 12:57:45 PM

and what about nerfing LOS/columns in Arenas?   swamp poop

The new arenas are tiny, and only have transient columns.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 01:02:11 PM

Hey, can someone dig out the thread where I flat out told you they'd do this because they did it last time and some cunt got into an argument about it with me when I was clearly right and they were clearly fucking stupid.

I'd do it myself, but I'm too busy preening.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 01:24:09 PM

Hey, can someone dig out the thread where I flat out told you they'd do this because they did it last time and some cunt got into an argument about it with me when I was clearly right and they were clearly fucking stupid.

I'd do it myself, but I'm too busy preening.

For you baby, anytime:

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=13254.msg472811#msg472811

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 02:09:58 PM

Hmmm, it was Lamaros.

Suddenly I don't feel so superior.

Ach well.  Can't have everything I guess.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 05:12:08 PM

Hehe.

They are not going to put them in wholesale untill the expansion is nearly out, which is not yet, as it would change the game is so many ways that most stuff people are still doing (raiding, pvping) would need to be rebalanced. They are not going to do that.

All I said was that they wouldn't do this months and months in advance of WotLK comming out like they did with TBC. Not that it would not be done.

And seeing how this wont be out till late September (Oct more likely on live) at earliest and I still expect WotLK in November we're still not disagreeing.

If it (delay) happens again then sure. But if WotLK comes out this year you wont see these changes in the game more than a month before it is released.

So yeah. I never said it wouldn't happen. Just that it would be ~one month before release of the expansion. I could still be wrong, but we don't know that yet. This goes live in mid oct and we get an mid nov release of WotLK and I'm actually 100% correct in my expectations.

(I did however disagree with Dren's stupid)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 05:14:11 PM by lamaros »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 07:32:53 PM

Here's a blue post basicly saying the same things as me: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9244876102&pageNo=1&sid=2000#19

None of the classes are done. They are still being iterated on. 3.0 will be on the PTR's soon. There is still a lot of testing before 3.0 would go live to public servers.

If you look back at past patches, we've had patches on the PTR for over 2 months before.

TL;DR version: Don't expect this to go live before October, or maybe even November.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 07:37:40 PM by lamaros »
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 10:03:57 PM

The can't get this shit out by November. That's a pipe dream or epic fail.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 12:45:20 AM

Prediction: This patch will be out the week after Blizzcon, with WotLK live a month or so later.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 08:11:20 AM

(I did however disagree with Dren's stupid)

And you were wrong.  My original post said get this out to the current subscribers ahead of the expansion to not only test it on a macro scale (outside test servers,) but to throw a bone at the people that care the most about it and tend to give the most input versus those that quit and only come back at big patches and expansions.

Put as much of the content that doesn't require the expansion in when it seems ready, not at expansion launch.

The amazing and indepth retort?  "That's dumb."

The other great response?  "They want to sell expansions." --- Yeah, guess that part about "content that doesn't require the expansion" slipped by people.  Subscribers can continue to enjoy that stuff even without the expansion.

I think you're wrong in thinking the expansion is only a few months away.  My prediction is that we'll be chewing on this patch for 3-4 months before the expansion comes out.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 08:56:59 AM

Wheeeeeeeeeeee

why so serious?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 08:57:16 AM

Yep.  That'd be why they're tossing it out there NOW rather than just waiting for the expansion.  Eyonix mentioned they keep some patches on the test servers for "Months." That would appear to be setting the stage for the patch to not go live until late October/ November.  If the x-pac was going live around then as well, they'd be announcing it as the X-pack patch, NOT a content patch.

There will be no WOTLK before January, 09.  People need to stop reading EBGames 'release dates' as some sort of gospel and just wait on the company to make the damn announcements.  They're right as often as Ms. Cleo.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 09:32:38 AM

Wheeeeeeeeeeee

why so serious?
Well done!  You got someone else to dig up the argument to get it started again while you sat back and made a couple of snarky comments.  You've got some amazing management skills.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 10:38:38 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 10:54:32 AM

Wheeeeeeeeeeee

why so serious?
Well done!  You got someone else to dig up the argument to get it started again while you sat back and made a couple of snarky comments.  You've got some amazing management skills.

I personally thought the 2 minutes it took me to find the thread was going to be a waste of time.  Just goes to show you the glory that a small amount of effort can produce.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 04:41:54 PM

I think you're wrong in thinking the expansion is only a few months away.  My prediction is that we'll be chewing on this patch for 3-4 months before the expansion comes out.

Hehe.

There will be no WOTLK before January, 09.  People need to stop reading EBGames 'release dates' as some sort of gospel and just wait on the company to make the damn announcements.  They're right as often as Ms. Cleo.

You're wrong too, but I kinda like you so I feel bad for you being in the same boat as the above.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 01:34:05 AM

It always amazes me that people don't actually LISTEN to Blizzard when they say 'When it's Done.'

It's a mantra they have built huge successes on and yet you people treat them like SOE.

Have some fucking patience.  I mean, when it  DOES come out, you're just going to bitch about it anyway....

And you wanted to work for me ?  This is how I run my department.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 01:56:50 AM

It always amazes me that people don't actually LISTEN to Blizzard when they say 'When it's Done.'

It's a mantra they have built huge successes on and yet you people treat them like SOE.

Have some fucking patience.  I mean, when it  DOES come out, you're just going to bitch about it anyway....

I'll assume you're replying to me here?

I don't really care when it comes out. I'll play it when it does for 2-3months and then stop again, like I've done all other times. I'm just saying what I think will happen.

We can make bets if you want to make it more fun. I'm sure my contrite apology would be reward in itself, but why not go for more?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 04:42:37 AM

Actually, No.

It's more a general observation.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 06:29:07 AM

I'm sure my contrite apology ...

Apologizing for a prediction is not necessary.  Apologizing for saying everyone elses predictions are stupid and dumb however....

Predictions are like assholes.  Everyone has one.

Except an old friend of mine that had colon cancer and let you know every chance he had that his was missing.  May he rest in peace.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 07:03:07 AM

I'm sure my contrite apology ...

Apologizing for a prediction is not necessary.  Apologizing for saying everyone elses predictions are stupid and dumb however....

That is what I meant. Of course there is no reason just to apologise for having an opinion.

But you know. I won't be apologising, because it's coming out this year.  Grin (I may gloat a little, though I will try to be magnanimous)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 08:34:13 AM

And you wanted to work for me ?  This is how I run my department.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
It's not November 4th, yet.

I'm perfectly fine with a smart boss who gets their employees to work without realizing they're working until after the fact.

lesion

Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 04:56:35 AM

I resubbed for this crap and a chance at beta. swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop

Also I'm bored. And Dumb.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 08:56:19 AM

*Nelson laugh*

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 06:37:30 PM

Lord Nelson has a distinctive laugh? Some sort of "Hah! I have confounded thee Napeleon, but I too am confounded!"?

And yeah, I actually thought of him before I thought of the Simpsons...
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 03:44:08 PM

That would still be condecending.  Either works.

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #34 on: September 10, 2008, 02:49:41 PM

Background downloading is about to be enabled for the patch:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9679402958&sid=1

Maybe it's coming sooner than I thought.

Dammit, I need to decide on a good level 70 raiding build for my warlock.  I NEED MORE TIME.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Content patch announced: sometime before WotLK release  
Jump to: